Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

For illegal immigration opposition, turn to Hispanics

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll ... 50401/1015

Like the Irish, Italians, Germans and others who came before them, plenty of Hispanics played by the rules to get here and couldn't wait to become part of society once they arrived. And they're not eager to put up with less from anyone else.

Published by news-press.com on October 5, 2005

Note to readers: Ruben Navarrette Jr. is syndicated by the Washington Post Writers Group. His column appears in more than 175 newspapers. Navarrette is a second-generation Mexican-American and one of fewer than 10 Latino syndicated columnists in the United States. He also is one of the country's youngest syndicated columnists. A two-time Harvard graduate with a master's degree in public administration, he is an editorial writer for The San Diego Union-Tribune.

I glean from my e-mail that some people are convinced that U.S.-born Hispanics are somehow ancestrally predisposed to be soft on immigration restrictions.

They assume most Hispanic-Americans support a more porous border, weaker immigration laws, expanded benefits and privileges for illegal immigrants and as much legal immigration as possible.

Mexican-Americans, in particular, are assumed to have just one priority in this debate: to sneak in as many of their relatives as they can.

That goes double for Mexican-American columnists. Many readers are furious at me for supporting an open border, amnesty and the issuance of drivers' licenses to illegal immigrants. The trouble is, I don't support any of those things â€â€

¡Arriba con los Americanos de origenes Latinos que son ciudadanos!

I still question the extension of the 14th amendment to people who have not put themselves under the jurisdiction of the United States. The US military should get involved as their training bases have had their exercises disrupted by incursion by lost illegal aliens. The smugglers use military weapons.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Navarette, who used to wrtie for the Dallas Morning News does not get it as so many others do not either........why should the childen of illegals be US citizens? WHY? Why should illegals be allowed in our public schools Mr. Navarrette.....

Navarette is a part of the problem because he only wants to fine business owners who employe illegals which is good but you have to have the whole enchilada

1. Army on the border and why not Rueben?
    2. No citizenship for illegals offspring....
    3. No public education for illegals or in state tution either....
    4. Massive sweeps and deportations and no hearings.....

IF all 4 of these were ENFORCED the game would be over......too much money passing hands for it not to be stopped!

I hate to use this example but the Germans knew who was who...? ILLEGAL immigration can be stopped and our tax dollars can be spent on our citizens! It can be stopped and fast!

JackSmith posted in part:

I hate to use this example but the Germans knew who was who...? ILLEGAL immigration can be stopped and our tax dollars can be spent on our citizens! It can be stopped and fast!

They knew who was who just like we knew who was who. Racial profiling.
    It can be a bad thing and at the same time it can save us. If we hadn't racially profiled durning WWII, we would have been swamped with Japanese and German spies. Racial profiling wasn't the only reason why we survived, history will explain that. My point is that while racial profiling is taboo, pro-illegals will tell you that it is facist to practice. Heck, when it comes to invasions, especially illegal ones, to racial profile doesn't bother me at all. For all of you looking to bash ALIPAC members, don't get me wrong, I hate facists, but the future of this country happens to be more important. Its called COMMON SENSE!

It's one thing to racial profile while handing out a traffic ticket, but it's another thing when you're trying to keep your country from being over ran.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)