Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How did YOUR congresscritter vote on 4 million to NCLR?

Thank you for pointing this out. Here is the correct info on the bill from the Senate.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/r ... vote=00264

U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 109th Congress - 1st Session

as compiled through Senate LIS by the Senate Bill Clerk under the direction of the Secretary of the Senate

Vote Summary

Question: On Passage of the Bill (H.R. 3058, as amended )
    Vote Number: 264 Vote Date: October 20, 2005, 07:37 PM
    Required For Majority: 1/2 Vote Result: Bill Passed
    Measure Number: H.R. 3058 (Transportation, Treasury, Housing and Urban Development, the Judiciary, the District of Columbia, and Independent Agencies Appropriations Act, 2006 )
    Measure Title: A bill making appropriations for the Departments of Transportation, Treasury, and Housing and Urban Development, the Judiciary, District of Columbia, and independent agencies for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2006, and for other purposes.
    Vote Counts: YEAs 93
    NAYs 1
    Not Voting 6
    Vote Summary By Senator Name By Vote Position By Home State

Alphabetical by Senator Name Akaka (D-HI), Yea
    Alexander (R-TN), Yea
    Allard (R-CO), Yea
    Allen (R-VA), Yea
    Baucus (D-MT), Not Voting
    Bayh (D-IN), Nay
    Bennett (R-UT), Yea
    Biden (D-DE), Yea
    Bingaman (D-NM), Yea
    Bond (R-MO), Yea
    Boxer (D-CA), Yea
    Brownback (R-KS), Yea
    Bunning (R-KY), Yea
    Burns (R-MT), Yea
    Burr (R-NC), Yea
    Byrd (D-WV), Yea
    Cantwell (D-WA), Yea
    Carper (D-DE), Yea
    Chafee (R-RI), Yea
    Chambliss (R-GA), Yea
    Clinton (D-NY), Yea
    Coburn (R-OK), Yea
    Cochran (R-MS), Yea
    Coleman (R-MN), Yea
    Collins (R-ME), Yea
    Conrad (D-ND), Yea
    Cornyn (R-TX), Yea
    Corzine (D-NJ), Not Voting
    Craig (R-ID), Yea
    Crapo (R-ID), Yea
    Dayton (D-MN), Yea
    DeMint (R-SC), Yea
    DeWine (R-OH), Yea
    Dodd (D-CT), Yea
    Dole (R-NC), Yea
    Domenici (R-NM), Yea
    Dorgan (D-ND), Yea
    Durbin (D-IL), Yea
    Ensign (R-NV), Yea
    Enzi (R-WY), Yea
    Feingold (D-WI), Yea
    Feinstein (D-CA), Yea
    Frist (R-TN), Yea
    Graham (R-SC), Yea
    Grassley (R-IA), Yea
    Gregg (R-NH), Yea
    Hagel (R-NE), Yea
    Harkin (D-IA), Yea
    Hatch (R-UT), Yea
    Hutchison (R-TX), Yea
    Inhofe (R-OK), Yea
    Inouye (D-HI), Not Voting
    Isakson (R-GA), Yea
    Jeffords (I-VT), Yea
    Johnson (D-SD), Yea
    Kennedy (D-MA), Yea
    Kerry (D-MA), Yea
    Kohl (D-WI), Yea
    Kyl (R-AZ), Yea
    Landrieu (D-LA), Yea
    Lautenberg (D-NJ), Yea
    Leahy (D-VT), Yea
    Levin (D-MI), Yea
    Lieberman (D-CT), Yea
    Lincoln (D-AR), Yea
    Lott (R-MS), Yea
    Lugar (R-IN), Yea
    Martinez (R-FL), Yea
    McCain (R-AZ), Not Voting
    McConnell (R-KY), Yea
    Mikulski (D-MD), Yea
    Murkowski (R-AK), Yea
    Murray (D-WA), Yea
    Nelson (D-FL), Yea
    Nelson (D-NE), Yea
    Obama (D-IL), Yea
    Pryor (D-AR), Yea
    Reed (D-RI), Yea
    Reid (D-NV), Yea
    Roberts (R-KS), Yea
    Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea
    Salazar (D-CO), Yea
    Santorum (R-PA), Yea
    Sarbanes (D-MD), Yea
    Schumer (D-NY), Not Voting
    Sessions (R-AL), Yea
    Shelby (R-AL), Yea
    Smith (R-OR), Yea
    Snowe (R-ME), Yea
    Specter (R-PA), Yea
    Stabenow (D-MI), Yea
    Stevens (R-AK), Yea
    Sununu (R-NH), Not Voting
    Talent (R-MO), Yea
    Thomas (R-WY), Yea
    Thune (R-SD), Yea
    Vitter (R-LA), Yea
    Voinovich (R-OH), Yea
    Warner (R-VA), Yea
    Wyden (D-OR), Yea
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

I couldn't find the connection between this House Resolution and "4 million to NCLR". Could somebody please explain? I also noticed Baca voted Nay and Tancredo voted Aye. Apparently, I'm missing something significant.

Unbelieveable. So every worthless traitor in both parties including those who claim to be against illegal immigration voted for this. Can someone tell me what good is this lousy Senate? How can we continue to vote for these people who are so anti American and so hell bent on globalism and ending our nation? They just don't care. Whatever gets their campaign coffers filled. They are nothing but cheap whores for big business.

I just sent over some letters to my treasonous rep and senators, demanding them to explain their hideous actions, but I'm not holding my breath on getting an answer anytime soon.

These worthless windbags talk about cutting spending and yet they hand out 4 million to one of the most subversive, racist, anti american groups in this country. Yet if the KKK got the same handout everyone would be screaming and rightfully so. But I guess it's ok to be a racist and a lawbreaker if your hispanic, but not if your of another ethnicity. Disgusting!
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I cant seem to find it either in the bills! Am i missing something also?

P

http://www.discoverthenetwork.org/Artic ... marks.html

GOP Congress Earmarks $4 Million for Leftist Pro-Illegal Alien Group

by Amanda B. Carpenter
    Posted Dec 2, 2005
    HUMAN EVENTS

Thanks to a congressional earmark, an open-borders advocacy group that pushes for driver’s licenses, free in-state tuition and healthcare for illegal aliens and bilingual requirements for state agencies and ballots is slated to get $4 million in new taxpayer money to add to the more than $30 million it has received from various federal agencies since 1996.

The National Council of La Raza (NCLR), Spanish for “the race,� will get its latest grant through an appropriations bill passed by Congress on November 18. The Joint Explanatory Statement of HR 3058, available on the House’s Rules Committee website lists 1,100 plus earmarks in the bill, including La Raza’s grant under the Housing and Urban Development Department’s Self-Help and Assisted Ownership Programs. Under this account La Raza will receive four times as much as the Special Olympics, which won a $1-million earmark.

La Raza is the nation’s largest Hispanic advocacy organization. It was adamantly opposed to the REAL ID Act, which will prevent states from issuing driver’s licenses to illegal aliens if they want them to be usable for federal purposes. It is also opposed to the CLEAR Act, which would grant state and local law enforcement agencies that wish to do so the authority to enforce federal immigration laws.

Spontaneous Spending

The Capital Research Center (CRC), which rates public interest groups on a scale of 1 to 8, with 1 equaling “radical left� and 8 equaling “free market right,� gave La Raza a rating of 2, the same rating it gave People for the American Way and NARAL Pro-Choice America. CRC reports that La Raza’s net assets totaled nearly $52 million in 2003.

La Raza Senior Vice President Charles Kamasaki explained in an e-mail that his group typically gets government grants three different ways: The largest awards probably come from competitive bidding processes for grants and contracts said Kamasaki. But other grants include congressional earmarksâ€â€

OH NO! THIS is just COMPLETE IDIOCY! BOTH DOLE and BURR voted FOR THIS. They just continue to STICK IT TO US, don't they???

And, I can't FIND where the House votes are listed. I'm STILL missing something.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

"Under this account La Raza will receive four times as much as the Special Olympics, which won a $1-million earmark."

This is BS and thier needs to be an investigation into whom is getting kick backs, becuase when we are in debt we need cut no give more and i am still missing something as booties is.

P

I tried to do a search on the PDF and I can't find it either. Give me a little time and rest assured I WILL. However in looking for it I found some other interesting tidbits...

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:bk ... raza&hl=en

The provision in H.R. 3043 requiring borrowers to participate in housing counseling was supported by Janis Bowdler, Housing Policy Analyst for the National Council of La Raza. Ms. Bowdler said that there are many barriers to homeownership besides downpayments, such as inability to access housing counseling. Her recommendations to the subcommittee were that the bill provide housing counseling agencies with adequate resources, offer timely access to counseling, and allow the zero downpayment option only to FHA-approved lenders.
    http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:_U ... raza&hl=en

Calendar No. 170

109TH CONGRESS

SENATE
    1st Session

109-106
    DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA APPROPRIATIONS BILL, 2006

For these reasons, the Committee has included $2,000,000 to begin a Latino youth initiative in the District.

Strengthening Latino Youth Programs

The Committee is providing $1,250,000 to The National Council of La Raza [NCLR] to improve health and educational outcomes of Latino children and promote violence prevention among Latino youth in the District. Working in partnership with its community-based affiliates in the Metropolitan area, NCLR will establish a multi-faceted demonstration project focused on health, education, and violence prevention among Latino children and youth in the region. This initiative will build on and be integrated into existing, successful NCLR programs that serve and collaborate with low-income Latino children and youth.

A key component of this effort will be the development of cadres of promotores or lay community promoters as a primary pathway to deliver culturally competent and language appropriate information to Latino communities on health and violence prevention.

The objective of NCLR's work in the District will be to mobilize Latinos to take action in improving their children's health status and preventing violence and promoting well-being in their communities. One such strategy, the use of promotores, has been pioneered by NCLR and its affiliates in a number of health-related contexts, mainly in the Southwest. NCLR proposes to expand this approach to the D.C. region, target it toward children's health, and to study its potential effectiveness as a tool for gang-related violence prevention. NCLR's will also support, promote, and document the implementation of these demonstration programs to inform policy and practice more broadly across the region and the Nation.

The Committee intends that resources will be divided among the core health and gang violence elements of the program and will support the work of the partner community-based affiliates in the D.C. area. Within each core element of the program, the Committee expects the bulk of the resources will be allocated to program interventions.

Improving Latino Education

The Committee has included $400,000 for the Mid Atlantic Equity Consortium, Inc. [MAEC] to administer a Latino Education Initiative. MAEC will administer a program aimed at reducing dropout rates and increasing achievement of Latino students, especially those who are English Language Learners [ELL]. MAEC will use research on Latino student achievement and available community resources to make policy recommendations. The Committee intends that MAEC should serve as the fiscal agent for these funds and may contract with or sub-grant to eligible entities in order to carry out the intent of the funding.

Of this amount, the Committee has included sufficient funds for a Latino Education Director who will oversee and coordinate citywide efforts to improve educational opportunities and outcomes for Latino students.

The Committee is informed that MAEC has expertise in this area and has been working with DCPS on related issues for several years. Because it is an independent nonprofit, it has the ability to work citywide to ensure that ELL and Latino students are well-served whether they attend DCPS, charter, or non-public schools.

MAEC will coordinate the recruitment and hiring of the Latino Education Director. The Director will have responsibility to coordinate with all relevant parties: the District Government, DCPS, Charter Schools, Non-Public Schools, and community-based organizations involved in serving Latino students.

The Committee is also providing $400,000 for the Latin American Youth Center [LAYC] YouthBuild Public Charter School [YouthBuild PCS], a newly approved charter school that takes to scale a highly successful program that the LAYC has operated for 10 years. The YouthBuild program has worked with D.C.'s most troubled youth--high school dropouts, former gang members, teen parents, adjudicated youth--and helped them obtain a GED and gain job skills in the construction industry while creating housing for homeless and low-income D.C. residents.

The Committee understands that the YouthBuild Public Charter School combines academics and vocational training in one of D.C.'s fastest-growing job markets; benefits the community by rehabilitating low-income housing while teaching students construction skills; and is a proven program being taken to a larger scale.

The promotion of education reform in small alternative settings in our Nation's capital has been a priority for the Congress. The YouthBuild PCS is fostering that reform by taking the most disconnected and disadvantaged youth in the Nation's capital and ensuring that the educational system works for them as well.

Here's the url, its a PDF on page 187.

http://www.rules.house.gov/109/text/hr3 ... 058jes.pdf

Gearhead, Good find. This is bullsh!t, special Olympics gets a million verses LARAZA. Iam calling my rep tomorrow, this is nuts. What is wrong with this picture? This is so messed up on so many levels.

P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast