Like Tree3Likes

Thread: i SEEM TO HAVE LOST MY ETHNIC ORIGIN.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

i SEEM TO HAVE LOST MY ETHNIC ORIGIN.

I had a strange experience that only yesterday has made me more angry that I was when it happened. I went to a street fair and their were all sorts of vendors. My friend was hungry and was looking for somewhere she could find some food. She said she found a vendor that was selling Greek food and since I am Greek I was curious to see what they had for sale. I half expected to see my sister because the Greek Orthodox church she belongs to would often have a vendor with volunteers selling the food. When I got there I could not recognize one single food that appeared Greek to me. Funny when I think of the expression it is all Greek to me here is a situation where none of it was Greek to me. Instead of Greek food it seemed to be a combination of Chinese and Mexican food mixed together. All the people selling the food were Mexicans. I asked them for a certain food that would or should be sold at any place that would be selling Greek food but they did not even know what I was talking about. I said something to them in rude in Greek and left. I would like to know why they were selling something that appeared to be more Mexican than Greek. I felt robbed of my ethnicity which makes me extremely angry. I had no one to express my anger to. I tried to talk to my friend about it but she did not understand. She never will allow me to speak of anything we disagree about and realized there was nobody I could talk to. Even a cookbook that was supposed to be recipes that were all Greek that represented my Greek ethnicity had Mexican recipes. Why would a cookbook that represented Greek culture have Mexican recipes in it. I could not, would not understand that. When people speak of the melting pot it has come true, instead of a variety of culture we are all becoming Mexicans, at least it would appear sol. I remember watching Oparah a long time ago when she said she did not like the expression melting pot because it did not represent what America stood for. She preferred what she called the Salad Bowel because represented all the different cultures in America that maintained their own unique flavors. Greek food would be Greek food and not Mexican or any other ethnicity. When we refer to America as the meting pot it is like we took all ethnic flavors and put them in a blender and what comes out is not what America stands for. It appears this melting pot has come out with refried beans or tacos or anything but individual cultures that this country should represent. It seems that this country is being invaded by the Spaniards once again and this time we are loosing.

It seems that this country is being invaded by the Spaniards once again and this time we are loosing.
    So true and irony is that these reconquistas run around harping about their "race" and they really aren't one, they are, for the most part, European descendants.

Sounds like you need a new friend. Real friends listen to each other - not shut you down.

This is part of the progressive dumbing down/mindthink of America - they tout "diversity" but the reality is we are losing our individuality. They are putting us all in a social blender. Know what happens when a bunch of colors are all mixed up? You get brown or gray and then we all look the same.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"She preferred what she called the Salad Bowel because represented all the different cultures in America that maintained their own unique flavors."

Sounds about right...
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!