Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Really?? You got to say all that before being cut off at the ankles?? What was the response of the host??

Hooray for you Hoosier Mama...

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Yeah, I talked really fast and didn't breathe. The host is generally supportive of us. He had 3 guests on with him. One man representing a Hispanic group, another man who sounded like a Chamber of Commerce, pro-business type and the 3rd one was Robert Klein Engler who's article from ChronWatch was posted on American Patrol a day or two ago. I think the response was that they didn't believe any of the solutions would prevent 100% of the illegals from working and I think I said we would still need to deport some. After I hung up, the CofC guy insisted there still are jobs Americans won't take.

We need an army of HoosierMama's!!!

I read this article by Samuel Huntington the other day... In this short paragraph he describes what would happen if we had a moratorium on Mexican immigration :
    The Hispanic Challenge - April, 2004 (you've got to sign up, but it's free)
    The impact of Mexican immigration on the United States becomes evident when one imagines what would happen if Mexican immigration abruptly stopped... The annual flow of legal immigrants would drop by about 175,000, closer to the level recommended by the 1990s Commission on Immigration Reform chaired by former U.S. Congresswoman Barbara Jordan... Illegal entries would diminish dramatically... The wages of low-income U.S. citizens would improve... Debates over the use of Spanish and whether English should be made the official language of state and national governments would subside... Bilingual education and the controversies it spawns would virtually disappear, as would controversies over welfare and other benefits for immigrants... The debate over whether immigrants pose an economic burden on state and federal governments would be decisively resolved in the negative... The average education and skills of the immigrants continuing to arrive would reach their highest levels in U.S. history... The inflow of immigrants would again become highly diverse, creating increased incentives for all immigrants to learn English and absorb U.S. culture... And most important of all, the possibility of a de facto split between a predominantly Spanish-speaking United States and an English-speaking United States would disappear, and with it, a major potential threat to the country's cultural and political integrity.
    I got this from Allen Wall's article :
    For Mexico's Elite, It's Open Season On Samuel Huntington - April 22, 2004

Anyway, Huntington seems to think that everything in this country would get better if we stopped the flood... I agree.
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

Thanks, Mummy!

And thanks for all the info. I get lots of good stuff from the people in these discussion groups!

The Huntington quote shows what that movie, A Day without Mexicans, would really be like. The rich people might miss their maids, chauffeurs, gardeners and nannies but the rest of us working folks wouldn't miss a beat! We'd just keep on cleaning our own homes, driving ourselves to the store, mowing our own lawns and raising our own kids! And we'd only have to pay taxes to support our own families.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    82Marine89:

Operation 'wetback' worked and it stopped the problem and sent the message.
    I was researching Op Wetback right up to the moment I left for the airport to attend MMP. There is some info on it, up to the point of being serveral articles on VDare. Numerous people are talking that it is time for Operation Wetback2. I feel that we need an op like this shortly after we seal the border. It (WB2) is simply one prong of a total plan. That plan would be:

1. Seal borders.
    2. Dry up entitlements.
    3. Go after business hiring of illegals.
    4. Op WB2 (with a certain "grace" period)
    5. Set and enfoce stiff penalties for re-crossers after they have been deported.
    6. "Possibly" ease certain restrictions (or time frames) for legal immigration. However, NOT before the above steps have been COMPLETED or well under way.

However, prior to step 4, we need to "allow" as many uninvited visitors to leave on their own (i.e. much less costly to have them leave, vs arresting and deporting them).

I agree with what Husker has posted. However I also think we need a deterrent. Forced detention in a work camp making the adobe that will be used for the wall they will eventually build between the countries should be an effective deterrent. If one of the draws to the U.S. is money the idea of having to serve 60-90 days of hard manual labor for no monetary gain should prove to be very effective at curbing the flow of illegal aliens willing to violate our borders. This catch and release program needs to stop.

Patriotman

No wall!

Cut a replacement for the Panama Canal 20 yards North of the MX Border.

Then stock it with sharks.

Operation Wetback was great! I can't believe I didn't even know about it and how successful it was until around 6 months ago.

Husker's plan sounds good, I would even agree with #6, easing restrictions on legal immigration AFTER the border is sealed. The key is AFTER the border is sealed. This must be our starting point. We've allowed too many amnesties and the border never gets taken care of and the problems just multiply. I've heard Hispanic spokesman say they won't agree that the border should be closed because we would just use that as a delay tactic to prevent other reforms.

If Magoo's canal was deep enough, it might stop the tunnels, too.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierMama
    If Magoo's canal was deep enough, it might stop the tunnels, too.
    I don't know how deep is deep enough, but I do know of 10M - 20M people that can be put to work diggin' it . . .

Husker, you have some great ideas. That would at least be a start. I'd also like to shut down most of the current news media. I hate lies and distortions.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast