Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Immigration question

Sunday,To the Editor:
    January 2, 2011
    It appears that some people in the U.S. believe that we need illegal immigration. Is this true, or am I misinterpreting something?

I ask this question because, as I look at the news media, letters to the editor, statements of politicians, and the outcry of immigration activists, one opinion seems to come through very strongly: Legal immigration is inadequate, and illegal immigration is essential to our life as a nation.

If there are readers of this newspaper who agree with that idea, would some of you please explain why you think legal immigration is inadequate and illegal immigration is essential. I would like to know.

Gordon Ericksen

Crystal Lake

http://www.nwherald.com/2010/12/28/immi ... n/ax3emo1/

We need more legal and illegal immigration like we need more free trade agreements and outsourcing. They both use the same mantra - the junk we can buy will cost us less, but it is still overpriced especially when we don't have jobs.

Immigration Question:How many Illegal Aliens does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    Answer: All of them!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    The average American doesn't think we need more illegals and would like stricter legal immigration controls. Probably a sizeable fair bunch who would like to exclude certain bunches as well.

Those who support all seem to have personal ties somewhere to the illegal community. Either someone who's illegal or has illegal family members, some even with illegal friends / lovers. Then the business's that thrive off exploiting illegals as its how they keep prices extremely low and profits high.

Then theres probably a very few fringe who are just blinded to the issue living in one of the few areas w/o much of illegals who think its half a world away. Thats how Minnesota was for me 7-8 years ago after I moved out of Michigan because of the illegal issue. But now they are almost everywhere.

I think an awful lot of Americans are too concerned about what is happening to them right now. Go to the grocery store and we can all understand that.

But I think if more people knew the cost of illegals in our country they would get involved at least to some point.

My question is, if you are married to an illegal and went through the process to get them legally in the country, it cost you about $10,000 right? If ammesty is given to illegals, can these people that played by the rules sue the government for the cost of the immigration process? I can see a whole can of worms if any amnesty is passed, and that is one of them. I would think they should get their money back, JMHO.

We don't need illegals in our country. Pelosi, Reid and Obama do. Plus they want to get that NWO online and keeping the border open and allowing illegals in so they can get amnesty is part of it I think.

I hate what our reps are doing. Maybe with this new crop we can get some answers and solutions. One has to be to get jobs open for Americans. It can't happen while illegals are allowed to stay.

I don't allow any illegals to do any of my work here either. Right now we are clearing trees out and anyone even helping is an American. Yes, I check when any one new is here. Nothing on this bare land we bought and built on has been done by illegals. I don't care if it costs more. If I'm going to take a stand I have to be willing to pay more and keep an eye on things. I'm willing to do that. I try to stay away from China crap and support our country in any way I can.

With both of us being vets, we are very intune with what is going on. What a shame that the country all our vets and military fight for just sits and allows our own country to be invaded.

illegals go home

Americans do not believe that. The illegal aliens support that thought. Just enforce the laws and illegals will leave. We do not need illegal aliens.

Re: illegals go home

Quote Originally Posted by immigration2009
    Americans do not believe that. The illegal aliens support that thought. Just enforce the laws and illegals will leave. We do not need illegal aliens.
    And if the Democraps did the right thing they wouldn't need them either!
    They lose we win, they must think the tidal wave of the Red Sea in Nov. was a fluke!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Immigration Question:How many Illegal Aliens does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    That is so WRONG!

An illegal alien doesn't have to screw in a light bulb they have social services do it for them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    That is so WRONG!

An illegal alien doesn't have to screw in a light bulb they have social services do it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    Shouldn't you be moderating!