Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I turned in someone for being an illegal to no avail

Awhile ago, my car was hit by an illegal. We were at a stop light. She was in front of me and started backing up and smashed into my car with her back bumper. She spoke no English and when I went to file a claim with the insurance company, they said she was delinquent.

Anyway, I called at the time I think it was an office of homeland security (but I'm not sure if that's the right office since it's been about a year since I called) on her and gave her name and address. Then I mentioned the local Home Depot and that there were illegals there day in and day out. They said I needed names and addresses of people I suspected to be illegals and even then it wasn't likely that it would even be looked into. I asked if something would be done about the illegal who messed up my car and was told they have no idea if something would be done or not since there are so many illegals that they couldn't possibly get them all.

Is it true that even if you turn in someone you know to be illegal there's not a very good chance that anything would really be done about it? What do these people do all day? i thought it was odd I couldn't call immigration services outright and that some office from homeland security or whatever they were ran it now. They are way too big to solve any problems. All they do is generate fear while taking away tax dollars. It's like me when I get my tax refund. I have no idea what to do with the extra money so while I sit deciding what to do with it I've watched most of it dwindle away on nothing.

arizona--it is just the same story that we hear over and over. I can't think of one person on this site who hasn't TRIED to contact DHS or ICE at some point with absolutely NO LUCK. So, this is yet another one of Bush's fiascos. They are not going to do anything except TALK. And, talk is CHEAP. Might as well get ready for another onslaught Monday when Bush and Chertoff and Gonzalez are going to give us another bunch of bunk.

I don't see how they could possibly expect YOU to get addresses of these people who don't even speak English. All ICE would have to do is SHOW UP at some of these Home Depots that make it so easy for them to have a place to congregate. They could arrest a LOAD of them in one fell swoop. They are NOT serious about this so it's a losing battle.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Bootsie,
    here is the limk where we were talking about htis same problem the other day.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-59756-.html#59756

Wounder if it would do any good if we all emailed Sue Myrick's office about the problem everyone is having with ICE/Immigrations ?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks, COI! You're not in her district, are you??? We need some of her contituents to start hounding her since she SEEMS to want to change course and actually DO something about the problem now. Let's see if she's serious enough to address the ICE problem. We've sure heard enough tales about the problems EVERYONE seems to have contacting them.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Iam new so I dont know who sue M, is, but I do know about grassroots activism.
    If you started a specific thread with her name/ job title and email and street addy and phone number - with a sample letter of what needs to be done - by her and her office- and kept it bumped- it might result in more direct pressure. Ps I would be willing to write the sample email and letter if you tell me what the main points are. I have seen this work before ---Rebecca
    ps arizonia- I dinged an illegal gardeners truck about two year ago. the traffic cop showed up and didnt even think it was serious enough to give me a ticket- it was a little ding-
    I was so naive, I admitted fault.
    well that resulted in a claim of over a thousand dollars - paid off every month by me- to state farm insurance-

And I thought it was only on the border that this was the case. I had no idea that nobody anywhere was doing anything!

It is so discouraging to know that the problem is so far out of hand that nobody knows where to start to fix it. And yet they won't listen to any suggestions, either.

Has anyone heard of a program called Six Sigma that is popular with businesses lately as a problem solving tool? It is a system whereby the problem is identified, then broken down into manageable problems and fixed, systematically, one at a time.

In my opinion, the first thing we need to do is cut off every single dollar of assistance to anyone who cannot prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are United States citizens.

Then we need to build a fence and man the border with soldiers to protect it.

Next we need to do the same to the Canadian border. At the same time, we need to take the agents who aren't accomplishing anything anyway and put them to work inspecting ships to make sure there aren't any stowaways there.

Of course, while all these things are being done, any illegal whose caught should be deported at once.

Once the borders and ports are secure, we need to start hunting down illegals and getting them out of here one way or another. It won't do any good to throw one out if ten more are coming in and there is nothing to stop that same illegal for returning time and time again.

We need a system in this country whereby people who come here legally as visitors, students or whatever are kept track of and someone makes sure they either go or are already gone when their visas expire.

How hard can this be? Why can't they take it and break it down into steps, work as a team to accomplish a common goal, and just get it done????
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JJ--your plan is excellent. BUT, when you can't even get ICE to respond, where are we to START??? The motivation just isn't there. The LEADERSHIP is sorely absent. Our leaders must have the WILL to correct this burgeoning problem and they just don't have it because it isn't politically correct OR they are so afraid that they are going to lose votes. There is just something terribly wrong with our political system when VOTES are more important than doing what is RIGHT for our country. All of your suggestions COULD be implemented IF there was only a DESIRE to do it.

in my reports

One time when I called these fools to report, a woman answered and asked my name I told her that this was an anonyomous tip line, and her knowing my name wasn't required.
    I was very business like and began to start in with the names, circumstances, places illegals could be found, their employers. She interrupted
    me and said that there was no reason to be rude on the phone. I asked what she was talking about. I then asked if this was the DHS tip line, she said yes, and I asked what the hell the problem was, take the information, it is what we pay you for. I asked her name, or the name of her supervisor, she hung up without replying. I immediately called back and asked for a supervisor and explained what had happened. I explained that I don't have all day, and when I report it is much like ordering a pizza, with the address being where the ilegals and their employers are at.

Meanwhile I gathered that DHS would like to know as much or more about the reporters, than the illegals and their employers. It's a joke, get over it people, and do the end run. That would be what I regualrly recommend. General Strike, nothing less will move this inert mass of dung. cheers glenn

As I mentioned before here, the Mexican consul here in Denver had a Mexican Independence day party in September. Present at this party was Mayor John Hickenlooper who has ILLEGALS working in his restaurants (including the one who killed a cop!) and Patricia Barela Rivera, regional head of the Small Business Administration, and one MARIO ORTIZ, local head of the INS (ICE) for CITIZENSHIP services. My point? It is all a plot! Why would the local head of the ICE show up at a Mexican Independence day party? The local head of the SBA who gives out your tax dollars to (ILLEGALS?) people to start a business?

This is what DIVERSITY is all about folks! A few minorities with a victim mentality trying to cash in! $$$$$$ I thought diversity was about brining people of color together? Since when does this include ILLEGALS who speak a language the majority does not speak? The illegal community is building a community within the community! Blame all off this on the DEMOCRATIC party plain and simple!

I am sorry but I don't buy this INC ICE line that they are undermanned and underfunded. Why isn't Mario Ortiz on the Mexican border instead of at a party with the Mexican consul?

It is all a plot.....send in as many illegals as you can and get them citizenship or residency so they can get their millions of family here....legally!

Some of the Border Patrol agents are doing their best but what does I say above tell you?

There is a saying in Spanish that goes like this......"tell me who you run around with and I will tell you who you are..." Mario Ortiz is more MEXICAN than American....? That SBA leader too...? The mayor...?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast