Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How's my spelling

As many of you have noticed, I have a big vocabulary but I'm prone to spelling errors when exhausted.

Considering that many people believe there is a juxtaposition between proper spelling and intelligent positions, I'm engaging in an attempt to rectify the problem.

Yes, that touch of dyslexia as a child has left me with remnant problems of not always being able to spell my "50 cent" words. You know, the words you thought you would get paid for using after graduation?

I feel a new sense of confidence in my typing now that I'm using a new tool. Can anyone spot any misspellings in this post?

Thank goodness for those cybernetic enhancements and new software gadgets! How will we all fence and struggle with academicians with Masters degrees when our spelling suffers?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Spelling looks great William!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Some of you might want to try this out with me. It seems to work well. If more of you like it, I will add it as a suggestion to our rules section.

It's called

ieSpell - A Spell Checker for Internet Explorer

You can get details and free download of it at

http://www.iespell.com/

Installation is easy and once installed it creates a little button on the top of Internet Explorer that says ABC Check. You hit that before posting and it helps you correct your spelling.

Very nice.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

PERFECT, William!! One of my sons had the same problem. Well, STILL has that problem and I remember, when he was a teenager and a Boy Scout, his troop was going on a camping trip and we told him to make a list of the things he needed from the grocery store. So, he had left to go to school and we proceed to the grocery store. We start looking at the list and there is one thing on there spelled "BULLYON"!! After scratching our heads for about five minutes, it FINALLY dawned on us that he wanted BOUILLON!!!! And, like you William, he is VERY bright (OF COURSE--He is MY SON!!!) but he just CANNOT spell!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

While we are on spelling, I just noticed a topic under "Current Group Discussions" that someone has posted and the title is, "Immigration Reform Rhythums". That SHOULD be "RHYTHMS"!!! I know, I know!!! I OBSESS about spelling BUT I want ALIPAC to present an INTELLIGENT impression to visitors to our site and, if they click on us and see a bunch of spelling errors, they aren't going to know that we are all GENIUSES. They are just going to see the errors! Or maybe that's just ME!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Some of you might want to try this out with me. It seems to work well. If more of you like it, I will add it as a suggestion to our rules section.

It's called

ieSpell - A Spell Checker for Internet Explorer

You can get details and free download of it at

http://www.iespell.com/

Installation is easy and once installed it creates a little button on the top of Internet Explorer that says ABC Check. You hit that before posting and it helps you correct your spelling.

Very nice.

W

I know I need it so I'll just go and download it. Of course my wife will be lost with out my asking is xxxxx spelled......

That's really a smart tool. I'll see if it helps y'all!!! But, based on W's sample, it must really work.

Well, I have it installed and have checked to see if this installation works. By golly it does.
    I have been waiting for this to show up here for 11 months and 3 days.

Bootsie, I checked that article "immigration reform rythums" and that's how Linda Chavez, the "author" spelled it. Bush was going to appoint her US Secretary of Labor but she withdrew. (Probably had an illegal housekeeper).
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yep. I saw that the minute I clicked on the article. LOVED IT!! I posted that on the thread where she had that article!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast