Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Identifying Day Labor sites in Raleigh, NC

I live/work in Raleigh... Does anyone know where the hotspots for Day Laborers are in this area?

I am sure there are a few.....

The first step in finding out who the employers of illegal aliens are, is to identify/locate where they pick them up.
    The number of my posts shouldn't determine or reflect my interest on the board. I don't post just to increase my ranking.

mod edit

Sorry, someone had suggested that groceries be donated to day labor centers. I just had impulsively had my own interpretation. Every litter bit hurts.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Richard We dont condone any acts that would be unlawful. Please read our posting rules again. Thanks.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

US4US,
    Welcome to ALIPAC!

Great Post and Question. I am sure there are some folks closer to your area on this board that can help you.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

US4US

That is a good question. I've only lived in Raleigh for two years and I don't know the answer to that question myself.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

US4US,

I don't live/work in Raleigh but do travel there once a week or every two weeks. I'll keep my eyes open and if I see anything that looks like a day labor site, I'll let you know.

There's been many times where I've seen Hispanics at construction sites and doing landscape or cleanup work. There's usually at least one company truck nearby. I'm going to start writing down the name of the company. Sometimes this isn't possible since usually when I spot these I'm driving by.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Here's a couple of suggestions.

I used to travel to work in downtown Raleigh from the Garner area on S. Wilmington St. On the left side of the street, just before the water plant, is one of those "cash your check here" places. I'd see people there fairly often but not sure if they were illegals.

Another place to look is around the intersection of Tryon Rd. and 401/70. There is an old shopping center behind the Wendy's and the BP gas station. Directly behind that is an old airfield. Last year I checked it out just out of curiosity of the old airfield and it was hobo city. All the people I saw were Hispanic. You could check to see where these people move to in the mornings.

Another idea would be to do a reverse search. Pick a construction site and see where people are going when they leave. This would be really time consuming though. I'd probably look for a high profile site, a new school, government building, Convention Center??, etc. Pick a vehicle leaving that is full of illegal suspects and see where it goes. If they get dropped of at a street corner somewhere then you have something to pursue.

Day Labor Sites in Raleigh, nc

I think I found that area.. I went to Google maps and Mapquest.. I had to enter in this address to find it:

500 Chapanoke Rd. Raleigh, NC

Please let me and everyone else know if that is correct or not..
    The number of my posts shouldn't determine or reflect my interest on the board. I don't post just to increase my ranking.

another area

Another area is a little north of there off of South Wilmington St. There is some sort of homeless shelter (next to the City of Raleigh "Keeter Training Center" Fire Dept.) and behind that, there is a pretty decent patch of woods. With a well formed City of Raleigh Greenway trail system. Name of the trail: Walnut Creek Trail (West Section)
    http://www.trianglegreenways.org/new_page_3.htm

use Google maps/mapquest and type in:
    1436 South Wilmington St. Raleigh, NC 27603
    (for the closest address for the Shelter)

use Google maps/mapquest and type in:
    1486 South Wilmington St.. Raleigh, NC 27603.
    (for the closest address for the entrance of the Greenway trail that the homeless illegals hangout and watch the cars go by)

Possible pickup points for day laborers.

[url]