Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jobs Americans Won't Do: An Open Letter to President Bush

NOTE: I checked the search function to make sure this open letter wasn't already posted in this forum and didn't see it. This is two months old now. Since this is the Eve of 9/11 and an estimated 500,000 to one million Katrina victims are homeless and jobless (and will almost likely be competing with illegal aliens for jobs in construction, etc.), I thought this is a good time to post this open letter to Booshie. I really like the way the letter writer addresses Booshie as "Dear George" instead of "Dear Mr. President." Booshie has lost any small status he had in my views too, and they were already of a VERY SMALL status even before he was elected (note: his competitors who I did vote for both elections I now realize were not much better. If they would have even been a small fraction better than Booshie - well, no one will know now.) Impeach Booshie! Impeach! Impeach!

http://www.911fsa.org/articles/let2005jul06.html

Jobs Americans Won't Do? An Open Letter To President George W. Bush
    By Peter Gadiel, 9/11 Families for a Secure America, July 6, 2005

George W. Bush
    President of the United States
    1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
    Washington, D.C.

Dear George:

You have often said that, because Mexicans are "doing jobs Americans won't do", you won't enforce the laws on immigration that you swore an oath to uphold.

I thought you needed some enlightenment, so the following is an actual, nearly word-for-word record conversation I had recently while filling my gas tank in Danbury, Connecticut.

At the next pump, a fellow was filling his truck's tank. On the door was the name of a landscaping business. I asked him if competition from competitors who hire illegal aliens was damaging his business.

With not another word from me, his volunteered response was:

"No, I used to get 'em through a contractor at $30.00 per hour. He'd get fifteen and they'd get fifteen. Then he disappeared. Now I get 'em direct. Fifteen per hour is a lot to pay for someone who doesn't speak English, doesn't have a social security card, isn't paying taxes and is here illegally."

Imagine George, all that information offered freely. To paraphrase our conversation:

Me: "How's business?"

Him: "I'm a crook evading the law, hiring other crooks and all together we evade immigration, income taxes, workmen's comp, unemployment taxes. And I'm mad because I'm not making more money."

George, isn't this a wonderful country? You refuse to enforce the law, and millions refuse to obey it.

It's just grand, isn't it?

Now, I know you'd call these landscaping jobs the sort that "Americans won't do." I guess that, because illegals who can evade taxes are doing them, for you that's proof of your statement.

But here's a surprise for you. Many years ago, I did that kind of workâ€â€
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Gardening is one of America's favorite hobbies and has a long proud tradition behind it. It is considered to be a craft and an art in it's higher forms it is a profession landscaping design. If the jobs were not treated as dead end and poorly compensated there would be a lot ore people here legally doing it.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Gardening is one of America's favorite hobbies and has a long proud tradition behind it. It is considered to be a craft and an art in it's higher forms it is a profession landscaping design. If the jobs were not treated as dead end and poorly compensated there would be a lot ore people here legally doing it.
    You are right about gardening/landscaping. During my growing up years, the simpler tasks such as mowing lawns largely employed teenagers. No more I don't believe. I also knew many people throughout my life who were employed in construction in one form or another and they were proud of their work as should be, and it used to be an honorable profession that paid decent wages and benefits. Not anymore because I hear many construction jobs go to illegal aliens and ditto for landscaping. I've personally seen landscapers at work in the town I live in who appear to be mostly hispanic (and I don't live in one of the border states). Sometimes they appear to be the majority instead of whites or blacks. I've been noting the company name on the trucks for some time and have noted one company name in particular. How do you know their illegal? Well, you don't. But since the state I live in (as is the situation for just about every state in the union) the majority of hispanics are here illegally. So, I will report soon and hope for the best. I will also notify the largest and richest church in our town where I've seen this landscaping company working. I'd like to know if the church is aware that they may potentially be hiring "undocumented workers" at the expense of "legal citizens" through the landscaping company they hire, and paid for by "love offerings" from their fellowship.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me