Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Latinas and Lexus' at the Goodwill As Is Store

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Latinas and Lexus' at the Goodwill As Is Store

I just stopped into a large Goodwill As-Is store about a half mile from my home. Of course this store always has a sizable contingent of immigrant shoppers. There are bulk discounts when someone buys over 25 lbs, or over 50 lbs. Sometime the shoppers will combine their loads to get the discount. I have seen shopping carts filled with shoes---and presumable these are resold, since they can be bought for as little as $2 pair.

So in the check out line (I bought one thing for work that cost $3.00) there were two Latinas. The first had nearly 25 pounds, but also an optional item. 25 lbs or less would cost $2.19 pound, but the clerk suggested contributing the optional item, bringing the total to more than 25 lbs but at a lower rate of $1.29 lb. She left with three kids in tow.

The next Latina was only buying a few things, so no great discount, but she put it on a debit card. Then she left the store and got into a brand new Lexus driven by a middle aged white man. I'm guessing that she is a domestic, and he had driven her to the Goodwill to get some bargains. Maybe even provided the debit card, who knows?

When I buy something there it is usually only a few things, so I am paying the higher rate. Extension cords, tarps, blankets. Never up to the 25 lb. cutoff. But a lot of the people select quite a lot and get the discount. But even at the higher rate I am getting something for 10-20 percent of what some fool paid for it a few years previous. The people buying the large quantities are paying less than 10 percent of the new cost.

My point is: These people are not poor! They get all kinds of advice and cooperation on saving, and getting money. Plus, in our culture there are so many social programs paying benefits to you--if your income is around 2000-2200 per month. And that is 'reported' income. The US underground economy has nearly doubled since 2000, along with the amount of unpaid federal tax.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They are scavengers who then go sell the stuff at swap meets!

Give them nothing.

They also take free clothes from the Churches and then they sell them.

CLOSE THE BORDER...SEND THEM ALL HOME
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL