Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John McCain

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett0214
    He was a war hero once, now, as a republicMex he is a disgrace.
    Actually what he was was a POW. That's what he received all his medals and decorations for.

I don't think that being a POW automatically makes a person a "war hero".

On October 27, 1967, four days after being shot down, McCain called for a North Vietnamese guard. He told the officer, "O.K., I'll give you military information if you will take me to the hospital." -U.S. News and World Report, May 14, 1973 article written by former POW John McCain

McCain was taken to Gai Lam military hospital. (U.S. government documents) "Demands for military information were accompanied by threats to terminate my medical treatment if I [McCain] did not cooperate. Eventually, I gave them my ship's name and squadron number, and confirmed that my target had been the power plant." Page 193-194, Faith of My Fathers by John McCain

On Nov. 9, 1967, Hanoi press began quoting the seriously injured McCain giving specific military information.

One report dated read, "To a question of the correspondent, McCain answered: 'My assignment to the Oriskany, I told myself, was due to serious losses in pilots, which were sustained by this aircraft carrier (due to its raids on the North Vietnam territory - VNA) and which necessitated replacements.

"'From 10 to 12 pilots were transferred like me from the Forrestal to the Oriskany.

"'Before I was shot down, we had made several sorties. Altogether, I made about 23 flights over North Vietnam.'"

In that report, McCain was quoted describing the number of aircraft in his flight, information about rescue ships, and the order of which his attack was supposed to take place.
    http://www.usvetdsp.com/mcainmdl.htm
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

The $250-a-plate breakfast, which included an opportunity to be photographed with McCain for $1,000, was expected to raise at least $65,000 for Bilbray's campaign.
    Pay McCain $1000 for a photograph with him???? Yeah, right, this boob would have to pay ME $1000.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12