Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: JEB BUSH: I WOULD GOVERN LIKE LYNDON JOHNSON AS PRESIDENT

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

JEB BUSH: I WOULD GOVERN LIKE LYNDON JOHNSON AS PRESIDENT

Now,here is a scary thought.

JEB BUSH: I WOULD GOVERN LIKE LYNDON JOHNSON AS PRESIDENT

by TONY LEE
    15 Feb 2013914

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush said he would strive to be like Lyndon Johnson, the Democrat famous for expanding the U.S. welfare state through the “Great Society,” if he were elected president.

According to the Miami Herald, Bush made those comments Wednesday night in San Antonio, Florida at Saint Leo University, while speaking about education, immigration, and energy policy.

Bush did not address Johnson’s Great Society and War on Poverty programs, about which Ronald Reagan once famously quipped, “We had a war on poverty, and poverty won.”

Instead, he was referencing Johnson’s mastery of the so-called sausage-making process in Congress.

He vowed to approach the presidency as “master of the Senate,” as biographer Robert Caro described Johnson.

“He went and he cajoled, he begged, he threatened, he loved, he hugged, he did what leaders do, which is they personally get engaged to make something happen,” Bush said of Johnson. Bush cited Caro’s latest book about Johnson, The Passage of Power, which covers the first part of Johnson’s presidency.

The wheeling and dealing Johnson loved and relished is what will be needed to pass bills such as immigration regulations. That process is also how government gets expanded and cronyism thrives, as Peter Schweizer’s nonpartisan Government Accountability Institute and directer Stephen K. Bannon documented in “Boomtown.”

Bush, who has a book on comprehensive immigration reform due out next month, said it was “un-American” to have illegal immigrants living in fear of exposure.

“To me — and I’m here at this great Catholic institution and this is what my church teaches me — it is completely un-American to require people living in the shadows,” he declared.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ted-president/

Bush, who has a book on comprehensive immigration reform due out next month, said it was “un-American” to have illegal immigrants living in fear of exposure.

“To me — and I’m here at this great Catholic institution and this is what my church teaches me — it is completely un-American to require people living in the shadows,” he declared.
    I hope his statements get a lot of coverage because if he thinks it's un-American to protect your own citizens, workers and taxpayers from an illegal or legal onslaught of foreign persons, then he's a bigger Dingle-Berry than I thought. Lyndon Johnson did some good things as President, and I believe he was a good person, but his plans didn't end poverty in the US, he couldn't end the War in Vietnam, he couldn't and didn't enforce US Supreme Court Ruling, Brown Versus the Board of Education, and for the most part had a lackluster Presidency but for the passage of the US Civil Rights Acts of 1964 and 1965, but those were longstanding Republican initiatives and without the force of the Republicans in Congress would have never passed with Democrats alone. In fact, Republicans supported both bills at over 80% levels while Democrats only supported them in the 50% levels.

Jeb is basically an idiot. Don't let him be on a ballot for President. He's not at all what we need in any area from taxes to immigration or trade.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I hope his statements get a lot of coverage because if he thinks it's un-American to protect your own citizens, workers and taxpayers from an illegal or legal onslaught of foreign persons, then he's a bigger Dingle-Berry than I thought. Lyndon Johnson did some good things as President, and I believe he was a good person, but his plans didn't end poverty in the US, he couldn't end the War in Vietnam, he couldn't and didn't enforce US Supreme Court Ruling, Brown Versus the Board of Education, and for the most part had a lackluster Presidency but for the passage of the US Civil Rights Acts of 1964 and 1965, but those were longstanding Republican initiatives and without the force of the Republicans in Congress would have never passed with Democrats alone. In fact, Republicans supported both bills at over 80% levels while Democrats only supported them in the 50% levels.

Jeb is basically an idiot. Don't let him be on a ballot for President. He's not at all what we need in any area from taxes to immigration or trade.
    I sure in hell don't want him . trump is who I want

What a load of horse hockey! We don't require anyone to live in the shadows. That is their choice when they decide to come here illegally. They could choose to come here the legal way and they wouldn't be in the shadows! They can always come out of the shadows and go back home!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by imblest View Post
    What a load of horse hockey! We don't require anyone to live in the shadows. That is their choice when they decide to come here illegally. They could choose to come here the legal way and they wouldn't be in the shadows! They can always come out of the shadows and go back home!
    Exactly. But I didn't know street corners, emergency rooms, schools, Walmart, construction sites and the US Capitol were ..... "the shadows".

I guess it's been awhile since Jeb's been around any of those. I'll bet Donald Trump has though.
    Last edited by Judy; 06-18-2015 at 12:27 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Exactly. But I didn't know street corners, emergency rooms, schools, Walmart, construction sites and the US Capitol were ..... "the shadows".

I guess it's been awhile since Jeb's been around any of those. I'll bet Donald Trump has though.
    Exactly!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Johnson had been Senator, then Veep, I would say that that is experience that Jeb cannot match!! Johnson threatened and when challenged carried through. I did not care for him, but he was a master politician the likes of which we have not seen since, and that is probably a good thing. Is Jeb even old enough to remember LBJ as President?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    Johnson had been Senator, then Veep, I would say that that is experience that Jeb cannot match!! Johnson threatened and when challenged carried through. I did not care for him, but he was a master politician the likes of which we have not seen since, and that is probably a good thing. Is Jeb even old enough to remember LBJ as President?
    Oh yes, Jeb is old enough. He's older than I am!

LBJ was also Senate Majority Leader and before that Senate Minority Whip, so he had a great deal of experience and a skill set Jeb not only doesn't have, I doubt he's even heard of them. And, Lady Bird Johnson is the only reason we have our beautiful highways. She made cleaning up our highways from their awful littered state a national goal and for the past many decades since her initiative, our country has for the most part clean beautiful highways. Clean highway systems and the US Civil Rights Act and US Voting Rights Act are at least 3 very important contributions the Johnson family made to our country. Nixon of course gave us School Desegregation enforcing the 1954 Brown vs Board of Education Supreme Court Ruling, the National Cancer Institute to find a cure for cancer, EPA to protect our environment, and OSHA to protect our workers. Bush One gave us NAFTA, Bush Two gave us CAFTA and 20 million illegal aliens, and Jeb wants to give us FTAA (Free Trade Agreement of the Americas) and 40 million illegal aliens.

I'm missing Presidents like Johnson and Nixon who actually gave us stuff that benefits our country and citizens.

I think Donald Trump will want to be one of those guys.

Yes Judy that is correct, but probably due to the fact that it has been a long time since Jeb Bush (or any Bush) has been on planet Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by southBronx View Post
    I sure in hell don't want him . trump is who I want
    Kudos southBronx. Donald Trump. At last a mega rich guy who is a patriot and on our side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast