Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Karl Rove Speaks Out Against Arizona Immigration Law

Oh well squeal squeal squeal.....isn't it wonderful when you see who is on what side of the fence....

Karl Rove Speaks Out Against Arizona Immigration Law
    Posted by Stephanie Condon 58 comments

Karl Rove, who served as chief political strategist for former President George W. Bush, is the latest Republican to speak out against Arizona's controversial new immigration law, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

"I think there is going to be some constitutional problems with the bill," Rove reportedly said at a senior community center in The Villages, Forida, where he made a stop on his book tour. "I wished they hadn't passed it, in a way."

Arizona's new law, signed by the governor on Friday, would require immigrants to carry documents verifying their immigration status. It would also require police officers to question a person about his or her immigration status if there is "reasonable suspicion" that person may be illegally in the country.

The law has created a challenge for Republicans who want to prove to their conservative base they are tough on immigration without alienating Latino voters, and a rift in the party has developed over how to respond to the law. Like Rove, GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.) has questioned the constitutionality of the law, while Marco Rubio, the expected GOP Senate candidate in Florida, and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush has expressed reservations about it. By contrast, Arizona's Republican Sen. John McCain has refrained from criticizing the new measure, while House Minority Leader John Boehner has said the state's preferences should be respected.

While McCain has called the law a "good tool," Rove by contrast, reportedly said, "At the end of the day ... I think there are better tools."

Rove, however, took issue with the notion that the law will lead to racial profiling, the Sentinel reports.

"These are modern police forces that respect the rights of people in their communities," Rove said. "They're going to do it on the basis of reasonable suspicion that these people are here illegally, like they're driving a car with a Mexican license plate or they can't speak English or they don't have a drivers license."

President Obama, meanwhile, has come out swinging against the law, arguing it will make it "really tough on people who look like they, quote, might be illegal immigrants."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... 03544.html

Kathyet

I think it's obvious that the "people at the top" are all in this global government and "free passage of goods and labor across borders" thing together. As soon as the Tea Party movement and national polls made it clear that the American people were going to organize themselves to remove far leftist elected officials from office, FOX News began briniging out the same old Republicans like Karl Rove who had advised Geo. Bush, who led the country into a pre-emptive war, spent during his Administration the entire budget surpus which had been built up under Clinton, and drove the country back into deficiet spending, to speak to this "development".

I think the country needs to make clear to Republicans, also, that people want a return to and establshment of a national policy of fiscal responsiblity in addition to the political transparancy which was promised, but is not being delivered, by Obama.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Karl Rove Speaks Out Against Arizona Immigration Law

Quote Originally Posted by kathyet
    Rove by contrast, reportedly said, "At the end of the day ... I think there are better tools."
    Rove should know all about tools because he is a "tool!!"

He's one of the neocon boneheads that got us into the messes we're in now, both domestically and internationally.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

According to the Center for Immigration Studies here:
    http://cis.org/Announcement/AZ-Immigration-SB1070

The AZ law mirrors Federal law.
    •The new Arizona law mirrors federal law, which already requires aliens (non-citizens) to register and carry their documents with them (8 USC 1304(e) and 8 USC 1306(a)).
    Furthermore:
    [quote]•Before asking a person about immigration status, law enforcement officials are required by the law to have “reasonable suspicionâ€
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

I already knew he was on the anti-American Globalist side of the fence.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    I already knew he was on the anti-American Globalist side of the fence.
    I know me to but I love to pound it home...hehehe

Kathyet

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz

•The new Arizona law mirrors federal law, which already requires aliens (non-citizens) to register and carry their documents with them (8 USC 1304(e) and 8 USC 1306(a)).
    Furthermore:
    [quote]•Before asking a person about immigration status, law enforcement officials are required by the law to have “reasonable suspicionâ€

Quote Originally Posted by hardlineconstitutionalist
    Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz

Furthermore:

All those at the top of the government and most politicians are high rank fremasons and other shit. All with the same goals and agenda. Do not trust any of them.

Rove is incompetent and that was reflected in the way he advised Bush. Now he's unemployed and trying to sell a book that no one in his right mind would want to read. But he'll probably sell a few copies down at the dollar store. Now you know why the Republican Party Leadership is dysfunctional, too many guys like Rove.