Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mamie,

The illegal alien situation is tied into a lot of other things. I originally started with the NAFTA trade agreement and our people loosing their jobs and one thing led to another the more that I read.

We used to touch on them more in the past, but since this site has grown so much and illegal immigration is front and center now, I hardly have time to see if anything is still posted in Other Topics New and Issues.

But I am sure you know there is more to this than meets the eye. I remember reading some of your posts and thought you were the most intelligent woman whose postings I have ever had the privilege to read,
    (although Judy would be a close tie).

I even thought you were a Constitutional Lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene
    Mamie,

The illegal alien situation is tied into a lot of other things. I originally started with the NAFTA trade agreement and our people loosing their jobs and one thing led to another the more that I read.

We used to touch on them more in the past, but since this site has grown so much and illegal immigration is front and center now, I hardly have time to see if anything is still posted in Other Topics New and Issues.

But I am sure you know there is more to this than meets the eye. I remember reading some of your posts and thought you were the most intelligent woman whose postings I have ever had the privilege to read,
    (although Judy would be a close tie).

I even thought you were a Constitutional Lawyer.
    that is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said about me, I am humbled. Just today I was feeling so discouraged, but coming here gives me the will to keep fighting.

As you know, I'm not a lawyer but the Lord works in mysterious ways -- you would be surprised to know where I got my education, and I truly believe it was for this purpose, it's just hard trying to get people to listen.
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Re: I Fear................

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie
    Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizen
    But what I think Americans are going to do is march down to the polls, and let the voting do the speaking for them
    we had nothing short of a revolution in November 2004, when hundreds of thousands of people waited in line for hours up until the wee hours of the morning in the wet and cold to cast their vote -- I don't think Congress has seen anything yet
    I agree. I honestly believe that the incumbents won't know what hit them when it's all said and done on Election Day.

These senators are a joke....Some straddling the fence, then there are the wafflers, still others are hoping to wait it out until after Election Day, as if that is going to buy them the time they need to vote on this "Guest Wroker Program" that reeks of Amnesty, without securing our borders first!!

No, no we Americans can see right through those tactics as well!

Illegal Aliens....Cheap votes for the Democrats, and Cheap labor for the Republicans along with Bush dragging his heels is going to be their ruination come November

Just remember. If American Citizens decides to do something publicly to counter the Illegals. It will be considered EVIL! Even if it is non-violent. Sometimes we pity the wrong people.

Seems to me like we never used to hear a peep about EITHER side of this issue. The fact that we squawked loud enough to make the legislators consider building a fence on the border and prosecuting employers when the House of Representatives passed HR 4437 tells me that we are pretty effective.

I can't understand why people only see the negative things instead of the positive. I know I've worked hard and I can name you about fifty other people right off the top of my head who have worked as hard as I have or harder to get this issue under the noses of not only our elected officials but also the media.

Just because the opposition runs around spouting foolishness and tries to get us to feel sorry for them, just because the media encourages them doesn't mean that WE have accomplished nothing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr

Just because the opposition runs around spouting foolishness and tries to get us to feel sorry for them, just because the media encourages them doesn't mean that WE have accomplished nothing.
    I've tried and tried to get our local station to carry some of the things that are posted here -- articles that have appeared in newspapers across the country, but I haven't had any luck. But that's okay -- every dog has it's day and they won't be receiving "insider" information on some upcoming events either, they'll hear about it when everyone else does.

Darlene

I wrote "-- you would be surprised to know where I got my education" -- after I thought about it, it probably sounded like I got an education in Tutwiller Prison for women!! -- that's not the case
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Mamie, I, too, am impressed with your knowledge and insight.

I was totally surprised when you said you had only gotten 'enlightened' about it a year ago.

Also, I do like the way you speak about the South - I am from Texas. According to a book I read, not a serious publication, Texas is considered a kinda 'crasy cousin' to the 'True South' - and I'll own that for Texas.

I recently learned that the main reason TExas seceded from the union is because the US had promised if Texas became a state, they would protect them from Mexico, and hadn't done it.

File that one under - "Things ain't changed all that much."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Whatever. I still resent the implication that I've worked for the past ten years writing letters and have accomplished nothing.

Five years ago, did you see even a couple thousand members, not to mention a a thousand guests just reading, on a board dedicated solely to the fight against illegal immigration and secure borders? How about two years ago?

bootsalinda

I too am from the Atlanta area, and I think you are right. I think taking to the streets is an option. What do you think about aiming it more towards the media, and it's lack of "Bringing America the real truth"? Fox news in Atlanta's coverage made me sick!!! When I see the pictures that average Americans bring form the protests. Fox news did everything short of saying "What a glorious day it is for these people!" They didn't show me the "F the law" signs, or the American flag being transformed, or the people wearing masks and chanting AL Raza! All they showed me were smiling Mexicans! We need to put the pressure on them to report the entire truth, so the rest of America can see what is really happening, and stop sugar coating things! I think that we could probably get the VFW and American Legions involved also. If you want to try an organize something, email me. Dannah1965@aol.com
    sherbug from stockbridge is also trying to figure something out that we can do maybe for Memorial day weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Mamie, I, too, am impressed with your knowledge and insight.

I was totally surprised when you said you had only gotten 'enlightened' about it a year ago.

Also, I do like the way you speak about the South - I am from Texas. According to a book I read, not a serious publication, Texas is considered a kinda 'crasy cousin' to the 'True South' - and I'll own that for Texas.

I recently learned that the main reason TExas seceded from the union is because the US had promised if Texas became a state, they would protect them from Mexico, and hadn't done it.

File that one under - "Things ain't changed all that much."
    thanks so much for your kind words too, the Lord knows I needed 'em!

I've been to Texas a couple of times -- a boy I went to school with and his wife lived there -- I actually got stuck in Houston because of the snow! And I have cousins there.

I just love it that the people here have the same patriotic spirit of our forefathers.

JuniusJnr

I agree with you, the glass isn't half empty, it's half full -- at least you've gotten their attention and believe you me, that is half of the battle right there!

Mahatma Ghandi has several quotes that I believe are appropriate here,

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. "

JuniusJnr, I believe you have made it to stage three -- now they are fighting -- then WE WIN!! I have claimed this for myself in another matter -- I have also made it to stage three much to their surprise! Winners never quit and quitters never win.

“You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result”

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123