Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How many here have Mexican neighbors?

And I mean either right next door, or upstairs in an apt? I do, they live above me, I cant tell you how many times I've had to talk with them about
    how to live with RESPECT for the other people around you. The one incident that made me throw acting civil out the window was one night at 1:30 in the morning, they decide its a great time to crank up the TV and have romper room with the lil anchor in the bedroom above mine. Well it woke me up, and i was NOT happy. I had talked to them many times before about noise and slamming doors. I got up, about broke the sliding closet door slamming it open to put pants on. I went outside and about kicked their door down. And guess who came to the door? You guessed it, the WIFE!. Would you send your wife to the door at 1:30 am when someone is kicking it in? NO, he was hiding under the bed for sure. She speaks broken english, he speaks no english, well, this time with my finger in her face I went off for a good 30 minutes with NO respect at all. All was good after that for about a month, then slowly it started up again, so I had another talk, and called the rental office and let them know, I f I have to knock on that door one more time, there will be police and EMS in the complex that night. I dont pay 1300 a month to be constantly disturbed by these idiots I said. Well, they talked to them, and they actually came to me to apologize, and asked me not to call the office again, to just knock on the door and ask them to be quiet. I said, if its 1:30 in the morning, and I have to work the next day, I'm not knocking on anything, you can bet your ass on that one. But....what I've noticed, everytime news about that Bill hits the airways in a positive light for them they act up. When they have House members on TV denouncing it, they quiet down. I also think they want me to move so they can get her Mother and Father to move in down here, her folks live in this complex down the road. Well, I'm not moving anywhere. I have no problem kicking in doors at 1:30 in the morning, thats not enough to make me move.....besides I work hard to live here, unlike the deadbeat Illegal upstairs... And yes everytime I go to a protest, I lay my signs on the roof of my car so they can read them from upstairs as I load flags and ALIPAC flyers in my car...Just thought I would share.

I have some living right next to me. Honestly though, these are a good bunch. There are a few young families I can see out my window. I have no complaints about my neighbors.

But, I know many of other places within a block or two where the situation isn't so pleasant.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    If I were you I'd make sure if they act up to call the police. That way it gets them into trouble with the law. If they don't show up to the court hearing or if they have warrants on them they will be arrested.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

It's also not a good idea to taunt them with the signs on the roof of your car.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

How many here have Mexican neighbors?
    I'm fortunate to have all American neighbors. My next door neighbor happens to be Hispanic, and he's a retired field grade officer. He's a great neighbor and friend.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Quote Originally Posted by NoIllegalsAllowed
    If I were you I'd make sure if they act up to call the police. That way it gets them into trouble with the law. If they don't show up to the court hearing or if they have warrants on them they will be arrested.
    I have mailed the ALIPAC renters flyer to the office and the main office. And everytime you complain about a tenant, Its put in their file. I'm waiting for the big one to call the cops. I know 11 cops on the suffolk county Police force. They all know my situation and say they WILL respond. So, I'm just waiting. If I have to call I will, I prefer to handle things myself usually.

I have no Mexican neighbors. Although I live in Miami, there is only one Hispanic family in my street. Most of the families are Americans and a few from Jamaica.

My backyard neighbor is a family from Colombia. They are Ok, but the husband is a little lazy; all the debris from the hurricane Wilma is still in his backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by ArticleIV
    I dont see it as taunting, If they can read them thats fine, I WILL NOT hide my feelings on the subject from anyone. If they disagree with my stance thats fine. If they understood what I was saying, I would express how I feel about it to them, in a polite manner. Was it fair we were all taunted with Mexican flags and racial signs when they marched? Thats taunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Xianleather
    Quote Originally Posted by ArticleIV
    I dont see it as taunting, If they can read them thats fine, I WILL NOT hide my feelings on the subject from anyone. If they disagree with my stance thats fine. If they understood what I was saying, I would express how I feel about it to them, in a polite manner. Was it fair we were all taunted with Mexican fags and racial signs when they marched? Thats taunting.
    I said that out of concern for your safety. I know it is wrong, and you have every right to do what they do. I also know that their bravado sometimes calls for payback.

I had a legal family from Nicarauga living 2 doors down from me years ago, they were nice and spoke English, the nanny didn't speak English too good, but she did fine.

it would be a toss up for my worse neighbors. In that same house some people had some real mean dogs. I almost got attacked several times, once by 2 dogs, had my door been locked I would have been ripped to pieces -- 1 of those dogs was the meanest thing I'd ever seen -- his eyes were red and I swear he was like satan. I ran into the column on the porch once trying to get away and my poor little dog, I had to grab her and run.

I had to call the cops on many occasions and at first they were like 'yeah right' so I told them to go across the street and talk to the men, they came back and told me to call anytime.

When the police would go to the house they would tell them the dog broke the chain and got out of the fence. I told them it was mighty funny that dog worked on a calendar -- he'd always get out on Friday after 5:00.

One night, after I had called the cops twice already, I heard a commotion and looked out and the dog was after the man that lived across the street -- I called the cops again and in a few minutes I heard two shots, I thought sure Gary had killed the dog, but he hadn't.

It also got after a little old lady walking her poodle one morning and I had to scream to get his attention -- I hated that dog!

I was so glad when those people moved, a black family moved in after that and there hasn't been any problems since.

and the house right next door was is an Iranian family.
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast