Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Immigrants

Illegal Immigrants

The debate over what to do, or not do, about illegal immigrants keeps appearing before me this morning ..... on TV, the newspaper, and even in blog world. It's one of those hot-button issues for me, and therefore I can't resist chiming in with my two cents. It INFURIATES me that anyone thinks this country owes anything to illegal immigrants. Except for maybe a ride home.

Let me first say, I'm not against immigration. But there are legal ways to enter, stay and become a citizen of this country. People who follow the legal process should be supported -- people who do not should be sent home. Immediately. Don't pass go, don't collect $200. Just go home. Don't even stop at one of our jails, just go home.

Giving jobs to illegal immigrants is nothing more than off-shoring jobs for cheap labor. It takes jobs from Americans (and legal immigrants) who want and need them. It's a form of tax evasion -- which is illegal. It sucks money out of our economy and puts nothing back in. I have to pay income taxes, so why shouldn't an illegal immigrant earning an income in our country -- is it because we have no way to track their presence here ... no way to track and charge them because they have no social security number or legal identification ... because employers don't report them on their payroll?? It's bullshit.

Any candidate(s) who thinks I, as a taxpayer, am willing to pay for the healthcare of an illegal immigrant should probably shop elsewhere for a vote. (By the way, I'm an independent who changes party registration based on whichever primary I want to vote in.) I'm already paying for my healthcare and the care of people on Medicare and welfare. And I'm paying a lot. So are you. To think that any of my legally, hard-earned money or any of our government's money will go to pay for healthcare, housing, financial aid for illegal immigrants really pisses me off.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect our government to be responsible stewards of the funds with which they are entrusted. Given the pool of money isn't big enough to do everything we'd like to do, there have to be priorities. Taking care of the citizens of this country ... the tax-paying citizens .... the poor, but non-taxpaying citizens .... retired citizens ... the men and women in the military ... the 47 million LEGAL residents who don't have any insurance .... THIS should be where our priorites are set.

Where did I miss the law that said it's okay for our elected and unelected officials to support illegal activity? Isn't it another form of aiding and abetting? If I support illegal activity, I fully expect to be charged with a crime. Why is this even a debate when the law is clear? Illegal means "against the law" ... "not allowed." There are people in our country who are breaking the law, yet we're still having conversation about what to do about it. This makes me livid.

Here's a thought -- send them home. On boats, planes, trains, foot .... who cares. Send them home. Sure, they can come back .... but not until they follow the legal processes for immigration into our country. (What the hell, I can't even come back home from the Caribbean without spending $100 on a passport ... and I'm a citizen!) If you are here illegally, you are a drain on our economy, a risk to our national security, and you are certainly not entitled to any material benefits paid by our government.

Barbra Peapod Disco Bubbles Blog: http://barbrapeapoddiscobubbles.blogspo ... rants.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They are shopping elsewhere for a vote, with the very people we expect them to send home!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    They are shopping elsewhere for a vote, with the very people we expect them to send home!
    Exactly! Also, all the shops seem to be selling the same merchandise now, i.e. amnesty and open borders. It seems as if any candidate who supports enforcing the rule of law and ending this illegal invasion is dismissed as a xenaphobe or nativist.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Excellent blog article, thanks zeezil!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Excellent blog article, thanks zeezil!
    Absolutely. Thanks zeezil!

it's because OUR leaders are TRAITORS, NOT patriots!