Thread: I want out.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I want out.

I need direction. As soon as I married an immigrant, and he received his green card and was able to get a job, everything changed. Before, it was totally different and my family and friends liked him. All of a sudden, I'm boring and "we don't seem to be working toward the same goals", according to him. He's never home and doesn't want to go anywhere with me. Now that he has what he wants, can I get out of the marriage without getting into trouble? I've done nothing wrong, and I'm tired of being disrespected by him and his friends (who are from his country). I feel like a fool and believe I have been one. Now, I just want out of this situation so I can pick up the pieces and move on. Thank you .

Evon,

How long have you been married? You might be able to get the marriage annuled.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would say that once you are separated from him, be it divorce or anulment, report him to the ICE officers letting them know that he is no longer able to stay here on account that he is no longer married to a citizen.

Good luck in the future
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If the marriage has not lasted too long you can divorce and by law he should have to return to whever he came from but don't count on it happening! If he has any money you are entitled to half...

ICE has all kinds of rules but worthless organization that it is I would not bet he ever returns or any females either.......

Immigration? The great American ripoff!

evonja, divorce laws vary from state to state. You should really consult with a lawyer. Once you are seperated/divorced you should inform the immigration authorities of the change of his status.

I've been married for a little more than a year. He came over a few months after we got married. My mom said one of her co-workers knew a real good lawyer, and she'll put me in touch with him. I'm trying not to think bad and mean thoughts, but I'm not the one who did anything wrong. Therefore, whatever happens, just happens.

Evonja,

Call the local District Attorney's office at the nearest court house. Most states have a lot of programs set up to advise and assist women in abusive relationships. Using you to get a green card sounds like abuse to me. There should be some professionals that can help.

W