Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jail Elvira Arellano

by Paul R. Hollrah
    Jail Elvira Arellano
    May 07, 2007 01:00 PM EST

A thirty-one-year-old woman, Elvira Arellano, an illegal immigrant and a fugitive from justice, remains holed up in Chicago’s Aldaberto United Methodist Church, along with her 7-year-old son, Saul, who was born in the United States.

The Associated Press has reported that Arellano first crossed illegally into the United States in 1997. She was quickly taken into custody and deported. She returned within days, found her way to Oregon, and lived there for three years before moving to Chicago. Two years later she was arrested at O'Hare Airport, where she worked as a cleaning woman.

She was subsequently convicted of working under a false Social Security number and ordered to surrender for deportation at the Chicago immigration office on August 15, 2006. Instead, she sought sanctuary in the Methodist church, saying that, if authorities want her they’d have to “come and get her.”

Well, okay, the American people are up for that… if only we could get Ms. Julie Myers – the attractive young woman who George Bush put in charge of all of our immigration and customs law enforcement – to do what she’s paid to do (a seemingly never-ending problem in the Bush Administration).

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents insist that there is nothing to prevent them from arresting Arellano at the church. The Associated Press quotes ICE spokeswoman Gail Montenegro, as saying, “Ms. Arellano willfully violated U.S. immigration laws and is now facing the consequences of her actions by failing to report to immigration authorities. We will arrest and deport her as required by law at an appropriate time and place.”

Arellano is not just another Hispanic invader claiming to be searching for a better life for herself and her son. She is president of an organization called United Latino Family, which lobbies for families that could be split by deportation. But the question remains, when will ICE find “an appropriate time and place” to arrest and deport her?

Arellano and other “immigration rights” activists have used her 7-year-old son and his status as an American citizen in the most disgraceful way. Shortly after taking refuge in the church, Arellano sent her son to Washington, traveling with Emma Lozano, Executive Director of the Chicago-based immigrants’ rights group, Centro Sin Fronteras, to request a meeting with the president. They handed a handwritten letter to a staffer outside the White House gates and returned to Chicago.

Putting words in her son’s mouth, Arellano has said, “My son is a U.S. citizen. He doesn’t want me to go anywhere, so I'm going to stay with him.”

Activists say that her desire to seek a better life for herself and her son “illustrates why they believe the nation’s immigration laws must be changed.”

Pardon me, Senors y Senoras, but what Elvira Arellano and her 7-year-old son might want for themselves has nothing whatsoever to do with a need to change U.S. immigration laws. Arellano is a criminal. She entered the United States illegally in 1997, but she was immediately captured and deported. Within days, she sneaked across the border a second time and remained hidden in the underground economy for five years.

During those years she learned the finer points of identity theft. She stole the identity of an American citizen and used that identity to obtain employment at O’Hare Airport. After being taken into custody at O’Hare she was tried and convicted. And when ordered to report for deportation to Mexico she ignored the order of the court and became a fugitive from justice, seeking sanctuary in a Methodist church.

So whose identity was stolen? The Social Security number that Arellano used to obtain a job belongs either to someone else or to the federal government. And if she were to one day make a claim against the Social Security System, using that stolen number, she would be stealing benefits meant for others.

The American people have a right to know the identity of the person whose identity was stolen because, from the standpoint of respect for the rule of law, it is important that we put a face on Elvira Arellano’s crime.

Arellano should be taken from her sanctuary at the earliest possible time, and after she is tried and sentenced for contempt of court and unlawful flight, she should be sent to prison to serve out her term. And when she completes her term in prison, then and only then should she be deported to Mexico, barred forever from entering the United States or obtaining U.S. citizenship. Who knows, her son may be very happy living in Mexico.

Arellano has challenged Immigration and Customs Enforcement to “come get her.” Okay, ICE, what are you waiting for?
    http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/24877.html#
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Arellano has challenged Immigration and Customs Enforcement to “come get her.” Okay, ICE, what are you waiting for?
    Good question!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Isn't recrossing the border after being deported a felony?
    Isn't it fraud to use someone elses identity?

Are Americans the only ones who are obligated to follow the law or face punishment?
    Would this chuch give refuge to an American Felon?
    Would law enforcement refuse to enter a church that did?
    Is this church tax exempt?
    Is the leader of this church going to be arrested for aiding and abetting a felon?
    Did this woman use Medical or medicaid to pay for her childs birth and health care?
    Did this woman pay taxes or receive refunds?
    Who is supporting this woman and her anchor baby?
    Is her child getting an education on the taxpayers dime while she hides out and contributes nothing?

Have we lost our will to survive as a nation?
    What is ICE waiting for?

HEY ICE, SIPPY IS ALSO CHALLENGING YOU TO GO IN AND GET HER. ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE AND END THIS MADNESS NOW!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Other criminals of lesser crimes are in prison and separated from their children. She is not different from any other criminal who would like to be with their children. Criminals make that choice when they commit a crime. She had a choice. Enter this country legally and do not commit crimes when you are here.

I'm with you, Sippy! The gaunlet has been thrown! Where are you ICE? If you're serious about the raids, etc., show me by deporting the figurehead!
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

This church should lose it's tax exemptions for dabbling in politics.

MW
    dyehard39 wrote:

She had a choice. Enter this country legally and do not commit crimes when you are here.
    Instead she chose to enter this country not once, but twice illegally and is if that wasn't bad enough she decided to use someone elses social security number. It's beyond me how this women could think she was entitled to anything but a prison cell!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If I worked for ICE I would have volunteered for the job. I am sure I could find many others who would love to join in.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Putting words in her son’s mouth, Arellano has said, “My son is a U.S. citizen. He doesn’t want me to go anywhere, so I'm going to stay with him.”
    She is a criminal, she should have no choice. Any other criminal who said their kids wanted them stay so they are not going to jail would be carted off in a second. WE are still in the:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast