Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Alien Invasion and President Bush's Press Conference

"If" the illegal alien invasion from Mexico is such a big problem, why was this issue NOT raised by reporters at yesterday press conference?"

I watch and waited and "nada". I fall asleep sometimes, or I might have gone to the bathroom, and missed any references to illegal immigration and Mexican border security and terrorism issues.

The Denver Post (the liberal "rag" where I live) seldom covers border issues in any depth and when it does it seems overly cautious in being PC and not alienating the Latino community.

My point is that it seems that presidential press conferences may not be as open to questions they seem. The absence of the topic in question at the press conference disturbs me very much.

Re: Illegal Alien Invasion and President Bush's Press Confer

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotChicano
    "If" the illegal alien invasion from Mexico is such a big problem, why was this issue NOT raised by reporters at yesterday press conference?"

I watch and waited and "nada". I fall asleep sometimes, or I might have gone to the bathroom, and missed any references to illegal immigration and Mexican border security and terrorism issues.

The Denver Post (the liberal "rag" where I live) seldom covers border issues in any depth and when it does it seems overly cautious in being PC and not alienating the Latino community.

My point is that it seems that presidential press conferences may not be as open to questions they seem. The absence of the topic in question at the press conference disturbs me very much.
    I think it is also a result of the fact that most reporters are partisan, whether they admit it or not. Most reporters are no more interested in fixing the immigration issue than either political party is, so they do not even ask questions about it. To them, it is not an issue.

PatriotChicano--it was ABSOLUTELY BIZARRE that the hottest, biggest topic of the entire month has been Minutemen on the Borders, outrage over illegal immigration, and....not one question.

I believe it was scripted...in other words, the reporters had been told if you go there, you won't be invited back. They are "invited" to the White House Press Conferences.

Still.....you'd have thought there would have been at least one brave soul there....
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You are correct Judy it is scripted.

I hear they have to submit their questions beforehand, does anyone know if this is true.

Also if they ask an unscripted question they are ignored, just like World Net Daily's news reporter is ignored and talked over by Scott McClellan at the daily news briefings.

His questions are not even typed into the official briefing posted at the web site. I recently posted a story here called "Was this the Same Press Conference" pointing out World Net Daily's transcript and the official Press Conference transcript were not even the same.

First.. a brief look at the Denver Post. They own a lot of land in Denver. They are active in realestate.. and with the Los Angels Times, and the Chicgo Newspaper and something in Indianaplois. The Los Angeles Times is where I first discovered this little item, and it has not been documented. You have to find it.. I have no idea if you can.. and you most certainly have my permisson to view this is a rumor.

They own lousy land in Los Angeles. With the Huge influx of illegal aliens, they have managed to raise realestate prices by a large amount to say the least. And the apartments and land they own use to be in very poor repair. Not so much anymore, but if you remove the illegal aliens, you suddenly have a serious drop in prices.

Denver, and Los Angeles are noted supporters of accepting the illegal aliens.. amnesty. They don't like the gangs, they don't report on the gangs. They also don't report on facts such as.. 173,000 homicide warrents out on illegal aliens in Los Angeles. They don't report on the item that tells us 40% of the jobs in Los Angeles are under the table wages.. the other over the table wages. The tax loss is staggering. And in fact, a Mexican American came up on television and told the audience in English wages must be reported. Latinos have to carry their fair share... so everyone pay their taxes. But it wasn't Latinos they were talking to: it was the employers with ten illegal aliens who are not on the books. He also came up on the two Spanish Language Television Stations and made the same request. It apparently did not work.. Los Angeles has appealed to the Federal Government and to the State for surcrease from debts. That would make it well this side of bankrupcy.. but in trouble.
    ==========================
    The top Republican leaders have been on television and said illegal immigration is the top issue in the United States. They are insisting they don't want to talk about it.. they want to get the legeslation in place.. and then talk about it. They are talking about race wars, but since Latin Americans are European Blood with Indian Blood in there, and Americans are European Blood with Indian Blood in there... it is bogus crap.

I believe.. and not a soul has said I am right.. Bush has threatened to ban any reporter that crosses the line and talks about immigration. Not only that, the Washington Post will NOT put that issue up in its forums. Last time we got the issue up and running, there were perhaps fifty five posters, and more trying. Predominately African American posters.. they were very, very angrey.

So no, Mr. Bush doesn't speak to the issue, and I don't know why. But a clue comes with Mr. O'Reilly Show. He had a serious discussion with Mr. Bush and decided to cease talking about the problems with illegal aliens. Suddenly, at some recent point, he turned the issue on and broad sided the Presidents position of do nothing and amnesty. And apparently, he has been up on the subject ever since.

Best I can do. The Los Angeles Times was running a forum, and people joined and we discussed illegal aliens and why the L.A. Times did not cover the issue. 5,000 or so posts later, the Los Angeles Times told everyone the forum was closed. Click.. no more forums in Los Angles. Lots and lots of Mexican Americans were very, very angrey at that point. And indeed, the average wage in Los Angeles has dropped from up close to $9.00 to something less than $6.00. Bad business it would seem to me.. but the L.A. Times supported it.

I believe they want to minimize the issue while they get the last few pieces of legislation through.

1) bankruptcy law change - done - past 3 weeks
    2) water privatization law change - done - past 3 weeks
    3) minimized shareholder action law - done - past 3 weeks
    4) torte law reform reducing class actions - done - past 4 weeks
    5) "asbestos worker payments" law - MAJOR BILLIONS (?) - close
    6) social security changes - (?)
    7) CAFTA - close (?)
    tried in multiple bills in multiple fashions to get Amnesty and increased immigration numbers - (?)

All these laws take rights away from Americans, will take jobs away from Americans or will increase the national debt.....to be repaid by Americans.

A strange direction unless you know about the Globalists and then it all fits.

They are moving fast.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If the President wants us to support him on social security or any other issue, then he needs to support us on the immigration issues. He needs to be reminded that he is OUR employee.

I have contacted my senators (Boxhead and Feinswine), as well as my congresscritter (Issa), and told them how I felt. Hopefully they will listen. Probably not.
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Pat your enemies on the back until the right time comes, then take your revenge like a tiger. Never forget who conned you, hurt you or cheated you, regardless of who they are."

The press conference was a snoozer .. with a lot of grandstanding going on by El Presidente.
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

There was a press conference?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by watchman
    The press conference was a snoozer .. with a lot of grandstanding going on by El Presidente.
    You've got to know how to keep yourself entertained.

I was keeping count of how many times he stuck his tongue between his lips.

I lost track after 100.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast