It’s been no secret that the Department of Justice filed racial profiling charges against Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and his department. They subsequently revoked their federal immigration badges from Arpaio and his men, thus forbidding them from going into the jails to determine if any of the inmates are illegal aliens.

It’s also no secret that the DOJ’s actions have been directed at Arpaio for his investigation into Obama’s eligibility to serve as president and to be placed on the 2012 ballot in Maricopa County.

Typical of the hypocrisy and favoritism of the Obama administration, we now find out that Cook County, Illinois, the home of Chicago and President Obama, has passed a law forbidding the Immigration and Customs Enforcement from entering the Cook County Jails. The ordinance was passed on September 7, 2011 and to date, no one from the Department of Justice or the Obama administration have taken any action against Cook County nor have they indicated that they will challenge the legality of the ordinance.

I can’t help but wonder how DOJ officials can kick one county’s cops out of their own jail when it comes to immigration issues while another county kicks ICE officials out of their jail when it comes to immigration?

None of Cook County, Illinois’s leadership is opposing Obama’s eligibility. In fact, Chicago’s mayor is a long time Obama friend and former White House Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel. Cook County Sheriff, Thomas J Dart, is a Democrat who has been involved in Illinois politics and is also a supporter of Barack Obama.

On the contrary, Maricopa County (Arizona) Sheriff Joe Arpaio, is a Republican who has the final say as to whether any one candidate meets the qualifications for the office they are running for and if they will appear on a ballot in the county. Arpaio has the Cold Case Squad of his department investigating the birth certificate issue with Obama to determine if he is eligible to run for president and be placed on the November ballot. With nearly 4 million people in the county and a significant number of them being Hispanic, there are a lot of votes the President could lose if Arpaio rules against Obama’s ability to meet the qualifications of the office.

If I was setting on a jury and this evidence was presented in court, I would find myself strongly leaning to convict the President, the DOJ and ICE of willfully using federal law to extort Sheriff Arpaio and negligence of federal law for failing to take similar action against Cook County.

Read more: Immigration’s Double Standards Between Obama’s Hometown and Arizona Immigration

Immigration