Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Are they so ignorant they don't realize it was their last march in our streets that woke a lot of us up? I say go for it amigo, soon you will be marching back to your country.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

That is what I say to myself everday when I see them in the stores and on the streets.... I tell myself your days are numbered in this country and I will see to it.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Maybe they think "third time's a charm?" Because the last two times (the one waving Mexican flags and then the one waving American flags) didn't work?

Or would this be the 4th time (if you count the crap they pulled in L.A.)?

Quote Originally Posted by wilbrook
    All the better for us if they do march. My wife and I were talking about it just tonight actually. I was just telling her, "man, I wish those guys would march again. It would really ignite the American public when it needs it the most on this issue." I mean really, since the house is now doing the extra hearings and if they pull off a REALLY REALLY huge march, I think we'd have this thing in the bag. They do SOOOO much for our cause. If anything I think we should encourage them a little.

-Bill Brooks
    Welcome wilbrook -- I do believe you're right. I know of many, many, many, people who became so infuriated they started writing everybody they could think of. I do think another "march" will get the fencesitters off their duffs!! I truly hope so!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Actually Crazybird, this "wave of terror", has to be true nationwide as we live in the path of Portland International Airports air traffic, as well this is where Oregon's Air National Guard has all of their jets and helicopters and some Coast Guard helos too.

Whenever one of the Air National Guards or Coast Guards helos go over, people here scatter. I have to admit, it has become a bizarre pasttime for us to listen for them, then watch the action!!!

I know, it sounds all too gleeful, I just cannot help myself. As we watch them all run inside, we sit and giggle till we are sick.

I guess that's what happens when you have done wrong and then have a guilty conciense!!!!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Please take pictures of them so the US can see all the commies with Mexican flags using sign language. Please don't leave the anchor babies at home either. Put flags on your car, drive by and tell them they are headed the wrong way and give them directions to the border.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DIXIE
    Me thinks that there won't be Mex flags flying this time....they've been primed & instructed. Probably won't be grabbing too many crotches either.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

rally today

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/cust ... omo440-fea

Sounds like it was a bust?! Hopefully this link works -otherwise go to the Chicago Tribune. If I'm reading this correctly only 150 or so showed up. This renews my spirit and fight!! Go to the link to see pictures. One guy sewed the American and Mexican flag together? (took a triangle half of each).

Note: Can someone bump up the post that gave ideas on what we can do, not sure where it is. I've been marking my bills; ninguna amnista para ilegal. I haven't been caught yet, just play dumb otherwise.

Activists for illegal immigrants rally, march

By Oscar Avila, Antonio Olivo and Ofelia Casillas
    Tribune staff reporters

July 19, 2006, 11:32 AM CDT

10:40 p.m.: Comments from demonstrators:

Nora Carcanaquez, 41, a legal immigrant and a school office worker, came with her two daughters to this, the third march for immigrant rights, explaining, "If we are not firm, the other two times were not worth it."

Said daughter Iliana, 13: "I want to support them (illegal immigrants). I don't think it's fair trying to send everyone back."

And from daughter Vanessa, 16: "We are trying to get a point across that we are not going to budge. We are going to keep going no matter what they do."

Rigoberto Anaya, 35, a landscaper and another legal immigrant who has been in Chicago 23 years, said he had decided to participate in the march "because I am supporting our brothers who are undocumented."

"It's necessary because we have to pressure our government. Without pressure there's nothing. We've seen that they are listening in Washington."

"This march is going to be smaller out of fear (of reprisals). It makes me sad because if we don't unite, we are nothing."

Jose Pilar, 48, a temporary laborer who is not legal, has been in Chicago for 11 years. "It (the demonstration) is big (meaningful) even if the group is smaller," he said. "Each one of us represent others at work or at home.

"For me, it's so they can see that we are not stepping back."

10:30 a.m. By 10 a.m., the crowd at Union Park had doubled to about 300. Many held signs in English and Spanish that read "No to Deportation, Yes to Legalization" and "We Are Not Terrorists."

Miguel Orosio, 28, held a homemade sign that, sewn together, was half Mexican and half American. "I have a lot of pride in my country (Mexico), but this one (the United States) has also helped me support my family in Mexico," said Orosio, who works in an auto parts store in Maywood.

"The thing that politicians have to understand is we all have dreams to succeed. We don't come to rob or kill."

10 a.m.: As advocates of immigration reform gathered at Union Park, about a half-dozen anti-immigration activists who want the U.S. government to take stronger action against illegal immigrants gathered outside a Lakeview cemetery.

The news conference, organized by the Illinois Minuteman project, was called to honor four Illinois residents who were killed by illegal immigrants, group director Rosanna Pulido said.

"We remember them today. We know that they have been separated from their families together," Pulido said, echoing a rhetorical theme used by immigrant advocates.

Pulido asserted the demands of today's march would put more Illinois residents at risk. She called on local police departments to work more closely with U.S. immigration and Customs enforcement to deport illegal immigrants.

Sandra Gunn, a field associate for the Washington, D.C.-based Federation for American Immigration reform, said the marches actually have caused House leaders to delay a compromise that could include legalization of some immigrants. Gunn said many House members heard from constituents angered by the earlier marches they saw on television.

She termed today's call for a suspension of deportations even more outrageous. "Since when do criminals get to decide which laws will be enforced?" she asked.

Pulido said no formal counter-protests are planned for today's march.

9:30 a.m.: By 9 a.m., the appointed time to start gathering at Union Park, it was becoming apparent that the turnout would be dramatically less than the previous two marches.

Where tens of thousands of demonstrators filled the park in March and May, only about 150 stood quietly there Wednesday morning. Most of them clustered around a podium set up by the "El Pistolero" radio show, which in the past has rallied demonstrators.
    As "El Pistolero" Rafael Pulido urged his listeners in Spanish to show up to show the world that "we are not cowards," assuring them that "la migra" (immigration officials) were not present, marcher Steve Montano stood nearby with a large American flag.

"Most people are tired because nothing works," said Montano, 28, who attended all three marches. "They're saying: Why should we go? I understand. The last march a lot of people showed and got fired."

But, he added, "It doesn't matter how many we are. The message is the same: Stop the (immigration) raids."

Aratina Martinez, who was among several vendors in the park hawking flags, tamales and bottles of water, was more visibly disappointed by the low early turnout.

"The people didn't come this time," she said, complaining of meager sales. "It's not like the last time."

March seeks to repeat earlier success

A loose collection of labor unions, immigrant clubs, church members and other activists are taking to taking to the streets of Chicago for the third time in four months to push the U.S. government for more lenient treatment of illegal immigrants.

The first two marches, in March and May, brought hundreds of thousands of protesters to the Loop. The latest march calls on the U.S. government to suspend the deportation of illegal immigrants until Congress passes an immigration bill. Activists want a plan that legalizes all of the nation's 11 to 12 million illegal immigrants.

Marchers were scheduled to gather at 9 a.m. for a rally at Union Park, 1501 W. Randolph St., then at noon march east to Grant Park. There, members of Congress, Mexican-American leaders and Dolores Huerta, co-founder of United Farm Workers, were scheduled to speak.

The rally was being promoted by a core group of Latino activists, such as Centro Sin Fronteras and the Puerto Rican Cultural Center, a contrast from the broad coalition that organized a May 1 rally that drew hundreds of thousands to Grant Park. That rally saw busloads of Korean, Irish and Polish immigrants converge but most of those groups were not directly involved in today's march.

Still, organizers and police are preparing for a turnout comparable to the first two marches. Chicago Police First Deputy Supt. Dana Starks predicted traffic disruptions throughout the afternoon. The Chicago Transit Authority is dispatching additional buses, trains and staff to accommodate the crowds. CTA officials say up to 44 bus routes could be affected.

Authorities had asked organizers to postpone the march because of the heat but were rebuffed. Chicago Fire officials planned to set up eight medical stations throughout the route on a day where high temperatures were expected to reach the upper 80s.

Organizers say today's rally comes at a critical time. House leaders have scheduled hearings around the country to stress the need for tougher enforcement of immigration laws. The hearings have delayed attempts to reach a compromise on a bill that would toughen enforcement but also bring in temporary workers and legalize many illegal immigrants. Many analysts predict that immigration reform is unlikely to pass this year.

"This is an important event," said Becky Belcore, executive director of the Korean American Resource and Cultural Center, who planned to participate. "Everyone is doing whatever we can to support just and humane comprehensive immigration reform."

Members of the Illinois Minuteman Project were not planning any official counter-protests but had scheduled a press conference for 9 a.m. in Lakeview. The group has decried the marches and urged the U.S. government to crack down more strictly on illegal immigration. Some opponents say the marches will only increase opposition from U.S. citizens to swelling illegal immigration.
    Copyright © 2006, Chicago Tribune

Yup, let them march all they want, if they knew anything about American history they would know how mad Americans can get.
    Look what happened when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor and woke up a nation!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    "because I am supporting our brothers who are undocumented"
    So, it is ok to call each other "brother" in referance to their own race, but if we did it, well, we'd be given death threats, we all know it.

Makes me sick that they can have that mentallity, only due to race, and it is excusable, but not for us.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast