Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration Watchdog Retires Website

Immigration Watchdog Retires Website
    By Digger

Long time pro-immigration enforcement activist Brook Young of Immigration Watchdog no longer has time to maintain the west coast based website ImmigrationWatchdog.com and has posted a message that he'll be taking a hiatus (possibly permanent). Don't be alarmed. Don't see this as waving the white flag. I am an old salty dog in the blogging world having been around for years and blogs and websites come and go.
    It does not show a lack of caring by the individual, it all comes down to a lack of time. Brook is a person and like anyone else has goals for his future as well and sometimes those goals take up more time than you have to continue to volunteer large chunks on maintaining and running a website.

Brook says he'll still be actively involved in the fight against illegal immigration - and you can bet your bottom dollar on that! Most websites and blogs retire within the first month. The longevity and dedication that Brook has shown in actively participating on the street level, hours shooting and editing video and researching and writing content show his passion. I don't think most people realize the time dedicated to such a task for no pay until they try it themselves and become burned out within weeks.

There really is no money in political blogging and especially in activist blogging, so we all must do other things on the side - and when it comes to careers and family, well that comes first.

I personally send a congratulations to Brook for his longevity and his dedication and wish him well in the future as he moves out of the Los Angeles area. He'll still be around on message boards and at rallies, so don't count him out.

Cheers to you Brook!
    diggersrealm002918
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Last Week of Immigration Watchdog
    Posted by: The Watchdog in Protests & Activism

Well everybody, I’ve made the decision to shut down this website. This will be the last week of Immigration Watchdog. If I didn’t get so much help from GuardDog and Eddie B., I’m sure I would have shut it down a long time ago. Basically I’m tired of maintaining it, and I’ll be moving out of Los Angeles and starting a new career soon.

There’s a chance that the website will be back sometime in the future under new management, but I definitely won’t be involved. There’s a lot of valuable information on this website that I would like to keep on the web, so I’ll be talking to a few trusted Patriots to see if they are willing to take control of the website. I’ll be moving all the Gilly The Clown articles to a new domain, so that information will still be available on the web.

I will still be participating in protests and rallies as long as I’m living in Los Angeles, and I’ll still be active on the Save Our State and ALIPAC forums. So, I’ll still be around. I’m not saying goodbye. I’m just making a change that is best for me.

Thank you all for your support, and for the thoughtful discussions that made this website so successful.
    http://www.immigrationwatchdog.com/?p=7186
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's sad......but I fully understand. So much of this work, if not all, is done for free or paid for out of our own pockets. Hours and hours invested and unfortunatly, it takes money to survive and people have to work in order to make it another day. I think that's why, except for a few, it takes two adults to work to get by. Too busy to notice what's going on because there's not enough hours in a day to get involved. I for one wish him well and thank him for all he's done.

GETTING OUT OF L.A. IS THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR FAMILY. You don't have to be there, smelling the stench, watching the murders, living under the corruption of the politicians there to know what is going on and fighting it. Our voices are heard at many fronts as I'm sure we'll see you here. Glad you're staying with us.

GETTING OUT OF L.A. IS THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR FAMILY. You don't have to be there, smelling the stench, watching the murders, living under the corruption of the politicians there to know what is going on and fighting it. Our voices are heard at many fronts as I'm sure we'll see you here. Glad you're staying with us.
    Absolutly can't blame a soul for doing that! Run, run like the wind.....shame I can't tell you of a good place to go......but anyplace, almost, sounds better than there.

ELE

God Bless Brook!

I'm sorry to see “Immigration Watchdogâ€

Good Luck to you Watchdog...glad to hear your still going to stay active!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Basically I’m tired of maintaining it, and I’ll be moving out of Los Angeles and starting a new career soon.
    Good for you Brook! I don't blame you one bit! It's also my dream to also get the hell out of CA and start a career elsewhere!

We got out four years ago and NEVER want to go back.

Smart move

We got out almost 30 years ago and NEVER wanted to go back

Smart move

Thanks for all you've done, Brook, and best wishes for you and your family, in your new career and new locale.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast