Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Karl Rove to Speak on CNN at 7 PM

I just heard Wolf Blitzer say that Karl Rove is going to speak out for the first time since the investigation on his program at 7. Or, at least, they will be carrying it then. THAT should be interesting!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Thanks for the Heads Up Bootsie!

Rest assured, I'll be tuned in.

Nothing like watching a worm squirm.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This should be VERY entertaining.

Lou Dobbs is going to have something that interests us but I forgot what it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was trying to listen and type at the same time and I'm not good at multi-tasking!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I hope SOMEBODY heard Karl Rove because I fell asleep before he ever came on. I HATE it when they promote something as if it's going to be the FIRST STORY and they drag on about everything BUT what they SAID they were going to have. If anyone stayed awake long enough to hear him, update us!!

I heard him. He was speaking to the now get this:

FEDERALIST SOCIETY

What in the heck is a federalist society? A bunch of federalists? Rove tried to make a bunch of federalists jokes that I swear I didn't get one of them. In fact, the guy freaked me out. He's totally WEIRD!! There is no connection when you hear him speak at least to this group to us. I was sitting there wondering "who in the world is in the crowd" and concluded it was unanimously a bunch of federalists.

Rove said he was a member of the Federalist Society when he was in college. He said he was from Texas. A Texas Federalist.

Bush is supposed to be a Republican which is the complete opposite of Federalist yet he doesn't make a move or make a decision unless and until it has been decided by Rove, a self-confessed Federalist.

I think Federalist is an antique version of Globalist.

No Wonder None of the Real Republicans are happy and the GOP is now a sinking ship.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We need to investigate this Federalist Society because, if you will remember, that came up when John Roberts was going through the confirmation process. They said he was a member when he was much younger and he denied it. At least, he said he never REMEMBERED being a member. I just ASSUMED it was an ULTRA CONSEVATIVE group and, if Karl Rove is any example, it might just be that.

I will look it up and see what I can find. Thanks for the update!

This description is from the Federalist Society Website.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founded in 1982, the Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies is a group of conservatives and libertarians dedicated to reforming the current legal order. We are committed to the principles that the state exists to preserve freedom, that the separation of governmental powers is central to our Constitution, and that it is emphatically the province and duty of the judiciary to say what the law is, not what it should be. The Society seeks to promote awareness of these principles and to further their application through its activities.
    In its mission and purpose, the Federalist Society is unique. By providing a forum for legal experts of opposing views to interact with members of the legal profession, the judiciary, law students, academics, and the architects of public policy, the Society has redefined the terms of legal debate. Our expansion in membership, chapters, and program activity has been matched by the rapid growth of the Society's reputation and the quality and influence of our events. We have fostered a greater appreciation for the role of separation of powers; federalism; limited, constitutional government; and the rule of law in protecting individual freedom and traditional values. Overall, the Society's efforts are improving our present and future leaders' understanding of the principles underlying American law.
    The Society is a membership organization that features a Student Division, a Lawyers Division, and a newly-established Faculty Division. The Student Division includes more than 5,000 law students at approximately 180 ABA-accredited law schools, including all of the top twenty law schools. The national office provides speakers and other assistance to the chapters in organizing their lectures, debates, and educational activities.
    The Lawyers Division is comprised of over 20,000 legal professionals and others interested in current intellectual and practical developments in the law. It has active chapters in sixty cities, including Washington, D.C., New York, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, San Francisco, Denver, Atlanta, Houston, Pittsburgh, Seattle, and Indianapolis. Activities include the annual National Lawyers Convention, a Speakers Bureau for organizing lectures and debates, and 15 Practice Groups.
    The Federalist Society established its Faculty Division in early 1999 with a conference that was attended by many of the rising stars in the legal academy. The objective of the Faculty Division is to provide events and other tools to help encourage constructive academic discourse. This encouragement will help foster the growth and development of rigorous traditional legal scholarship.
    Finally, the Federalist Society provides opportunities for effective participation in the public policy process. The Society’s ongoing programs encourage our members to involve themselves more actively in local, state-wide, and national affairs and to contribute more productively to their communities.

Well, I guess my original assessment was off the mark. I wonder why anyone would have a problem with a Supreme Court Justice being a member of this?? The part I like the most was the separation of powers. It doesn't look like this administration believes in THAT ONE! Am I missing something???

Thanks Bootise!!

Odd isn't it? Rove's speech to them yesterday did not sound at all symbiotic with what these people say they stand for according to their website.

More Ironies and Opposites perhaps??

We need to keep an "eye" on the Federalist Society and see just what they are really up to.

I agree. I think there is a lot more to that than meets the eye. WHY would it have been made an issue in the Roberts' nomination??? AND, WHY is ROVE there??? I mean, would you WANT someone to speak before THAT TYPE of organization if there was a chance he would be INDICTED the next day???? Something doesn't smell right here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast