Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJones
    thereez wrote:
    I don't consider myself as an US citizens, I'm a world citizen.
    I do not believe that ANY American would make a statement like this. Naturalized? Did you 'pledge allegiance to the flag'?
    What is an American ?
    That you have a Green Card ?
    That you carry an American passport ?

Let me tell you that if I travel to Asia and my passport gets lost or stolen, that it wil take me days before I can travel again on a kinda emergency passport. That I must go to the US consulate to get a new one ? Why ? Is it not better that when all citizens in this world can travel freely, so that we don't have to worry anymore aobut our documents being lost or stolen ?
    If Bush is willing to reward illegals to get legal status, why can't I hire them ?

Quote Originally Posted by bornbredhere
    Yes, but what is a livable wage ??
    To buy 3 computers, 3 wide screen tv's, 2 cars ??
    It all depends on personal spending about what one considers livable.
    That is so incorrect. You are making assuming statements here. The cost of living is steadily increasing in this country, but living wages are not keeping up with COLA. For example, most decent housing in my area average 900 to 2500 monthly (rent or mortgage). Average families can barely make those demands with decent wages. Illegals are able to pay this sort of rent by living 20 to a house and supplemental tax-funded income from anchor-babies.

It's not even about having extra material things.
    By the way, you should see the way some illegals around here live, dress, and drive. They aren't starving by any means.

I don't consider myself as an US citizens, I'm a world citizen.[/quote]

Then maybe you need to give up your rights and priveledges as a US citizen, like voting, having a driver's license, attending a public school, the ability to run for public office, etc.[/quote]

900 - 2500 rent or mortage is indeed a lot of money. I'm just wondering where in the US that might be. And what do you mean by a decent house ?? I believe that all people in this world should have the same rights, so there's no need for me to give up my rights.
    If Bush is willing to reward illegals to get legal status, why can't I hire them ?

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    I'm talking about criminals, not about some minor thing like stealing an apple form your neighbor's tree or sneaking across the borders. I talk about criminals that could be sent to jail when caught or convicted.
    Thereez, so do you consider sneaking into the country illegaly as pety a crime as stealing the neighbor's apples? That's quite a gross comparison.

[quote:2m4airxa]It's our responsibility because we all share this planet and should look after each other. The responsibilty of the illegal immigrant is to try to fix his own country first and when he fails, he can come to rich nations to get some education how to fix things
    The illegals haven't tried to fix their own countries. That's the problem.
    Illegals also do not come here to be educated, they come here to exploit the benefits at the expense of the American taxpayer. Its a proven fact that over 60% of illegals drop out of high school.

Of course you don't like Ann Coulter, she hates liberals.[/quote:2m4airxa]

Yes I do consider sneaking across the border as a pety crime.
    US citizens can currently enter the US from Canada and Mexico by just showing driver's licenses, but our government wants to change that and that we must carry a passport to travel within NAFTA, that's so ridiculous !
    I know that some ilelgal aliens carry a TN driver's license and claim to be US citiznes when they cross the border, and now we must all have a pasport asa nafta citizens to travel within nafta. It's all the fault of activists like you ! Good that Ann hates liberals as I hate conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    Quote Originally Posted by thereez
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick-Henry
    ...I respect your opinion..the only flaw I see, is that Americans ARE willing to do difficult, dangerous jobs..but they insist on being paid a fair wage, and when illegal immigrants come into a job market..they have no power to bargain for fair wages (and benefits) so they do these jobs for slave wages...my point is we don't need a slave caste in our country to do the grunt work..we need employers who are compelled (or forced) to honor employment laws and will pay folks an honorable wage...anyways, welcome.
    Yes, I know that there're also many Americans wiling to do dangerous or dirty work for an honest wage, but I like at the bigger picture and I look at the globalizing world. We can't have Americans demanding higher wages which will bring our companies down and so unable to compete with China. We should accept lower and competing wages, otherwise we may lose our status as the most powerful country in the world to China.
    America will not be a powerful country if we make 3rd world wages! You cannot do that and maintain a powerful army and all the social programs we have.

Maybe if they would lower the prices on items, like cars.....my first new car in the 70's was $5000! Hey, and what about the cost of buying a house?

America cannot just survive on cheap labor, we need our manufacturing and industries to come back here.....

Also I believe America should not be called on by foreign countries to bail them out of something, either financially or do their fighting for them...it's time foreign leaders stand up and fix their own problems.

You need to go to www.americaneconomicalert.com and read up on what this cheap labor is doing to Americans and read about China.
    Of course you can be powerful with 3rd world wages, just as long as the gross national products stays high. The only way we can do that, while the wages are low, is to increase the number of foreign workers here.
    I payed 5000 for my car, but it's a used car. I don't buy new cars. Of course we need industries and manufaturies here, and that's why we must attract foreign companies to come to the US and they wil come if they only have to pay low wages - > more companies - > more working people - > higher national product. Economy is easy to understand. And I'll take a look at the site you just gave.

No, I want to move to Ireland, but it's hard to get a worker's permit.[/quote]

ROTFL!!
    Why don't you try and sneak in.... illegally??[/quote]

because if they catch me and I wil get deported and I'll probably never be able to travel agian to Ireland as they mat ban me forl ife if I sneak in and go working without any permit.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    I was just recently in China and believe me, we don't want to run this country the way they run that one. That's the problem with "free trade." It isn't free. It isn't even cheap. If we can't afford to make a product here for what some tyrannical dictatorship is making it for, should you buy the product from the dictator? I suggest that doing so not only empowers the dictator but also punishes responsible manufacturers in free countries. It's like not being able to afford a new DVD player at the local Best Buy and instead buying a hot one from the local fence. It seems like good business sense until his "supplier" gets his next inventory from your house.
    I got your point, but it's just human nature that we want to buy good things for less money. Even if we buy it from dictators. Don't we buy oil from Middle Eastern countries like SA ?

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Okay, I've been busy at work and haven't had much time to post today, but I did get a chance to read this thread. It took a little Pepto Bismol to settle my stomach, but otherwise I think I'll get over this.

1 ) Mexico gets less money and therefor it's people will become extremely poor

2 ) The 20 milion illegal aliens that are currently in the US, will have a huge burden on the Mexican economy when they are sent back.
    Uhm...excuse me, but the 10 million illegal aliens that are currently in the U.S. are placing a huge burden on the AMERICAN ECONOMY. These people are Mexico's problem, not the United States'.

[quote:9rvm0l02]My ideas sound kinda crazy,
    Ya think???[/quote:9rvm0l02]

but the burden on the mexican economy will be 24 times higher than the burden on the american economy when those illegals are deported. we have 3 times mex pop and we make an average about 8 times more, so 8 x 3 = 24

Quote Originally Posted by krazynbama
    Quote Originally Posted by thereez
    Perhaps many people entered the country ilegally when they heard that the US goeventment was about to give amnesty. So that there were actually 1 million illegal aliens, but 2 million were added when they heard rumours that we would grant amnesty. I just stick to 10 million as I hardly see them in TN. +I'm in Ca now and have seen a few of them hagning around home depot, but they may even be legal.
    That's ridiculous to me. No way 2 million could enter that fast.
    I don't know how long it was generally known that Reagan would grant amnesty till the time it was granted. If it was a year, you bet that 2 million could have been added. But the number of peopel that received amnesty was 1,5 million and not 3 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    John B, your cat is a hoot!

The world citizen, thereez is naive about 3rd world cesspools. I’ll buy you a ticket.

Crocket, where should we send thereez? Africa, Asia, Middle East, India, Haiti… thereez, do you want to be Communist, just hungry or fly infested? I hear Cuba is nice this time of year. How about Lebanon, I hear there is a great fire fight going on at night. Really, I don’t want to make it too easy for thereez to come back to the US so let’s at least get them off this continent. Because when thereez gets back to the US, they will have lost their crazy globalist ideas.

By the way, we are not ez like you thought there-ez.

Also, you better know a little bit about the Protestant and Catholic conflicts in Ireland before you end up in the wrong village with the wrong religion.

Dixie
    I like the cat trying to catch a fish picture.
    I don't see what's wrong with Cuba. Many Europeans go there and they told me it's awesome, so I was curious and went down there. Just take a flight form Canada and ask the Cuban INS official NOT to stamp the passport and he won't do it. India is a nice country, have you been there ? Probably not, so don't judge about that country. Asia, yes I did like Japan and Hongkong. Africa - Egypt is beautiful.

And when I talk about Ireland, I mean Itreland and not Northern Ireland, which is part of the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    To me the bottom line is that you're living in a dream world, Thereez and to be quite honest, judging from what I've read in your posts, you are very unknowledgeable about the importance of upholding our laws, and ensuring that Americans are able to earn a livable wage to support themselves and their families in order to remain outside of the poverty level. Obviously, to you, this is not of any importance.

You need to educate yourself, and ALIPAC would be a good place for you to start. We're not playing games, we all work very hard. We understand the seriousness of the situation and we know that the ramifications of how it is dealt with are of critical importance.

Feel free to utilize all of the information here at ALIPAC which all of these great Americans have worked hard to provide to you and to other citizens as well.
    I'm not a supporter of breaking the laws, but I just disagree with some laws that are currently in place. I'm not only referring to immigration laws, but also about the gun laws, traffic laws etc.

And I understand that their're about 40 million Americans living below poverty line, but they stil don't die due to lack of nutrition. I was in philly attending liveaid concert and they told that a child dies every 3 seconds because of poverty. That makes me sad. And when I look around me in america, I see peopel getting fatter and fatter, while other's die due to lack of food. That is NOT FAIR ! I know that many americnas work hard, I work hard too, I make a decent living which ables me to travel a lot

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast