Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jeff Sessions, New Judiciary Committee Chairman in 2011?

We all know Senator Jeff Sessions is an ALIPAC hero. If Republicans have 51 seats in the Senate, he would move up to Chairman of the Judiciary Committee where immigration matters are introduced. It is possible as Rasmussen Reports:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... e_of_power

Election 2010: Senate Balance Of Power
    Senate Balance of Power: Dems 48 GOP 46 Toss-Ups 6
    Monday, October 25, 2010 Email to a Friend ShareThis.Advertisement
    New polling in Connecticut has now moved that senate race to Solid Democratic from Leans Democratic in the Rasmussen Reports Election 2010 Balance of Power rankings.

Republicans have the edge in three Democratic-held Senate seats--Arkansas, Indiana, and North Dakota. (Also W. Virginia and Wisconsin lean GOP)

At the moment, no Republican-held seats appear headed for the Democratic column.

Current projections suggest that the Democrats would hold 48 seats after Election Day while the Republicans would hold 46. Six states are in the Toss-Up category (California, Colorado, Illinois, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Washington). All six Toss-Ups are seats currently held by Democrats.

As I investigated further the GOP is ahead by 2 to 4 points in four of the above seats, Colorado, Illinois, Nevada, and Pennsylvania, if the GOP won them they would have 50 Senate seats.

The Dems are 2 points ahead in California and Washington after being down earlier in the year. If one of them could be reversed the GOP would have 51 seats and Jeff Sessions would be in.

Should we be calling voters in these six states, and especially in CA and WA, to try and get Sessions in?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I live in Ca and can't believe the races are this close. Well, I guess it is Ca. If Boxer continies on as Senator, I will move. I can't stand her. Californians must be crazy and will get what it deserves.

i like it that the races are this close. it leaves everyone wondering.
    maybe make more turn out to think their vote might actually count, and not worry about the fraud thats already popping up around the country

he Dems are 2 points ahead in California and Washington after being down earlier in the year. If one of them could be reversed the GOP would have 51 seats and Jeff Sessions would be in.
    I may be over optimistic, but I believe any contest, Senate or House or Governor race, where the Republican or Independent is within 3% of the Democrat incumbent will be won by the Republican or Independent. Exception would be where the Independent and the Republican both lead the Democrat (e.g., Alaska). In those cases I would lean toward who appears to have the current lead.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO