Like Tree9Likes

Thread: THE LATEST: REPORT SAYS TRUMP CALLED WHITE HOUSE A 'DUMP'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

THE LATEST: REPORT SAYS TRUMP CALLED WHITE HOUSE A 'DUMP'

THE LATEST: REPORT SAYS TRUMP CALLED WHITE HOUSE A 'DUMP'

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Latest on President Donald Trump (all times EDT):
    7:15 p.m.
    President Donald Trump has told members of his New Jersey golf club that he spends so much time away from Washington because the White House is a "real dump."

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment about the account, which appeared in a lengthy article posted on the website golf.com. The story on Trump's complicated love for golf also appears in Sports Illustrated magazine.

The story recounts a scene in which Trump was chatting with some club members. Trump told the members he makes such frequent appearances at the property in Bedminster, New Jersey, because: "That White House is a real dump."

Trump has spent nearly every weekend of his presidency visiting various properties he owns and leases, including Bedminster.

--
    11 a.m.
    President Donald Trump may be trying for a reset in the West Wing, but he is making clear that he is not changing his twitter habit.

On Twitter Tuesday, Trump said: "Only the Fake News Media and Trump enemies want me to stop using Social Media (110 million people). Only way for me to get the truth out!"

The tweet came one day after retired Gen. John Kelly took over as Trump's new chief of staff. Tapped to bring order to the chaotic West Wing, Kelly quickly made his presence known Monday - ousting newly appointed communications director Anthony Scaramucci and revising the command structure so that all senior staffers report to him.

Trump told golf club members that the White House is 'a real dump'
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

well Mr President have your wife fix the wh up she has class she know what to fix your home in nyc look great & in flor also you & your wife has good taste
    Good luck

I don't think Trump really said that about the White House, maybe about some of the private living areas which they are redecorating/remodeling. But not about the great portions of the White House that we know.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Hmm, if he did actually say it ......... sounds very unpresidential to me. IMO, he should relish the honor of living in the White House and the history it represents. After all, it is the people's House.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well...considering the previous occupants...
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    Well...considering the previous occupants...
    Rumor has it that another golf club said it reeks of a sulfur smell!

LOL!! Hey that sulfur-smell is like rotten eggs. I think there was plenty of those around the White House last 2 terms, rotten to the core and stinking to high heaven. Everyone may not be as supportive of this President Trump as I and many others are, but this President is a Dream Boat compared to what we've had in the White House for the past 40+ years.
    Last edited by Judy; 08-02-2017 at 02:13 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Reporter: Here’s the story behind Trump’s dismissing White House as a ‘dump’

Gabby KaufmanStaff Writer
    ,Yahoo NewsAugust 3, 2017

President Trump waves to well-wishers as he arrives at the U.S. Women’s Open Golf Championship at Trump National Golf Course in Bedminster, N.J., July 15, 2017. (Photo: Saul Loeb/AFP/Getty Images) More

President Trump pushed back Wednesday against a report that he had called the White House a “dump” with a tweet extolling the presidential residence.

“I love the White House, one of the most beautiful buildings (homes) I have ever seen.

But Fake News said I called it a dump – TOTALLY UNTRUE,” Trump tweeted Wednesday night.

The president was referring to a Golf magazine article,published online earlier in the day, that claimed he told members of his Bedminster, N.J., golf club, “That White House is a real dump.”

In a companion podcast,
    the reporter who wrote the story, Alan Shipnuck, said he received a “confrontational and rude” phone call from White House aide Hope Hicks, who demanded the line be retracted. Shipnuck said he told her, “It’s not a lie. The president said this in front of eight or nine members and staffers at [Trump] Bedminster. It was his first visit to the club after he had been residing in the White House. It was a moment of candor.”

Shipnuck added that at a later visit to Bedminster, “two or three different other sources” corroborated the story.

“This is certainly a moment that has already passed into legend at Trump Bedminster,” he said.

Trump and the White House have an occasionally tenuous relationship with the truth. On Wednesday, for example, White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders admitted that, despite Trump’s claims, neither the head of the Boy Scouts of America nor Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto had recent phone calls with the commander in chief.

Given Trump’s love of golf, it’s likely that more sports reporters will get angry calls from the White House.

Since taking up residence at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Trump has continued to enjoy frequent visits to his own golf resorts.

He’s set to clear out from the West Wing and embark on a 17-day vacation to Bedminster Friday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/reporter-...130919204.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn