Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Husker
    Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    Don't accept his answer if he just merely says he's against illegal immigration or that he's tough on illegals. That won't cut it. Ask him what he plans on doing about the problem. If he talks about border security and interior enforcement your probably ok. But if he spouts off some nonsense about giving them amnesty in any phrase or code word then tell him to pack it in his behind. Also if he doesn't answer you at all then by all accounts just assume that he's all of illegal immigration and that he's a political coward because he refuses to answer you. Let us know what response you get.
    So far, a goose egg. IF I get a reply, I will post. Also, I had planned on NOT accepting a 1/2 baked response (I certainly DO NOT when I get to ask the pollies in person).

H.
    If you don't get something within two weeks, I think it would be safe to say that he won't answer your question.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

HUSKER wrote:
    I am currently going down the list of city council members here in the upcoming Omaha race. Most have "work days", where they go out and canvass districts. I show up (I know people in most of their organizations, so have an in). I wait until "all" of the volunteers are there (usually these work days start out with a brunch or other quicky get together prior to canvassing), and I hit them with direct questions, and do so publicly and loud enough to be heard. If the wrong answer, or NO answer, then I politely tell them (again loud enough to be HEARD), that I will provide NO support, and walk off (and usually I go with 3 or 4 others from our group). THAT makes a big impact. 2 times, I have had the candidate, stop us from leaving, and allow an impromptu debate for a couple of minutes, and both times, I DID receive a committment. NOTE that was a public commitment, so it WILL be monitored as time goes on (and they were told that publicly).
    BRILLIANT!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    BRILLIANT!
    Do I get a Guinness with that? :P

Quote Originally Posted by lost_mummy
    "I live in Illinois and I tried to find info about Senator Obama's stance on immigration, but he had nothing about it on his website... Also, Illinois was a hot-button state on this issue... It's one of the top 5 states with illegal immigrants... Also, in the senate Republican primary race, one candidate named Oberweis came out strongly against illegal immigration, and finished in 2nd place, to many people's surprise.
    I never understood why the Illinois Republicans didn't encourage or allow Oberweis to run as the Republican candidate for Senate when the primary winner (can't remember his name) was forced out. Going out of state and recruiting Keyes was just dumb in my opinion as I don't think Keyes really had a chance against Obama and I would have thought the native 2nd place Republican winner would not only have had a considerably better chance but also it would have been the "fair" thing to do as Oberweis ran in the primary and obviously Keyes didn't.

I've often wondered if the national Republican party didn't put pressure on Illinois to keep Oberweis out because they would have considered it an embarrasement if he would have run on an anti-illegal platform -- especially if he would have won on that platform. I guess I have no idea what went on there, but it never seemed quite right to me.

HUSKER wrote:
    Do I get a Guinness with that?
    Sweetie, if you get the job done you can have :P just about anything!

On a serious note, WAY TO GO! simple yet powerful.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHills

I never understood why the Illinois Republicans didn't encourage or allow Oberweis to run as the Republican candidate for Senate when the primary winner (can't remember his name) was forced out. Going out of state and recruiting Keyes was just dumb in my opinion as I don't think Keyes really had a chance against Obama and I would have thought the native 2nd place Republican winner would not only have had a considerably better chance but also it would have been the "fair" thing to do as Oberweis ran in the primary and obviously Keyes didn't.

I've often wondered if the national Republican party didn't put pressure on Illinois to keep Oberweis out because they would have considered it an embarrasement if he would have run on an anti-illegal platform -- especially if he would have won on that platform. I guess I have no idea what went on there, but it never seemed quite right to me.
    Illinois is kinda unique. Here the Republican party is more corrupt than the Democrats! Our former Governor is on trial, most of his staff are in jail, and it keeps on going.

Bringing in Keyes was an attempt to "prove" that outsiders can't win in Illinois. That we need to keep the crooked insiders we are stuck with now because they are the best bet we got.

IMHO, they need to put 'em all in jail and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by lost_mummy
    "I live in Illinois and I tried to find info about Senator Obama's stance on immigration, but he had nothing about it on his website... Also, Illinois was a hot-button state on this issue... It's one of the top 5 states with illegal immigrants... Also, in the senate Republican primary race, one candidate named Oberweis came out strongly against illegal immigration, and finished in 2nd place, to many people's surprise.

OMG my head hurts just thinking about that. Alan Keyes was an absolute embarrassment and a disgrace. He made me so embarrassed to even be remotely at one time associated with voting Republican all these years. Surely Keyes campaign had to be far more embarrassing then anything Oberweiss could have ever done on his worst day. Keyes was just absolutely aweful. I don't know what was worse, Keyes campaign or how the Republican party just basically surrendered the Senate seat to Obama. You would think that the Republicans or any political party for that matter would do whatever it took to win as many seats as possible. Strength in numbers right? Seriously, if you were just a blind loyalist to the Republican party and were partisan to the bone, wouldn't that move make you scratch your head at least a little bit?

I don't know if Oberweis would have won, but he would have been a far better choice then Keyes. Are the Republicans that paranoided about losing their slave labor that they are willing to lose seats in the Senate for it? What if that move cost them their Senate majority? They were willing to cut off their heads to spite their faces for the cause of open borders? Sounds like a major conspiracy to me.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Husker,

I'd be happy if you just got rid of Hagel. When he first ran for Senate (against Ben Nelson if I'm not mistaken), I voted for him and was thrilled when he won. But, I was considerably more Republican, and considerably more Nebraskan, and considerably more optimistic about the future than I am now. And, that was back in the good old days before immigration, illegal or otherwise, was much of an issue -- or at least the effects hadn't much reached Nebraska yet. Now, I would just like to see Hagel gone somewhere.

Another thing that always galled me about Nebraska was paying for the illegal alien lobbying group called the Nebraska Mexican-American Commission. It always seemed to me that it was not only wrong, but unconstitutional both in the U.S. (free speech issue) and Nebraska (unequal class issue) Constitutions to force taxpayers to pay for saying what many or even most of them didn't want to say. I would think that if the ACLU were really concerned about individual Constitutional freedoms they would be more concerned about that issue than some 50 year old rock with some religious significance in the Plattsmouth city park that everybody was free to ignore anyway.

I assume that you really aren't in Gretna, the Holy Town, or has Omaha urban sprawl gotten so bad that it gobbled up Gretna too?

Husker,

I'd be happy if you just got rid of Hagel.
    I will work REALLY hard at that. I did some "covert" work to help get Thune past the hordes of dead indians which seemed to rise up from no where every time Dashel had to be voted on.

I will do all I (and 100's/1000's of other can) to make SURE Hagel becomes a common citizen. If possible, we are going to try to get him out early, as I don't think this country can wait until '08 to get rid of him from office.

I assume that you really aren't in Gretna, the Holy Town, or has Omaha urban sprawl gotten so bad that it gobbled up Gretna too?
    I do live in Gretna. The mob IS getting nearer every month, and gretna has tripled in population in the last 10 years.

The "holy Christian town" is simply in response to Holy this, or Holy that. Heck, a camel watering hole (oasis) over there gets a "holy" moniker added to it. Why not MY town also It is holy to me!

H.

Well, I am off to cause trouble (or find a new allegence, not sure which), for a city councilman of Omaha. Time to hold some feet to the fire, and ask REAL questions, which REAL answers are demanded.

H.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast