Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jim Jeffords (VT) Retiring. Getting solicitations from other

I have started to get contribution requests from people wanting to get ahold of Jim Jeffords (VT) Senate position.

One is from Greg Parke. Does anyone have any info about him, or any kind of voting record when it comes to illegals?

Getting a new senator, it would be in our interest to try to persuade as much as possible the candidate we want.

H.

lotsa liberals

Husker; I grew up in Vermont when it was Conservative, and that didn't mean Reagan conservative, more on the Buchanan side, common sense with a sense of history.

Socially you might not like certain behaviors, but as long as you didn't have to pay for them, they were legal' and you didn't have to have it shoved in your face , well then it really wasn't your business. It works. Go to a town meeting day to see it in action.

If a candidate appears always be aware from where they really hail, as a clue to what they do. Many transplants from New York, Mass, and conn., bring their crazy reality up and use Vermont as a stepping stone, doing government work, NPOs' etc.

Sadly they bring many of the values they came up to Vermont to escape with them.

There may be someone, Dean, wonder what his stance is? I don't care anymore about party, in fact Dean is in possession of that broken twig, called the democratic party. He isn't stupid, read up on him. cheers glenn

Re: lotsa liberals

Quote Originally Posted by naturalglenn
    Husker; I grew up in Vermont when it was Conservative, and that didn't mean Reagan conservative, more on the Buchanan side, common sense with a sense of history.

Socially you might not like certain behaviors, but as long as you didn't have to pay for them, they were legal' and you didn't have to have it shoved in your face , well then it really wasn't your business. It works. Go to a town meeting day to see it in action.

If a candidate appears always be aware from where they really hail, as a clue to what they do. Many transplants from New York, Mass, and conn., bring their crazy reality up and use Vermont as a stepping stone, doing government work, NPOs' etc.

Sadly they bring many of the values they came up to Vermont to escape with them.

There may be someone, Dean, wonder what his stance is? I don't care anymore about party, in fact Dean is in possession of that broken twig, called the democratic party. He isn't stupid, read up on him. cheers glenn
    Dean is so open borders. You don't want that whacko anywhere near an elected office.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Jim Jeffords (VT) Retiring. Getting solicitations from o

Quote Originally Posted by Husker
    I have started to get contribution requests from people wanting to get ahold of Jim Jeffords (VT) Senate position.

One is from Greg Parke. Does anyone have any info about him, or any kind of voting record when it comes to illegals?

Getting a new senator, it would be in our interest to try to persuade as much as possible the candidate we want.

H.
    I looked at his website. All I got was that he's huge on the military which I find to be a good plus. Nothing on immigration. Maybe you can email him and see if he'll respond. info@voteparke.com

Other info:

2004 Paid for by Friends of Greg Parke
    P.O. Box 6569, Rutland, VT 05701
    Phone: 802-345-3861 | Fax: 802-786-5345
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Jim Jeffords (VT) Retiring. Getting solicitations from o

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200

H.
    I looked at his website. All I got was that he's huge on the military which I find to be a good plus. Nothing on immigration. Maybe you can email him and see if he'll respond. info@voteparke.com

Other info:

2004 Paid for by Friends of Greg Parke
    P.O. Box 6569, Rutland, VT 05701
    Phone: 802-345-3861 | Fax: 802-786-5345
    Thanks for the info. All I am looking for is his quality or lack thereof in relation to illegals. There are also other issues I care about, but the illegals are such a HUGE item, since all of the issues associated with them hook into ALL parts of society.

H.

I sent this message to the "info@" listed in a message above:

Hello Greg,

I am interested in your platform prior to spending one cent towards your campaign. Please inform of all issues you have a position on. However, also be SURE to answer the following issue items I have.

Please answer your stance on:

1. Illegal Aliens
    2. The tax "system" i.e. income vs flat vs consumption
    3. Abortion
    4. Social Security

Thank you for your time. Note, I represent a larger group of concerned citizens. I will be taking your platform information to them.

Also, these answers MUST come from Greg, and NOT from "Friends of Greg Parke" association.

J.. ..........

--------------------------------------------

NOTE I wanted to throw in enough "specific" questions to make him work for it. I know that putting "illegal aliens" is a big HINT. I probably should have used "undocumented imigrants" to make him answer a little more truthfully, but I will still see if I get a response.

Any response will be posted here.

H.

"Illegal Immigration" is such a divisive issue in both parties that I don't think candidates like to talk about it at all.

I live in Illinois and I tried to find info about Senator Obama's stance on immigration, but he had nothing about it on his website... Also, Illinois was a hot-button state on this issue... It's one of the top 5 states with illegal immigrants... Also, in the senate Republican primary race, one candidate named Oberweis came out strongly against illegal immigration, and finished in 2nd place, to many people's surprise.

I can't recall if I sent Obama an email, but I sent an email to a House candidate... The response I got provided no info about what he would do if he got elected... Also, this House candidate had nothing on his website about immigration.

My guess is that if they don't have info about immigration on their website, they don't want you to know the truth... So, supporting this candidate is just a crapshoot.

By the way, I learned what Obama's stance was this week when he co-sponsored the AgJobs amnesty... Also, he voted to keep the AgJobs amnesty with the Iraq appropriations bill... The funny thing is that I called his office one day before he cosponsored, and even then he wouldn't tell me his position.

Also, I've read that "illegal immigration" is often hardest on minorities including black people... People automatically think that a minority candidate will be concerned about minority issues, but apparently not.
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

Quote Originally Posted by lost_mummy
    My guess is that if they don't have info about immigration on their website, they don't want you to know the truth... So, supporting this candidate is just a crapshoot.
    Thus, if a candidate can NOT provide me with a suitable answer, I will provide NO support for their run.

I am currently going down the list of city council members here in the upcoming Omaha race. Most have "work days", where they go out and canvass districts. I show up (I know people in most of their organizations, so have an in). I wait until "all" of the volunteers are there (usually these work days start out with a brunch or other quicky get together prior to canvassing), and I hit them with direct questions, and do so publicly and loud enough to be heard. If the wrong answer, or NO answer, then I politely tell them (again loud enough to be HEARD), that I will provide NO support, and walk off (and usually I go with 3 or 4 others from our group). THAT makes a big impact. 2 times, I have had the candidate, stop us from leaving, and allow an impromptu debate for a couple of minutes, and both times, I DID receive a committment. NOTE that was a public commitment, so it WILL be monitored as time goes on (and they were told that publicly).

My next "work day" will be in the morning, for another city councilman. So far (up til now), Omaha has been a pretty pro-illegal place (we even have a damn consolate here ) However, the new (hopefully new) Mayor, and 4 of 9 city council (hopefully the ones to be elected), have made committments to work with our citizens group to address and solve illegal alien issues. I know that 2 of 9 (and these are 99% assured of being elected) Omaha city council are strongly OBL but they have been publicly "exposed" where before they were allowed to work in the shadows.

Again, WHENEVER you can get at an offical publicly, and push until you DO get an answer, by all means DO IT. We need to know how these people "say" they will behave, and then hold their feet to the fire, if/when they stumble from that committment.

H.

I sent this message to the "info@" listed in a message above:

Hello Greg,

I am interested in your platform prior to spending one cent towards your campaign. Please inform of all issues you have a position on. However, also be SURE to answer the following issue items I have.

Please answer your stance on:

1. Illegal Aliens
    2. The tax "system" i.e. income vs flat vs consumption
    3. Abortion
    4. Social Security

Thank you for your time. Note, I represent a larger group of concerned citizens. I will be taking your platform information to them.

Also, these answers MUST come from Greg, and NOT from "Friends of Greg Parke" association.

J.. ..........

--------------------------------------------

NOTE I wanted to throw in enough "specific" questions to make him work for it. I know that putting "illegal aliens" is a big HINT. I probably should have used "undocumented imigrants" to make him answer a little more truthfully, but I will still see if I get a response.

Any response will be posted here.

H.
    Don't accept his answer if he just merely says he's against illegal immigration or that he's tough on illegals. That won't cut it. Ask him what he plans on doing about the problem. If he talks about border security and interior enforcement your probably ok. But if he spouts off some nonsense about giving them amnesty in any phrase or code word then tell him to pack it in his behind. Also if he doesn't answer you at all then by all accounts just assume that he's all for illegal immigration and that he's a political coward because he refuses to answer you. Let us know what response you get.

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    Don't accept his answer if he just merely says he's against illegal immigration or that he's tough on illegals. That won't cut it. Ask him what he plans on doing about the problem. If he talks about border security and interior enforcement your probably ok. But if he spouts off some nonsense about giving them amnesty in any phrase or code word then tell him to pack it in his behind. Also if he doesn't answer you at all then by all accounts just assume that he's all of illegal immigration and that he's a political coward because he refuses to answer you. Let us know what response you get.
    So far, a goose egg. IF I get a reply, I will post. Also, I had planned on NOT accepting a 1/2 baked response (I certainly DO NOT when I get to ask the pollies in person).

H.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast