Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Leaked Memorandum: Identify and remove any alien collecting public benefits

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Leaked Memorandum: Identify and remove any alien collecting public benefits

**Leaked Memorandum: Has not been signed yet

Protecting Taxpayer Resources by Ensuring Our Immigration Law Promote Accountability and Responsibility” Draft Executive Order Summary

Posted by FAIR Gov't Relations Team | Immigration Blog Posts, Trump Administration

President Donald Trump has issued several Executive Orders and Memos this week regarding immigration – below is our summary of the draft order regarding “Protecting Taxpayer Resources by Ensuring Our Immigration Law Promote Accountability and Responsibility”

Recognizes that our immigration laws are designed to protect the American taxpayers and promote immigrant self-sufficiency.

• Under INA 212(a)(4) an alien is supposed to be inadmissible if he is likely to become a public charge. Despite this clear statute, it was previously never enforced.
    • The Trump administration’s policy is to deny admission to an alien who is likely to become a public charge; identify and remove those who became public charges; and seek reimbursement for costs of federal mean-tested public benefits from immigrant’s sponsors.

Directs the DHS Secretary to:

• Propose a rule to provide standards to determine which aliens are inadmissible or deportable on public-charge grounds.
    • Propose a rule to provide standards for determining whether an alien within five years of entry is deportable for becoming a public charge.
    • Propose a rule that defines “mean-tested public benefits” for federal benefits programs, require reimbursement from the alien’s sponsor, and include all federal programs where eligibility is determined based on financial need.
    • Submit a report on steps to take to combat “birth tourism.”

Directs the Secretary of Treasury to propose a rule that requires taxpayers to submit their social security number and that of their qualifying children to claim the Child Tax Credit.

• Currently, illegal aliens are exploiting this tax credit because the IRS accepts ITIN, which the federal government regularly hands out to illegal aliens.

Directs the Secretary of State to:

• Provide a report on the long-term costs of the Refugee Admission Program at the federal, state and local levels.
    • Amend the Foreign Affairs Manual so it is consistent with the public charge policy.

Directs the Director of the Office of Management and Budget:

• Provide a report on the amount of federal tax dollar savings that would be realized if aliens only received public benefits under the restrictions of PRWORA compared to the current, more expansive distribution of benefits.
      • The report also will calculate the amount of money the government would save if alien sponsors reimburse the federal government for the means-tested benefits the alien received.
      • Provide a report on the savings to the federal government if alien sponsors reimburse the federal government for the federal means-tested benefits received by their sponsored aliens.
      • Provide a report on how the savings from enforcing the public charge law can be invested in impoverished American communities, including inner-city communities and disadvantaged youths.
        • After the initial report, OMB is to submit a report every 6 months detailing the federal government’s success in obtaining reimbursements from sponsors of aliens receiving federal means-tested benefits.

Directs the Attorney General to certify immediately and review BIA decisions that impede DHS enforcement of denying or deporting aliens on the basis they are likely to be or have become a public charge.
    Requires all federal departments and agencies to:

• Seek reimbursement from sponsors who signed affidavits of support if the aliens they sponsored received federal means-tested public benefits.
    • Notify DHS whenever they provide an alien with a federal means-tested benefit.

Other reports:

• Directs the Secretary of State and DHS Secretary to work with the Commissioner of Social Security to implement a policy to prohibit aliens who are not authorized to work in the U.S. from Social Security eligibility for that period.
    • Directs the Census Bureau to publish an annual report comparing welfare use among alien-headed households to U.S. citizen-headed households.
    • Directs the Council of Economic Advisers (CEA) to issue a report within 6 months of the conclusion of each fiscal year detailing the number of aliens receiving federal means-tested benefits and the cost to the American taxpayer.
      • Also directs CEA to report on the impact of low-skilled immigrant workers on the long-term solvency of the Social Security Trust Fund.

Full text of DRAFT Executive Order available here

Full Draft: https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/78725/Protecting_Taxpayer_Resources_by_Ensuring_Our_Immi gration_Laws_Promote_Accountability_and_Responsibi lity.0.pdf

http://immigrationreform.com/2017/01/27/protecting-taxpayer-resources-by-ensuring-our-immigration-law-promote-accountability-and-responsibility-draft-executive-order-summary/

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The savings to the American taxpayers under this will be huge not to mention eliminating the incentive for them to come here. Good luck trying to get money out of their sponsors for welfare they received though as most of them are here illegally and do not have sponsors and the rest if they have one will not pay.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

End the anchor baby scam NOW.

All non-citizens who give birth on US soil whether here on vacation, a Visa, here illegally or otherwise shall be issued a CERTIFICATE OF CHILD BORN ABROAD.

No US Birth Certificate, no citizenship, no eligibility for taxpayer funded benefits.

Change the Laws and get them OUT of our public schools. If you are here illegally or undocumented...NO SCHOOL.

NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND...TAKE IT WITH YOU BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

GO TRUMP GO!!! SIGN THAT PUPPY TODAY AND GET IT ROCKIN' AND ROLLIN'!!

GET THEM OUT OF OUR COUNTRY AND OFF OUR DOLE!!

It's a absolute outrage that illegal aliens were ever able to file income tax returns, receive any type of tax credit, food stamps, free school lunch, subsidized housing, WIC, TANF, Medicaid or any other type of taxpayer funded benefit in the United States. Way past time to end this total travesty against US citizen, US workers and US taxpayers.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post

It's a absolute outrage that illegal aliens were ever able to file income tax returns, receive any type of tax credit, food stamps, free school lunch, subsidized housing, WIC, TANF, Medicaid or any other type of taxpayer funded benefit in the United States. Way past time to end this total travesty against US citizen, US workers and US taxpayers.
    Actually, the directive is against aliens, not just illegal aliens, which I interpret to mean any non-citizen residing in the US, including "permanent legal aliens".
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by pkskyali View Post
    Actually, the directive is against aliens, not just illegal aliens, which I interpret to mean any non-citizen residing in the US, including "permanent legal aliens".
    Yes, I just realized that when I clicked on the thread this evening and read the title of the thread again. I said to myself, "wait, they're cutting public benefits for all aliens, that means all illegal aliens as well as legal immigrants. I then said to myself, "wow, I love this idea, and rightly so!" And then I said to msself: YIPPEE!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm all for it.

We simply cannot go on the way we are.

Yes, re-interpret the anchor baby law. It was not designed to encourage people to come here legally or illegally to have American citizens.

Any child produced by an illegal should not be a citizen and I think we should have the option of charging them with fraud if they contest it.

Also, all those 'Chinese Holiday' babies should be treated the same way and their parents charged with fraud. I also think they should raid those birthing places that are set up strictly for defrauding the American taxpayer.

I wonder if any of these churches have agreed to any responsibility for the people they bring in?

That would be fantastic.

Now there needs to be a Law to refuse them at our hospitals. I do not want to pay for their costs!

Unless it is life threatening...auto accident...then turn them ALL away. And NO child birth...$30 GRAND PLUS it costs us.

Go get care in your country.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL