Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I would sure agree with you, Defens--EXCEPT for ONE. My Representative, Howard Coble--can stay. The rest can go as far as I'm concerned. Only problem is--what are we going to find to replace those that we vote out??? I really am beginning to believe that they are ALL alike. Once they get elected, they proceed with THEIR agenda--NOT the agenda of their constituents. And, it's like they walk into those hallowed halls and immediately get infected with the corruption disease.

I know one thing--I will NOT vote for ANYONE who has remotely aligned themselves with the Bush administration. I voted for him in 2000 but, by 2004, I had already seen the secrecy, deception, etc. in the White House and I did not vote for him. I really like Tancredo but I also like Joe Biden because I feel that he tells it like it is. He never falters. He sure doesn't flip-flop and he doesn't mind ruffling a few feathers. But, as far as his stand on illegal immigration, I really haven't heard him say so I would have to hear how he would choose to deal with that important issue.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

OK, Coble can stay!!!!!!
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

Thanks! BUT-----------we'll wait and see what he does on CAFTA. SO FAR, he has said he does not support it BUT.............................
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I agree Rep. Coble is a very good representative. Unforutnately, I'm not in his district.

I think the lack of funding is only an excuse for not having a secure border. I don't think the intent is there. I say that because when volunteers answered the call, instead of being thanked for their service to their country, they were ridiculed by being called 'vigilanties'. That speaks volumes for someone who is supposed to be upholding immigration laws and supposedly wanting higher security in this country. It makes no sense to wait until potential threats enter the country after they get here as opposed to trying to keep them out in the first place. This isn't a game or it shouldn't be one. I think a mentally challenged person would know better than to keep the borders unsecure and then possibly chase them down only after having knowledge of it after the fact. It makes no sense to only check airline passenger arriving in this country and leave the borders so open and unsecure. It doesn't take a genius or rocket scientist to figure out the way in is via the unsecure borders. I can almost guarantee you that some terrorist have slipped in via the unsecure borders. Why would we waste $$ finding them out and chasing them down rather than stopping them at a secure border? IT MAKES NO SENSE. Is there anyone in Washington inside or outside the beltway that could answer that question? If there is, I'm all ears! I want to hear this explaination. Please step up to the plate. Your country as you know it is at stake.

Here is my explaination. It is two-fold; 1) The president is a illegal sympathizer and wants their votes, 2) the business men have bought enough elected officials off and they have told the politicians that for them to make their millions, they must have cheaper labor costs and therefore send us all the cheap labor you can. The consequences of which to the legal workers will not be discussed. Each man or woman on his/her own. This type of reasoning is like a house of cards. Once this starts going down, nothing is sacred.

As far as CRAPTA is concerned, IMHO, it is a another disaster waiting to be heaped on the American worker then shoved down our throats or up our rear just like NAFTA was. I live in an area that once was populated with textile and furniture manufacturing. Once NAFTA was passed, textiles went south to Mexico and furniture to China. The only thing the American workers got was the shaft and more illegals to support. Our lawmakers are working for special interest groups instead of the voters. The voters are being sold down the river for pennies on the dollar. When the house of cards falls, tell me just who is supposed to pick up the pieces? To be sure, it will not be the business community who so richly was rewarded with NAFTA/CRAPTA, it will not be the special interest groups who lobbied for the rich business community, it certainly will not be the illegals who came here in droves, it will not be the Mexican government, nor the government of China nor will it be our President. We are already running budget deficits sky high with no end in sight. The trade deficit is draining the economy at an alarming rate and the hour glass is ticking. It is just a matter of time.......

I'm looking for a politician who can't be bought off or is afraid of the ACLU. Anybody seen one? Mr. Tancredo are you listening??? Please step up to the plate! WE NEED YOU MORE THAN EVER!
    I wonder how many illegals got their NC driver licenses renewed last week? President Bush needs to protect the borders not illegals. President Bush is a coward and guilty of treason when it comes to securing the borders.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12