Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Important Matters Our House of Reps Are Working On

Whereas Walter Elias Disney, an imaginative visionary who changed the face of American culture, was born in 1901; (Engrossed as Agreed to or Passed by House)

HRES 355 EH

H. Res. 355

In the House of Representatives, U.S.,

July 14, 2005.

Whereas Walter Elias Disney, an imaginative visionary who changed the face of American culture, was born in 1901;

Whereas in the summer of 1923, Walt Disney independently produced a cartoon called Alice's Wonderland, and he decided that he could use it as his `pilot' film to sell a series of Alice comedies to a distributor;

Whereas Walt Disney's primary cartoon character, Mickey Mouse, has delighted millions of children and adults around the world since his debut in 1928;

Whereas Walt Disney personally won 32 Academy Awards for his work, including a special award for the creation of Mickey Mouse, a special award for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and the prestigious Irving Thalberg Memorial Award given by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences;

Whereas Walt Disney introduced the world to his special brand of entertainment at the 1964-1965 New York World's Fair, which incorporated four Disney shows, including Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, a tribute to the 16th President of the United States;

Whereas Walt Disney's original vision of a place for children and adults to have fun together was inspired by his two daughters;

Whereas Walt Disney's `dream of a place where parents and children could have fun together', became a reality with the opening of Disneyland in Anaheim, California, and subsequently in the opening of additional theme parks, cruise lines, and resorts worldwide;

Whereas when Walt Disney formally dedicated Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he stated that he hoped the park would be `. . . a source of joy and inspiration to all the world';

Whereas Walt Disney hosted dignitaries at Disneyland, including Presidents Harry Truman, Dwight Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy, and Richard Nixon, and his legacy of hospitality has extended to Presidents Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, and George H. W. Bush;

Whereas 2005 is the 50th anniversary of Disneyland;

Whereas Walt Disney's dream has launched an industry and sparked an empire of fun that now spans the globe, attracting millions of visitors on three continents every year; and

Whereas the Walt Disney Foundation strives to promote discourse, writing, and scholarship about the life, work, and philosophy of Walt Disney: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved, That the House of Representatives--

(1) celebrates Walt Disney's contributions to our Nation; and

(2) congratulates Disneyland, `the Happiest Place on Earth', on the occasion of its 50th Anniversary.

Attest:

Clerk.
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c ... 109EL0W6Q::

http://clerk.house.gov/floorsummary/floor.html
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I have been watching the House to make sure they dont try to sneak a vote on CAFTA without letting us know and I found this.

Resolved, That the House of Representatives--

(1) celebrates Walt Disney's contributions to our Nation; and

(2) congratulates Disneyland, `the Happiest Place on Earth', on the occasion of its 50th Anniversary.
    I thought they had a Mickey Mouse Operation up their on Capitol Hill, but this proves it! I wonder if they realize that we have more pressing issues to deal with.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)