Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I got a Response form Elizabeth Dole

Nope, not on CAFTA, not on illegal immigrants but on the U.N. I told her that we needed to stop spending tax payers money on the UN. This letter is dated June 24th. I guess their mail is slow in D.C.

I took the time to type out the entire letter. I am sure it is a form letter, but here goes anyways.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about future United States Funding for the United Nations (U.N.). Receiving your ideas and concerns is so important in order for me to represent you, and our state, to the best of my ability in the United States Senate.

The national debate about the U.S. membership in the U.N. often turns to the issue of the U.S. contributions and U.N. waste. In 1999 Senators Helms (R-NC) and Biden (D-DE) cosponsored legislation that would pay roughly $1 billion dollars in arrears to the U.N. if the U.N. met various conditions. The legislation, called the Helms-Biden Agreement, stipulated payment in three installments, each accompanied by its own set of reform conditions. With the initial stipulations met, a first installment of $100 million was paid in 1999. In September 2002, President Bush signed the FY03 Foreign Relations Authorization Act which released $244 million representing the third and final arrears payment that the U.S. needed to absolve its debt to the U.N.

Reform has started and must continue. At the same time, the U.N. Security Council should continue to be a forum and vehicle for a debate to settle international differences. While agencies such as the World Food program do good work, the U.N. continues to have its limitations. The organization continues to be beset by waste, fraud and abuse, with a rotation system that occasionally produces appalling countries like Libya and Iraq to head the U.N. Human Rights Commission or the Committee on Disarmament.

It is in the interests of the U.S. to engage the U.N. and help shape its future, rather than sit back and watch the organization self-destruct. The U.N. can and should play an important role in meditating disputes between nations, advancing human rights, and countering the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. At the same time, it is imperative that the U.N. does not act as a barrier that prevents the U.S. from taking per-emptive action in self-defense.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your ideas and concerns. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

With my warmest best wishes,

Elizabeth Dole
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

this person needs to be gone as soon as the election can get here. I have never gotten a reply from her on anything I have contacted her office on.

See lives in never, never land and knows nothing about the average citizen.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Charles, this is the first time ever I have had a response from her. But she spells out many of the faults of the UN and then tries to justify staying in it. She does not represent me or my state.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Jesse Helms at least had great constituent service. Even if you did not agree with his positions, his staff responded and helped everyone that called or wrote.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Receiving your ideas and concerns is so important in order for me to represent you, and our state, to the best of my ability in the United States Senate.
    HAHAHAHAHA that line is such rubbish. They could care less what you really think. She's going to represent you by putting the knife in your backside. Elizabeth Dole is nothing more than a shameful globalists that lied her way into fooling the people into electing her into power. She's another fake conservative, fake republican/democrat in sheeps clothing. Better vote her out in 2008 before she does more damage.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

DEFINITELY a form letter. I got the same one!!! And, I've noticed the same thing about how SLOW any mail is from Congress. Maybe that's why I got those three in one day from Dole that all said the eXACT SAME THING!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    DEFINITELY a form letter. I got the same one!!! And, I've noticed the same thing about how SLOW any mail is from Congress. Maybe that's why I got those three in one day from Dole that all said the eXACT SAME THING!!

Bootsie that is why I posted it. I figured that it was a form letter. I just needed proof. Either way, she supports the UN and CAFTA and that is enough for me to support someone else running against her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    I get the same thing from my Senators. I don't even read them anymore, I just toss them in the trash because I know they say the same thing, over and over again.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

jp_48504--

She Absolutely supports ANYTHING Bush tells her to support. No matter what it is. She hasn't had an original thought since she got elected. As far as I'm concerned, she needs to GO.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Also, jp_48504:

Notice, if you go to her Senate website, she has a list of topic that you HAVE to choose from before you send your comments. AND, immigration isn't even on the list!!! I always choose "National Defense"! So, my guess is that she has a separate letter for each of those topics and that's it!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast