Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

First of all the term is RENOUNCE, not denounce, their citizenship.

I am uncertain about renunciation of citizenship when one is a naturalized citizen, but for those born with dual citizenship, it is not necessary. Winston Churchill is one example. He had dual citizenship as British and American. He had one parent of each.

does that make it alright?

it explains how he got it and that it might be legal in the UK..... but how does one justify pledging allegiance to two countries, allies or not? or is this more like membership in two social clubs?

I do 'denounce' dual nationality...
    conservative is but a liberal after a dose of reality...

The statement I addressed was simply regarding what they are required to do. And when such is a requirement, it is to renounce their citizenship in the other nation.

The 14th amendment currently trumps any feelings we may have about people who are born here, but if Mexico chooses to extend citizenship to children of illegals who are born here, there is not much we can do about it. We must abolish the 14th if we wish to change that, which is something I support.

the 14th was drafted after the Civil War 1868 specifically to give US citizenship to blacks, not necessarily all children born in the US.... they were not considering illegals in those days.... the issue was never clear, although courts decided in favor of this liberal interpretation, which we must reverse..... but no need to reverse the 14th...

whether Mexico considers their children born in the US to be also Mexicans is of no concern to me.... it is those US-born who "choose" to have dual loyalties that bother me...

mexicans not saying pledge of allegiance

ONe thing I always noticed in elementary school as well as junior high school was the children of mexican illegals(even though english speaking) would not say the pledge of allegiance. Some would mock it, some would even say "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united states of mexico" and laugh. Me, being a chilean immigrant who came here when I was two due to allende trying to turn Chile communist, was angered by this. I actually got in trouble in 3rd grade for refusing to interpret for a student who had allready been here 6 months and was pretending she still could not understand what the teacher was saying." I got upset because due to the teacher expecting me to interpret while concentrating on my ownb studies causing me to not be able to keep up with the rest of the class. NOt only that but during tests, I was only allowed to read the question to the student(who was from mexico). I would even try meager hints when this particular student would say the usual chicano saying, " I can't get it". "It's too hard" and/or "let me see your paper. "I finally yelled one day because the student was upset saying her parents were angry with her and she could not pass because of me". Well, some of us south americans can be tempermental when dealing with repetitive stupidity. I yelled out, " NO , mrs. ______, she should know everything by now, and by the way whenever she wants to, she seems to understand fine." " I dont have time for this", I have soccer practice and my parents have allready told me not to interpret anymore". I was immediately sent to the office for this. After that, my parents put me in private school. This was of course, before they had esl classes. MY parents flat out told the other school that they should not be blaming me but asking the parents of this young woman why they could not contribute to their child's learning. EVerything that is being said today, was what my parents were saying 15 years ago regarding children of illegals not learning english. AT home, most of these kids are prohibited from practicing english much less speaking it and the parents(even though they could take advantage of the free education their kids are receiving) would rather crank up spanish tv . I have never seen one mexican national family we know ask their children after school, "what did you learn in english today". Shoot, my parents were like a couple of kids. AS soon as I walked in the door, they wanted me to read my assignment story books and then want to read them themselves with my help in pronunciation. I can't see why these idiot educators make up all the excuses in the world as to why immigrant children from mexico are not learning english. For instance, "oh the parents are uneducated and spanish is the only language at home therefore the parents cannot support their learning". To latino immigrants who appreciate what we have here(my family) could not believe it when we would hear this. Especially when literacy was used as an excuse. My father was like, "what about tapes"? My father would then joke saying, ":Next thing you know la jente de mexico (mexicans) will be claiming that they are blind as an excuse for not watching english lesson videos. NOw, I have been conversing with Andy RAmirez via e-mail as well as you guys via discussion. If you guys want a real laugh, e-mail him. He is very brilliant and it is nice to see an intelligent latino who grew up just like me(his family taught him english before he went to school). He has some video as well as radio clips from chicano activists in which he makes them look like idiots. They have even called him racist. Some have called him a coconut)first time I have heard this), which means brown on the outside, white in the middle. Latinos like andy and I love our fellow americans and appreciate america. I have to applaud andy as being the first american of latino descent to lead a group that has the same views of this group. I think together we can all prove this is not racist. By the way, I think Fox will not only be facing heat by african americans but keep in mind, there are black ecuadorians, argentinians, brazillians, columbians, etc. Just so you folks know, the south americans hate Vicente Fox more than you guys do.[/i]

Sonali.... thanks for posting your story. Our politicians, educators and do-gooders (usually called 'refugee and immigrant rights coalition") don't want to hear this because it goes against what they already believe.

To call these people "immigrants" is being overly kind....they don't want to integrate and maintain their own culture. They are at best economic refugees, at worst reconquista soldiers for the Mexican radicals (voz de aztlan). If you read the forums where the illegals post, you will not be surprised to learn that there is a generalized hatred against Cubans and South Americans.... the reason for this hatred seems to be that Mexicans (who want to consider themselves non-white, which is why they call themselves "la raza" although most of them are at least partially descendents of white Spanish blood) ... as one racist columnist from www.hispanicvista.com explained it to me, whites throughout Latin America did nothing to help the natives free themselves of Spanish or French rule.... wow! ..... I think the truth is that these Cubans and SouthAmericans have a higher degree of education and are more successful, especially here in the US..... (just like the fundamentalist muslims hate everyone else because everyone else is responsible for their lack of progress since they were driven out of Spain in 1492.... )

I think most "naturalized" US citizens are afraid to speak out like you have because they are afraid of being called "racists".... this only confirms the success of the self-flaggelation message put out by PC Americans and our adversaries on this character-changing invasion.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234