Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Item of interest from last nights debate

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

Item of interest from last nights debate

Excerpt from NumbersUSA:

ITEM

Trump was asked about his previous criticisms of both Rubio and Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and their promotion of work permits for more foreign students and foreign tech workers. In fact, Trump has criticized both. But tonight he denied it and took their side.

TRUMP
    SAID: "I was not at all critical of him. I was not at all. In fact, frankly, he's complaining about the fact that we're losing some of the most talented people. They go to Harvard. They go to Yale. They go to Princeton. They come from another country and they're immediately sent out. I am all in favor of keeping these talented people here so they can go to work in Silicon Valley. . . . I'm in favor of people coming into this country legally. And you know what? They can have it anyway you want. You can call it visas, you can call it work permits, you can call it anything you want. I've created tens of thousands of jobs, and in all due respect -- and actually some of these folks I really like a lot -- but I'm the only one that can say that. I have created tens of thousands of jobs, and I'll be creating many millions of jobs if I'm given -- if I'm given the opportunity to be president."

FACT-FINDING: We'll supply the links to show that CNBC was correct and Trump was wrong to say that he had not criticized Rubio and Zuckerberg. More disturbing is Trump's seeming to backtrack on his previous championing the cause of American tech workers. Trump definitely was talking tonight a line that was not the same as his August 2015 immigration plan that is on his website. In his plan, Trump calls for increasing the prevailing wage for H-1B visas and a requirement to hire American workers first. It states, "raising the prevailing wage paid to H-1Bs will force companies to give these coveted entry-level jobs to the existing domestic pool of unemployed native and immigrant workers in the U.S., instead of flying in cheaper workers from overseas.... Requirement to hire American workers first. Too many visas, like the H-1B, have no such requirement... Petitions for workers should be mailed to the unemployment office, not USCIS." Source:https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positio...gration-reform

[COLOR=#C1272D !important]He didn't exactly contradict his plan tonight but he certainly showed he was far more interested in being on the side of Mark Zuckerberg than American tech workers. It is likely that his Worker-Protection Immigration ratings will go down in at least two categories after his performance tonight.

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/fact...s-cnbc-debates[/COLOR]

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    One of the biggest beefs I've had against Trump all along has raised its ugly head again. The man has a serious problem with consistency, which makes it difficult for me to trust him.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn