Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I don't think that I have ever listened to the National Anthem or watched Old Glory being raised and not have tears stream down my face.

What a beautiful way to start the day!
    If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

I feel the same way when I hear the National Anthem. Whether it be at a ballgame or at 5:00 p.m. on our local radio station. I get all choked up. I know all true Americans feel the same way.

Thanks SoSad

I love being at a nascar race and the flags flying and watching the stealth bombers fly over, Oh what a feeling of pride you get, that tight feeling in your chest.

I wonder how many people have never had that feeling of love and pride for their country?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Do you feel a sense of patriotism when you see the flag of America?

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    I fought under our flag as a US marine, many of the guys I served with now have their name on the wall.
    Our flag means a lot to me for many reasons!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    I fought under our flag as a US marine, many of the guys I served with now have their name on the wall.
    Our flag means a lot to me for many reasons!
    Ah, you and my husband both, he went to Nam twice, he was a Marine and he has friends on that same wall! Thank you MountainDog for serving our country!!!

Thanks SOSAD. It's simply beautiful! It's truly sad that millions of people who are living in this great country feel nothing but contempt for our flag and what it represents. Personal gain is their only objective.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who does not feel emotional when our National Anthem is played, and at the sight of our flag, is not a true American. The sense of pride and appreciation felt is something that comes directly from the heart.

MountainDog, I thank you as well, and all of the others who have served in our military. My dear brother who passed away last year, served in the Navy during the Vietnam War. Thank God his name does not appear on The Wall, but I always get emotional just reading the inscription on his grave marker: U.S. Navy Vietnam.

Your welcome fedupdeb!! I agree

Old Glory has special meaning for me. My dad who passed on over a year ago, was a Recon Marine in the Pacific during WWII. The war never left him. I grew up knowing what he, his buddies and his generation did for this country. I fly my flag most of the year in honor of their sacrifice and all those who have shed their blood and sacrificed their youth in service to this country. LET NO MEXICAN FLAG FLY ABOVE HER!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast