Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I got this response from Matt and Tom:

There were NO votes from outside the country. This is a made-up claim.
    We here at Survey Saint Louis would not accept outside the country votes,
    for a NATIONAL Presidential , fun, little poll. Thanks for your concern.

I would like to see the original comments that Matthew apparently made where he wrote about the Canadian and Mexican votes. Does anyone have the link? I can't find it on the March Madness voting site.

I would like to see the original comments that Matthew apparently made where he wrote about the Canadian and Mexican votes. Does anyone have the link? I can't find it on the March Madness voting site.
    I tried to find those comments as soon as I got the e-mail from Linda. I couldn't find them. I'm not saying they were never there, but I never saw them. You will probably have to ask Linda where she got the information.

I expected Tancredo to have an easy run against Barbour because I didn't think Barbour was that well know nationally. At least I haven't seen or heard hardly anything about Barbour in the last several years. It would be interesting to know what regions of the country the votes came from and how the polling firm identifies and eliminates duplicate votes which they supposedly don't allow in the first place. The fact that Barbour got so many votes compared to what he got in prior races seemed a bit suspicious -- but so did Tancredo to a degree. So, who know for sure.

You're right. Both Tancredo and Barbour got more votes than anyone in the other races. Perhaps both men have lots of supporters who want to see them run for president.

I couldn't bring myself to vote at all for some of the contestants, like Frist. I had barely heard of some of them. I couldn't believe newly elected people like Thune got the numbers of votes they got. He hasn't even had time to make a name for himself. Sometimes, it seemed like someone was out to vote for "anyone-but-Tom" Tancredo. It's just too easy to game the system. That's why we shouldn't have computerized voting in real elections unless there is a paper trail, like a 2-part receipt...one for the voter and one for the polling place in case a recount is needed.

A reason for the vote total differences......
    Probably what happened is that many people only voted for
    Rep. Tancredo and cast no other votes. I did that in the first
    round because I was in a hurry and had to leave.
    (I know that is bad form)
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

I did the same, only voted for Tancredo.
    When he lost I stopped voting.

I have no intentions of voting for any of the Republicans that were listed on that poll in 2008.

I held my nose and voted for Bush because the alternative was sooo bad, I didn't vote for him the first time either.

I will vote for Tancredo or someone who thinks like him if he runs on the Republican ticket, otherwise I am going third party.

I am tired of having no choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12