Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Indiana’s SB 590 Attacks Immigrants and their Languages

Indiana State Sen. Mike Delph, R- Carmel not only wants to implement a Arizona style bill but wants to bar the use of any language but English in most government transactions.

“We’re taking the handcuffs off of law enforcement. We’re holding employers who are thumbing their noses at the law accountable. And we’re lifting up the English language,â€

GO INDIANA! GO STATES! GO AMERICANS!! Lets get R done and do it right so this illegal immigration disaster never ever again happens in the United States.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Indiana’s SB 590 Attacks Immigrants and their Language

[quote="BillCunnane"]Opposition groups fear the bill will lead to profiling and hurting businesses in the state.
    “I’m worried that the unintended consequences of what he’s doing is to put a sign on our state saying we don’t want immigrants,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote]“I’m worried that the unintended consequences of what he’s doing is to put a sign on our state saying we don’t want immigrants,â€

I wish they had that law in Florida. You know why they are upset? This is the real reason and I have seen it in police work alot especially with Hispanics. They want someone who speaks their language as they know in the majority of the cases they will side with them even if it is wrong. This is especially true when they happen to come from the same country. I have seen this scenario play out over and over again. They speak prefect English and still insist on a Spanish speaking police call taker or police officer. There are officers who are now saying that today is the day they will have to use or learn Englsih when they are busy and there is no Spanish or even Creole speaker availible. I actually threatened to call internal affairs in an incident that I witnessed in my condo building when the officer spoke Spanish with the people who started the problem and when the woman asked the police officer what country she was from I knew what would most likely follow. I told the officer staright out that the people they had an altercation with do not speak Spanish so stop siding with them. I also told her that person works for the County and knows plenty of the officers at that district who know that he does not speak Spanish. I told her if she wanted to keep her job that she has to stop siding with poeple who share the same language or come from the same country and be objective.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The whole country needs to stop doing any business, personal or otherwise, in any language but English. It is our country, it is our language. Think of all the money that could be saved.
    If someone needs a translator, they need to pay for one themselves. But also have someone in the court to make sure that it's translated properly. I'm tired of pandering to these people. I think they use the "No English" just to avoid answering. They do it in the military also. My husband had trouble with it. Took them one day to learn perfect English when they found out if they can't speak the language there is a bunch of dirty work they can do.
    If they want to speek their language they need to go home where it's spoken. Not here.

[quote="busygirl"][quote]“I’m worried that the unintended consequences of what he’s doing is to put a sign on our state saying we don’t want immigrants,â€

The problem is that some immigrants be it legal or illegal do not want to assimilate at all. They want to throw the culture they left behind on us. When they speak their langauge it is okay to them but if you speak another foreign one they get angry. I am sick of it here. Often times Hispanics say or write this is Miami speak Spanish to the rest of us and call us gringos.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When I came to the US, there was no pandering to Spanish or any other speakers. No ESL, no taxpayer funded translators, no forms in Spanish or any other language.

I am a first generation immigrant and was able to learn English. Made me work harder, out of necessity. No other foreign language speakers demand we pander to them like the new spanish speakers of today. Why bother to learn English, when all is provided in Spanish?

We do these newcomers a disservice by making it easy for them to be lazy in learning English. I am ashamed when I see how ignorant and rude some of these people are. My mother spoke with an extremely heavy accent, but even she tried to speak English when in public. If we needed a translator, that was me. Fill out forms? I did it. Didn't cost taxpayer $$$.

Why are we allowing this to continue? It helps no one and wastes millions of dollars. End the pandering now.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    The problem is that some immigrants be it legal or illegal do not want to assimilate at all. They want to throw the culture they left behind on us. When they speak their langauge it is okay to them but if you speak another foreign one they get angry. I am sick of it here. Often times Hispanics say or write this is Miami speak Spanish to the rest of us and call us gringos.
    Unfortunately, even the legal Latinos unwillingness to linguistically assimilate in English is THEE problem.....and then Floridians have Jeb Bush running around addressing crowds in Spanish to facilitate pure language laziness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast