Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I know what you mean, Ace.

I get tired of hearing the race card played and labeled a racist, because I'm doing what I can for the people of this country. There are many times I want to get into a debate about this issue and end up beating a dead horse, because logic and reason aren't on my opponent's side.

Don't stop talking about it, I just want to make sure that we still keep our "dukes" up and swingin'.

Acebackwords,

My point about China is that countries don't pursue "irresponsible over-breeding policies": only people can make that decision one way or another. So, for example, the French government does everything it can to promote breeding, by favoring "familles nombreuses" through legislation, but its birth rate is still below replacement level because of factors it cannot affect. So I want to bring this down to the individual level: how many children represent "irresponsible over-breeding", on the part of a Chinese family, an American family or anyone else?

I did not come to America "looking for a better life". I came here so as not to be separated by six thousand miles from my wife, who was studying here. I happened to find what I consider to be a better life here, because I have grown to love the US very deeply; but at the time I made the decision, I believed American culture to be inferior to British culture. Like I say, immigration decisions are more complex than simply "deciding that one country is better than another".

Given the number of Americans who are descended from British people, I am not sure that the reason why "this country is better" is because not many British people came here.

You should also pay closer attention to the distinction I am drawing. To believe that the US is a better country than any other is not racist. To believe that "Anglo-European Americans" are better than any other people on the planet, as I saw in one post, is racist.

I think that it is a noble thing that America welcomes the "huddled masses yearning to breathe free" in a way that Mexico or China does not. It is in fact easier to become a permanent resident in the US than it is to become a permanent resident in the UK (as far as I know - I have not studied UK immigration law closely). However, those facts don't make CIS a sane or well-run organization, or make the laws relating to legal immigrants logical or consistent, and even as a guest in your country I am entitled to voice criticism of how they go about things.

Valis,

I think you are right about the reasons for high birth rates. They are a function of poverty rather than of race.

ALIPAC,

To mention that something is racist when it privileges white people over non-white people is not "race-baiting". I am extremely careful about using the word "racist", and I am not saying that ALIPAC is a racist organization. I am saying that I have seen an individual posting on this board that embodies a racist attitude. Similarly, if someone makes a posting that opposes all immigrants or makes offensive comments about all immigrants, it does not violate any policy of this board for me to call that attitude out and disagree with it. You should be as concerned as I am to dissociate yourselves from such views.

I work in the nonprofit sector, and I do not know about the practices of employers of H-1Bs in the IT sector. I know that I did not "displace" any American of equivalent or higher qualifications to do my job.

Gonzo911,

Interesting article on "diversity". I think that sometimes people use "diversity" as a talisman without thinking clearly about why and whether they want it. No American, in my opinion, is under any obligation to honor my culture and heritage, though many do. I am under an obligation to do my best to understand, honor and appreciate theirs, as a guest and aspiring citizen.

Dman1200,

I have a right to be here as long as I obey the law and remain in status, and, as you say, as long as the visa program I am here under continues to exist. What that means is that while it exists, I cannot be deported without due process of law, and my visa cannot be revoked "for any reason", but only if I violate the terms of the program, which I have not done.

Your cultural perspective is surprising to me. Yes, countries run by white Europeans have often been successful, but I think you're wrong to associate the fact that they are well-run with the fact that they are white-run. For example, South Africa is better and more justly run now that it is not run exclusively by a white minority. Ethiopia prospered more under Haile Selassie than under Italian rule. Taiwan and Singapore have done extremely well under Chinese rule, and as you say Japan does OK. So it is really far too much to say that countries prosper when "predominately [sic] white" people run them.

I did not leave Britain because Britain was in any way failing as a state. Neither am I trying to re-create Britain here. I came here because I did not want to be apart from my wife. I have been here six years, rather than "a couple", in California which is the state most affected by illegal immigration, and I oppose illegal immigration.

I have no notion why you would accuse me of "lacking guts". You serve in the military: that's great, and good on you for doing it. I don't serve in the military, and truthfully with my poor dexterity if I did I would be Mr. Friendly Fire, so trust me, it's best if I don't.

I would like to get a green card. They are very difficult to get. This is the country I have chosen to make my life in and contribute to, and I will do my best to make it better: indeed, my field (nonprofit work) is all about that.

I do not "deserve every entitlement in the book". Sure, I feel that if I pay into Social Security, as I do, then I feel I should be eligible to receive it at the end of the day; but you would feel the same way in my situation. I was the most qualified person who applied for my job, so I certainly don't think that it "should have gone to an American citizen": it should have gone to me, and it did. I also said explicitly that the US has every right, as a sovereign country, to regulate immigration and have a say who comes in and out, so please don't assume my views without reading my actual posts.

LegalImmigrant:

Although you are a skillful race baiter, you are still a race baiter. You have made it very clear that one of your main goals here is to constantly move the conversation in that direction.

Yes, ALIPAC does all that we can think of to stay away from those that promote racism.

We also do all we can to stay away from race baiters. A good race baiter like you needs no real proof of racism. You just want to make the claim in the hopes of disuading people from action or to disuade onlookers from participating. You will grasp at any straw to try and justify your desire to disrupt.

You have made it clear that ALIPAC is not the organization that fits your views and you have made it clear you want to attack the views of other users.

This would be fair game with exception to your race baiting which is strictly prohibited.

We have kept you around for some practice. Drop us a line if you ever get over your PC paralysis and are ready to defend this nation as we are from lawlessness and anarchy.

You were warned twice.

Take a deep breath skillfull troll.

YOU ARE OUT OF HERE.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678