Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    Growing up in a multiculture and being friends with the old breed of Hispanics I am sad to say that I have recently came to the conclusion that I will never again vote for anyone with a Hispanic surname.
    I can't say this. What about people like Raymond Herrera (ex-Marine, combat Vietnam War vet and Minutemen activist)? What about people like Colonel Al Rodriguez (founder of You Don't Speak for Me). I respect both these patriotic americans and I'm positive there are others.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Sam-I-am wrote:

I can't say this. What about people like Raymond Herrera (ex-Marine, combat Vietnam War vet and Minutemen activist)? What about people like Colonel Al Rodriguez (founder of You Don't Speak for Me). I respect both these patriotic americans and I'm positive there are others
    Rationally I know you are right, but in my heart I am just hurt and distrustful. Growing up thinking we were all Americans, that ethnic origin or surname meant nothing. I am having a hard time dealing with the fact that I might have been wrong. The one thing I hate most is that this situation has busted my bubble. Gone are the days when I thought no matter what my neighbors, my politicans loved American and the American tradition as much as I do.

BE SURE TO CLICK ON LINK TO ADD YOUR COMMENTS OR WRITE A LETTER TO:

letters@ocregister.com

http://www.ocregister.com/opinion/illeg ... center-use

Friday, November 30, 2007
    Editorial: Judge correctly clears Laguna Beach center
    Anti-illegal-immigration activists lose a battle in Laguna Beach over day-labor center.

An Orange County Register editorial
    Comments 0 | Recommend 0

We're not ones to support public funding of many things, but it was hard to buy the argument made by two members of the anti-illegal-immigration Minuteman Project that Laguna Beach's city-funded day-labor center was illegal because illegal immigrants use it. Well, illegal immigrants use the roads, parks, schools and other public facilities, so it was no surprise that an Orange County Superior Court judge struck down the lawsuit.
    According to published reports, the judge said that there was no way to prove that illegal immigrants use the center because the center does not ask for proof of immigration status, and that governments cannot be penalized for supposedly harboring illegal immigrants. The day-labor center in Laguna Beach has a bit of a contentious history, after a land-use battle over the site the city leases from the state. But this court battle was an attempt by activists, backed by a conservative judicial group, to bring the immigration debate to the local level.
    In general, day-labor centers strike us as a reasonable, although far from perfect, way to deal with a legitimate public problem: what to do about immigrant day workers looking to get hired for various construction and gardening projects. Most of these workers are no doubt here illegally, as a past Register report concluded. But cities have only limited means to deal with the national immigration issue. They do have legitimate concerns about people who create traffic nuisances or who trespass on private property. The day-labor center provides an orderly way for people to sell their services to willing contractors and homeowners.
    In an ideal world, private companies (perhaps some place such as Home Depot) would maintain and operate or at least fund these centers, although liability issues could be problematic. But in the meantime, we can think of worse ideas than having a place for day laborers to solicit work and better ways for activists against illegal immigration to pursue their cause.

First people need to stop taking things personal, people need to be honest and tell it like it is or you will never wake up America, ignoring a problem or sugar coating it will not change a thing.

I don't believe California is lost I believe it can be taken back, saved and turned into the once great state it once was.

I was born in Alhambra Calif, but left in 1980 why, because I could see what was happening and the people (Voters) (citizens) were not fighting back, they were being lead by politicans who told them they had to be diverse, so they allowed these people to lead them by the nose, as many other states have done and are doing right now.

It started with the schools for (Example) politicians said we need diversity in the schools, well you got it, I could see what was happening 25 years ago, now how many schools are 70 to 80 percent Hispanic, is anybody yelling about diversity now, no, so in other words diversity means any race can be the majority, as long as the Majority is not white.

We are all aware Calif. has alot of wonderful people my sister included, by waking up other states to what has happen to the southwest and Southeast, the more people in America we will wake up, and the more people you will have fighting on your side. So if it takes calling Calif. Texas and New Mexico and Florida a cess pool of 3rd world invaders, so be it, it is the truth.

Reality is harsh somethimes, but If you don't wake up the citizens in your states (since they are the voters) and get rid of the politicians who are running the states and not fighting for the citzens, you are screwed, and sugar coating it will not help get the job done!
    "The Truth Shall set you Free" Worry more about how to fix it and less about what people say."Sticks and Stones" remember!!

Keep in mind you still have a beautiful state that is worth saving and "Remember the Alamo" Man I am full of them today huh!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234