Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I just have to Vent...!!!!!!!!

My mother in law is 86 yrs old, she lives in an apartment at $650 per month, she also pays $89 per month for Medicare..this is deducted from her Social Security..which leaves her about $900 per month..she has never asked for any help or assistant..but when she was hospitalized just reciently she was told she should apply for Medicaid...so as to help with the 20% that Medicare does not pick up on the hospital bill...(which could be a lot)..anyway she was told she recieves to much from SSI...and that they do not consider how much she pays out..I just can't believe the Illegals can come here and get EVERYTHING...and she..a legal american citizen can't........................it drives me crazy.............thanks just need to get that off my chest

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    It is highly frustrating to see our own, former hardworking elderly, being given the shaft.

While our government talks of giving SSI to illegals who have worked here illegally, and with stolen ID. It is beyond reprehensible to us as Americans.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Go ahead and vent.
    After my dad died my mom lived off of very little in the way of SSI, she told me on time she was at the store and some woman in front of her was buying all this expenceive food, when the cashier totaled it up the woman handed her a welfare food stamp thing but it was not enough so the woman took a large roll of money and just handed it to the cashier, this woman could not speak english nor was she even able to count money but she sure had a lot of it.
    Now if you can tell me how people can come to this country and get all this for free while my mom, a widowed wife of a WWII vet, has to do with so little I would really like to know.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

sendthemback,

The illegal aliens are taxing our social benefit resources. There was a day, before the massive illegal immigration problem that there were adequate funds for your mother and she would have been taken care of.
    So many of them are here and allegedly living below poverty level that they consume all the benefits and the eligibility for benefits standard is set to high for most needy Americans.

There has always been a gap between available social services and those that don't need help. Also, sometimes life circumstances puts you in a desperate situation. Charities have always been able to fill the needs of those that fall thru the cracks. However, illegal immigration has broadened that gap. Illegal aliens are consuming a large portion of the social benefits and the charities can not keep up so those Americans that previously would have received help have to suffer because of the illegal aliens. Those same souls, like your mother that have contributed their whole lives only to be pushed out in the cold by the illegals.

Don't believe me, go to the welfare office and see for yourself who is getting the foodstamps.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Mountaindog, I have seen this. They will be in line with several small children, and using WIC, as well the woman will pull out an EBT card, then the man steps forward and pulls out a huge wad of cash for other items.

The only inkling I have they are illegal would be the language issue, and a lot of common sense, common sense prevails with me.

It is fairly common knowledge there are many people that are cheating the system, lying about their incomes (how can the state's verify it when it might very well be under the table?), and about their living situations.

All I know is, it is hard, but I live honestly and will not live in that way, so we struggle, but we have the honor knowing we are not taking away food from someone, more needy than ourselves, mouths.

But see, that is what seperates the lot of us from those who think nothing of lying and cheating their way into our country, then lying and cheating themselves into jobs and social services for which they are not entitled to. We have morals and are honest, the others...do not, nor ever will.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    Go ahead and vent.
    After my dad died my mom lived off of very little in the way of SSI, she told me on time she was at the store and some woman in front of her was buying all this expenceive food, when the cashier totaled it up the woman handed her a welfare food stamp thing but it was not enough so the woman took a large roll of money and just handed it to the cashier, this woman could not speak english nor was she even able to count money but she sure had a lot of it.
    Now if you can tell me how people can come to this country and get all this for free while my mom, a widowed wife of a WWII vet, has to do with so little I would really like to know.
    Yes, I see your outrage..this situation with my mother in law kind of put me over the edge ...I have been very voicefull on this issue for a while now..especially while living in Las Vegas and seeing what I did there.with the illegals.As a matter of fact..when I heard just receintly about them getting SS..a while ago..I became even more verbal..reason??? I'm a baby boomer..and I truly don't think I will see any SS...and I too have worked a long time...with all the withholding from my checks..and now..well, I probably will not see this..either..OMG..I'm soooo sorry to be complaining like this..but..I just can't believe our politicians are selling us out like this..I just can't believe this is happening to the citizens of our country..

Yes do vent! I feel like doing it every day. Unforunately I bet stories like yours are more common than not! Everyday, I just wonder, what else is it going to take before our government steps up and shuts down the border? But everyday it just seems to get worse and worse. Honestly, I am so frustrated that last Sunday in the grocery store, I almost walked up to a woman (who was pregnant with two other little ones, speaking spanish, standing at the Western Union desk presumably to send money home) and asked her if she was legal. Yes I know I was profiling, but I am so sick of this! Not only do I think we should close the border, but I think every time one of them shows up at a hospital or social services office, and they can't prove citizenship, send them home! Particularly if they are pregnant.

Do I sound completely inhumane?
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by anniealone
    Not really, just utterly exasperated.

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Quote Originally Posted by anniealone
    Not really, just utterly exasperated.
    That too. Now it seems I am the one venting Some days I feel like I just need to walk away. The problem is so severe, and in my mind the solution so easy. Honestly, I think something really really bad has to happen before anyone will wake up.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

AmericanElizabeth,
    I have made the same decision,
    I refuse to go on SS because there are many more american families that can use the money more than me.
    I will work until I drop dead!
    ------------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast