Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

La Fiesta del Pueblo

La Fiesta del Pueblo is the largest Latin American Festival in the Carolinas. It has grown from an attendance of 2,000 in 1994 to 60,000 in 2004. Through La Fiesta, El Pueblo has brought the arts and cultures of Latin America and the Caribbean to hundreds of thousands of people during the past ten years.
    Check out who their sponsor are.....

http://www.elpueblo.org/events/lafiesta/sponsorseng.htm

I wonder how many of the 60,000 are illegal. Since we have at least 300,000 illegals in the state. Why don’t they set ICE up a booth there. See How Many people show up. I am tempted to start up a program called ICE or INS and see if I can sponsor the event. How many people would show up then? Would they use the logo we create on their web site and printed materials?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

http://www.elpueblo.org/executivedirectorposition.htm

Executive Director

El Pueblo, Inc.

About The Organization

El Pueblo is a North Carolina statewide advocacy and public policy organization dedicated to strengthening the Latino community. The organization has a strong record of community leadership and work from the local to the national level. In existence since 1994, El Pueblo has an annual operating budget of $1.2 million, 23 staff of diverse backgrounds and ages, and a strong and involved Board of Directors. Its office is located in downtown Raleigh.

Main programs and initiatives of the organization include:

· Advocacy Initiative, which includes lobbying at the state and federal levels;

· Health Programs, (including a promotores project, a breast cancer education project, and health policy work;

· Cultural Program, which organizes La Fiesta del Pueblo festival yearly;

· Leadership Development with an annual leadership conference, El Foro Latino;

· Youth Program, currently focusing on tobacco prevention, leadership and education;

· Public Safety Campaign, in collaboration with law enforcement and the community; and

· Literacy project for families and children.

El Pueblo’s model of work is one that focuses on capacity-building and leadership development. The organization works through agencies, groups and new and established organizations (Latino and non-Latino) to achieve its mission.

Position Description:

The Executive Director is the person appointed by the Board of Directors to provide leadership toward the achievement of the organization's mission and strategic goals

The Executive Director serves as the chief executive officer the organization and works in partnership with the Board to articulate its vision, strategic direction and program focus. He or she plays a vital and visible role serving as spokesperson, lobbyist and supervisor of programs. The ED is in charge of all of El Pueblo’s operations including fundraising and personnel management. The Executive Director reports to the El Pueblo Board Chair.

Major areas of responsibility include:

External Relations

· Serve as the official spokesperson for the organization

· Ensure that El Pueblo’s programs are well covered in the media (English and Spanish)

· Sustain a positive image for the organization

· Conduct trainings and serve as a regular speaker at various settings, in English and Spanish, local, statewide, and nationally

Advocacy

· Develop and implement a legislative agenda at the state and federal levels

· Ensure that El Pueblo’s public policy standings are in the best interest of the community

· Serve as a registered lobbyist at the General Assembly

· Develop cordial relationships with a bipartisan and diverse coalition of groups and policy makers

· Supervise the Advocacy Initiative staff and contract lobbyists

Program Supervision

· Ensure that all programs are well-staffed and well-run

· Ensure that all programs meet budget and programmatic expectations

· Supervise programs as appropriate

· Develop new programs as needed

Fundraising

· Ensure that the organization has the appropriate resources to implement its work

· Develop a sustainable fundraising plan that includes individual, corporate, foundation and government grants

Board Relations

· Develop a productive working relationship with the Board

· Together with the Board Chair, ensure that the Board meets its responsibilities

· Plan and implement a yearly retreat for the Board

· Staff the regular Board meetings

· Staff or ensure that staff is assigned to each Board Committee, which includes Executive, Nominating, Finance, Strategic Planning and Fundraising

Finances/Compliance

· Develop and manage annual budgets.

· Ensure compliance with all IRS, relevant state and other finance and accounting laws, rules and procedures

· Supervise the work of El Pueblo’s bookkeeper.

· Create and maintain sound financial practices

· Oversee external annual audit.

Human Resources

· Hire, train, support, evaluate and supervise staff & consultants to ensure that El Pueblo functions efficiently and effectively

· Assume responsibility for creating a positive work environment for staff and volunteers.

· Maintain sound human resources policies and practices.

Skills/Background

* At least five years of progressively responsible work experience in the Latino community.
    * Bicultural/Bilingual. Proven excellent bilingual skills (English and Spanish) both oral and written.

· Strategic planning, management and fundraising experience at a senior level required.

· Knowledge of non-profit governance standards and practice, including experience working with a non-profit board of directors required

· Excellent analytic, writing and oral communications skills.

· College degree required. Graduate degree preferred.

Attributes

· Strong commitment to and passion for the mission of El Pueblo

· Inspiring, nurturing leader

· Magnet for talent who knows how to motivate and mentor

· Ability to manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment

· Flexible, creative and possessing a sense of humor

· Respectful and empowering manager

· Collaborator who builds alliances

· Outstanding communicator with all audiences

· Sets goals, measures progress

Timeline
    Review of applicants will begin immediately. Position open until appropriate candidate is identified.

To Apply

Please send a cover letter and resume outlining experience and skills via email to the address below. The cover letter should be in English and Spanish.

Rebecca Reyes, Chair, Search Committee

Email: rreyes1@nc.rr.com

No phone calls please.

This is a confidential search process.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a secret, shhh, don’t tell anyone.

Okay, I just applied. I do hope I get the Job.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Good luck, JP!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks Legal. I am not to Keen about livng that close to W. But hey it could be a great opportunity.

CC: melanie@elpueblo.org

Re: Executive Director Question

Diego,
    I invite and encourage you to go to el pueblo website: elpueblo.org You will see our mission statement along some of the work we do on behalf of immigrants. It is not the habit of el pueblo staff or community to inquire about anyone's immigration status. El Pueblo has advocated for the rights of immigrants and their families.
    If you would like further conversation on this please call me at 9196682193.
    Rebecca Reyes, chairperson
    El Pueblo Search Committee

----- Original Message -----
    Date: Wednesday, September 7, 2005 3:00 pm
    Subject: Executive Director Question

> Hello,
    >
    > I am interested in the Executive Director position with El Pueblo,
    > Could you tell me what El Pueblo's position is on supporting those
    > immigrants who enter the country without authorization?
    >
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Diego