Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Jeb Bush Blames Obama for Rise of Trump

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jeb Bush Blames Obama for Rise of Trump

Dec 31 2015, 8:09 am ET
    Jeb Bush Blames Obama for Rise of Trump

by Jordan Frasier

Jeb Bush called Donald Trump "a creature of Barack Obama" in the latest example of the former governor's ever-present frustration with the billionaire businessman during an interview with NPR.

"But for Barack Obama, Donald Trump's effect would not be nearly as strong as it is," Bush said.

The comments come as Bush continues his full assault on Trump over the past several weeks questioning everything from his rival's seriousness to intellectual prowess. However, Bush expressed optimism to NPR that "the emotion of the here and now" with Trump "will subside."

"The point is that we're living in this reality TV political environment, where [Trump] fills the space by saying outrageous things [and] then people based on their emotions will express support for the sentiment, not necessarily the specifics, because there's none and then he'll backtrack," he said. "And he'll move on to the next thing and he fills the space."

Related: Bush Campaign Pulls Ads and Shifts Staff Ahead of First Votes

For his own candidacy, Bush downplayed the expectations that he must win some of the early contests for his candidacy to remain viable.

"I don't think I have to win any of them, because we're organized in every state," he said. "The good news is, expectations are low for me, and I'm definitely gonna beat those," he said. "I feel really good about New Hampshire, to be honest with you. Just — just the way it — it feels."
    Jeb Bush Gives Audience Selfie Clinic on Campaign Trail 1:03

On Wednesday Bush's campaign announced yet another reorganization that will shift staff from its Miami headquarters to early states. The campaign also canceled previously scheduled ad buys in a signal that the campaign could be strapped for cash.

"We have a Super PAC that is advertising on TV at a rate that is comparable to any other campaign if not more and we're reallocating our resources to voter contact and a ground game that will be second to none," Bush explained to reporters. "So we're all in, the schedule will show that we're all in, the amount of people that are working and all the work that is done to be able now to convert these people into voters in a contested race."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...-trump-n488426
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

LOL!!! I thought everyone could use a little humor today!

Yeah, that's the ticket, Jeb, it's Obama's fault you're losing!

No wonder they call you the "brainy" one.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Jeb Bush Says Voters' Passions For Trump Will Pass
    Updated December 31, 20158:34 AM ET

Many Republicans may have sided with Donald Trump's controversial proposal to ban Muslims from entering the U.S., but his rival Jeb Bush predicts that the GOP faithful will eventually oppose the plan and see it his way.

"Trump clearly banning all Muslims would actually be so counterproductive in our efforts to destroy ISIS that it's foolhardy," the former Florida governor told NPR's Steve Inskeep in an interview Wednesday in Boston. "I mean, it's beyond ridiculous; it's quite dangerous."

Earlier this month, in response to terrorist threats, Trump said there should be "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on."

The plan was renounced by many of his Republican rivals and GOP leaders; Bush himself said Trump had become "unhinged." But polls showed a majority of Republican voters sided with Trump, and Trump's poll numbers went up in the aftermath, too.

But Bush believes that will change by the time actual voting rolls around in February.

I think the emotion of the here and now will subside.

"In a month from now they won't [agree]. That's the point," Bush said. "The point is that we're living in this reality-TV kind of political environment, where [Trump] fills the space by saying outrageous things. People based on their emotions will express support for the sentiment, not necessarily the specifics, because there are none, and then he'll backtrack. And he'll move on to the next thing, and he fills the space."

"I think the emotion of the here and now will subside," Bush continued. "Are people scared about the national security interests of our country being violated because of a lax immigration system or a visa waiver program that wasn't designed for people being radicalized? Yes, they're scared, and the job of a president — or a candidate, for that matter — isn't to scare them more; it's to give them solutions, and that's what I'm trying to do."

President Obama believes Trump is "exploiting" the anxieties of blue-collar workers in his campaign, as Obama told Inskeep in a wide-ranging interview at the White House this month.

Bush said he didn't exactly agree with the president's characterization of the root of that frustration.

"[Obama's] got this notion of what blue-collared, white voters kind of think that's so out of touch," he said. "People are legitimately angry with Washington, D.C. And, yes, Mr. President, they're legitimately angry with you. You have divided the country up in all sorts of disparate parts."

That division in the country, Bush argued, has allowed for an unconventional candidate to rise.

"I would argue that Donald Trump is in fact a creature of Barack Obama," he continued. "But for Barack Obama, Donald Trump's effect would not be nearly as strong as it is. We're living in a divided country right now, and we need political leaders, rather than continuing to divide as both President Obama and Donald Trump [do], to unite us."

Trump continues to lead national polls, but he has seen a dip in some of the early states. Most surveys show Texas Sen. Ted Cruz rising in Iowa. Bush has largely put his hopes in New Hampshire — a state much friendlier to establishment candidates, with its large swath of more moderate Republicans and independents.

Still, Bush is lagging there behind Trump and other rivals, including Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Ohio Gov. John Kasich.

I would argue that Donald Trump is in fact a creature of Barack Obama. But for Barack Obama, Donald Trump's effect would not be nearly as strong as it is.

Later Wednesday, the Bush campaign signaled it would be shifting more resources to early states, but with a particular focus on New Hampshire. It canceled planned ad buys in Iowa and South Carolina, pointing out that the superPAC supporting the governor had bought a chunk of ad time there. Next month, the campaign's efforts in the critical Granite State will double to more than 40 staffers.

Talking to Inskeep, Bush dismissed the notion that he had to win an early state, New Hampshire included, to remain in the GOP primary fight.

"I don't think I have to win any of them, because we're organized in every state," he explained. "So depending on how it plays out, if someone rolled the table, then that would have an impact. Be hard for anybody else to — to overcome it."

"The good news is, expectations are low for me, and I'm definitely gonna beat those," he said. "I feel really good about New Hampshire, to be honest with you. Just — just the way it — it feels."

http://www.npr.org/2015/12/31/461524...rump-will-pass

It won't pass, Jeb, it will grow.

Jeb, we're angry at everything everyone has done to weaken, impoverish and bankrupt our country.

We're furious over this unresolved uncontrolled immigration and free trade treason mess. And you and your family are as much responsible for it as any single family in America with your dad's NAFTA and your brother's CAFTA and refusal to enforce US immigration law, and yes, you. You did nothing as Governor of Florida one of the largest immigrant states in the country to stop this disaster. Instead you supported CAFTA and called for the Free Trade Agreement of the Americas, amnesty for illegal aliens and dared to call it "acts of love".

And so much more. We're fed up with Congress, too. We've had it. Our system of government with the people we have in it, does not work in our best interest, yet we're slaves to it and pay for it.

Did you all really think we were stupid enough to never say "enough", "no more"?

If you did, you were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    LOL!!! I thought everyone could use a little humor today!

Yeah, that's the ticket, Jeb, it's Obama's fault you're losing!

No wonder they call you the "brainy" one.
    The art of blame shifting as a political ploy is a bottom of the barrel tactic. The American voter is not as gullible as Jeb thinks we are..... It is sleazy politics 101 and calling Donald Trump a "creature" is not a classy thing to say about a man that has risen by his own success, not his family's coat tails.

NBC and NPR trying to get the herd to think the way they want them to....
    Last edited by Newmexican; 12-31-2015 at 11:40 AM.

MW
    Wow, can't believe he used the word "creature" over creation. What a dirtball.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Exactly, Newmexican. But we're not falling for it this time.

"Same o, same o" has got to go!!

STAY TRUE!! STAY TRUMP!!