Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by USA2
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    1st, Kiddo........you can't insult me as long as I do the right thing for the right reason.

2nd - Your comment has me wondering if you've actually read very much of what has been written by these outstanding AMERICANS on this site?

I say that because, you see, much of what is discussed here concerns Congess, that other branch of government who also takes an oath to protect our CONSTITUTION.

From my limited knowledge, I'm going out on a limb now, we're Repubs/Dems Concervatives/liberals. I think we're a pretty good mix of the good Ole USofA. This, my friend, is an AMERICAN issue.
    I am new and I can't possibly read EVERY post. I look at what interests me as a newbie.
    From what I see, is that my recent reads, point to an immediate solution, "or else". You have to be realistic here.
    The pres has to serve ALL, not just a few. He can't take one side, hence political rhetoric. It doesn't matter who is pres.
    In 2008, it will be the same old, same old.
    This is an issue for the legal American public to stand up and say, we've had enough. The enough is about those who HIRE illegals.
    As another newbie here, USA2, allow me to offer a couple of observations.

On whether this is a Bush-bashing site:

Yes, there does seem to be an inordinate amount of hysterical Bush-bashing that will doubtlessly be off-putting to many people. Claims that Bush had a hand in 9/11 or repeating unproven claims of cocaine abuse or draft-dodging do nothing to rally people around the central point of this site. There is no shortage of left-wing koolaid-drinkers on MANY sites, and since this one appears to be pretty even-handed in allowing all views to be vetted, it's no surprise that a number of them are here.

On whether Bush is to blame for illegal immigration:

Bush is the President. He determines how border enforcement resources are allocated. Many lawmakers have been infuriated that he has refused to use allocated funds to boost border enforcement. Border agents themselves privately complain that their hands are tied by the administration. We also know that Bush imagines himself a close friend of Vicente Fox. Then again, he considered himself and Vlad Putin to be kindred spirits, and we see how that's working out. Most importantly, Bush sets the agenda regarding immigration. As long as he continues to label the lawless vermin invading our Southern border with a cry of reconquista as "honest, churchgoing folks," the message is out there to the coyotes and to the Mexican political leadership that is earning billions of dollars annually from this invasion that the status quo is A-OK.

What could Bush do if he so desired?

1. He could step up enforcement against companies that knowingly hire illegal aliens. As it is, of the the hundreds of thousands or perhaps millions of people and businesses that employ illegal aliens, only a few tens have been prosecuted for it by this administration. That's unacceptable.

2. He could have ended catch and release at any time. There was a day that illegal immigrants lived in fear of the immigration officials demanding to see a green card. Today, most of them don't even know what an immigration official looks like, and they certainly have little reason to fear them.

3. He could have set the FBI on the fake ID racket that facilitates assimilation for the illegals. You can be damned certain that if there was an equivalent operation benefitting Americans for, say, the purpose of evading taxes, there would have been a virtual war declared by the feds and blood would have likely been shed.

4. He could have demanded cooperation from the Mexican government and imposed sanctions for failure to cooperate. Since when does the US carry water for a third world dump that would would live entirely below the poverty level if not for US tourism?

5. He could have provided military support for border enforcement or, better yet, he could have freed up National Guard units for use by their home state governors in afflicted areas.

6. He could have asked for and gotten funding for a sophisticated border wall or fense for high-penetration areas.

7. He could have asked for and gotten a law requiring that prosepctive employers check SS numbers provided by illegals against the existing database to make sure that the names and descriptions matched the numbers.

8. He could have asked for and gotten changes to voting laws and drivers licensing requirements that mitigated fraudulent voter registration by illegals through the Motor Voter Act. DLs based on bogus information are the keystone to false documentation for illegals.

9. He could have asked for and gotten legislation rejecting the Matricular Consualr card as valid ID for US residents or for opening accounts, etc.

10. He could have set the FBI and CIA on subversive groups such as MEChA that stir insurrection through false claims that the desert Southwest was "stolen" from Mexico and that plot revolution and the return of "Mexico del Norte" or "Aztlan" to Mexico, and could have made an example of those who fly the Mexican flag over the US flag by enforcing our flag laws.

Those are just a small number of the meaningful actions Bush could have taken to demonstrate that we mean business when it comes to an invasion of dirtbags who have no respect for our laws or our national sovereignty.

In case you are wondering about my political affiliation, I mostly vote a mix of Republican and Independent (mostly Republican unless there is a valid independent with agood shot) and I actually voted for George Bush. Twice. I wish I could have my votes back, but not so that I could vote for either of the bozos the Dems trotted out. This lesser of two evils thing is wearing me out, and I will not be caught in that trap again.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dxd
    curldee,
    President Bush is responsible. No one else. Legislators make laws, executives enforce them. We need enforcement of existing laws.

RE:Some people act like illegal immigration is a "new" problem. Where have they been?

Actually there are many many patriots that have been fighting this issue for years. Where have you been?

We don’t need any new laws. We don’t need any “immigration reform”.
    We need a real President that will enforce existing laws. Illegal aliens are already illegal otherwise they would not be called illegal aliens. Therefore the correct action is to call your congressman and tell him/her to introduce articles of impeachment as follows. Don’t get duped by supporting new and unnecessary laws that President Bush will not enforce anyway.

President Bush should be impeached for violating Article IV Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution.

Article IV
    Section 4. The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a Republican form of Government, and shall protect each of them against invasion;

ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT

Article of Impeachment#1: By not deporting illegal aliens and thus allowing illegal aliens to be present on U.S. soil, President Bush has placed illegal aliens above the law and as such has not guaranteed each state with a republican(rule of law) form of government. (You can not have rule of law when illegal aliens are above the law)

Article of Impeachment#2: By wanting to reward illegal aliens on U.S. soil with guest worker amnesty, President Bush has not guaranteed each state with a republican form of government. Any adjustment of status for illegal aliens in the U.S. is rewarding people for breaking the law. (You can not have rule of law when you reward people for breaking the law)

Article of Impeachment#3: President Bush has not protected the states against invasion by illegal aliens.
    Here is an example of what I am talking about above. Impeachment is a pipe dream of the most extreme sort. Presidents have been failing to uphold the Constitution since at least Lincoln. FDR may have been the worst culprit and he's a national hero! Impeachment is specifically for the purpose of trying the President for high crimes and misdemeanors. Incompetence or failure to properly execute one's delegated duties may be many things, but you'll be hard pressed to find any legal scholar who will agree that it is an impeachable offense, so good luck with all that. Our system's answer to bad leadership is the ballot box, but I'm not sure what we're supposed to do when Americans keep voting for the trained monkeys from the same two organgrinders.

People, if you don't keep your heads in the game and work on realistic solutions, the message gets lost and the people who are failing us win. Besides, what were our choices? We had Bush and his Mexico-friendly stance on one hand and Gore and his Mexico-friendly stance on the other. Let's not forget that this is not a new invasion, but one that started under Clinton back in 1996 when he all but opened the borders and gutted border enforcement. This not a partisan thing, which is why the goofball idea of getting the Senate, peopled by Republicans who are not about to make such a move against the President and Democrats who largely agree with his immigration policies, to issue articles of impeachment is patently absurd.

Excellent posts Crockett. Thanks for taking the time and trouble.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Impeachment & other such suggestions saps energy and divides focus.
    It's a negative all the way around.

I agree 100% with you guys.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    Excellent posts Crockett. Thanks for taking the time and trouble.
    Thanks. I just call 'em as I see 'em, and I mean no offense to anyone. This is a serious issue and it should be dealt with in a sober manner. Passion is all well and good, but it must be constrained by practicality and reason.

STOP with the Bush bashing or I'm gone.
    If you want people on this forum with solutions, dragging up history will not solve the future.
    You didn't think too much before you typed that sentence. All tomorrows are predicated on yesterdays.

I quite disagree with you that Bush not is to blame for our immigration problems. I mean, after all, Bush is the one that orders the Border Patrol to stand down. Bush is the one that fails to fund the enforcement of our laws. Bush is the one that has for years demanded a guest worker or amnesty program. So. Who should we blame Santa Claus???

MJ

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Let's not forget that this is not a new invasion, but one that started under Clinton back in 1996
    Actually it started in 1965 with Ted Kennedy's immigration act of '65 and was exacerbated in 1986 with the amnesty that Reagan signed into law. For that matter, if you do some research you'll find that enforcement of fines against employers who hire illegals was much tougher under Clinton than under the current occupant of the White House. But arguing about what past Democrat or Republican administrations have done is a waste of time.

We need to focus on what's going on right now. We can't fix or alter the past, only the present. The current President is not enforcing the laws against illegal immigration. The Executive branch of our government is tasked with enforcing the law. Bush is the leader of the Executive branch and is not doing his job.

But it's far worse than just failure to do his job or incompetence. He is purposely and knowingly allowing this country to be invaded and colonized by members of a foreign nation without them having to fire a shot. That has made a lot of American citizens angry and they feel he should be removed from office, which is why they are talking about impeachment.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Let's not forget that this is not a new invasion, but one that started under Clinton back in 1996
    Actually it started in 1965 with Ted Kennedy's immigration act of '65 and was exacerbated in 1986 with the amnesty that Reagan signed into law. For that matter, if you do some research you'll find that enforcement of fines against employers who hire illegals was much tougher under Clinton than under the current occupant of the White House. But arguing about what past Democrat or Republican administrations have done is a waste of time.

We need to focus on what's going on right now. We can't fix or alter the past, only the present. The current President is not enforcing the laws against illegal immigration. The Executive branch of our government is tasked with enforcing the law. Bush is the leader of the Executive branch and is not doing his job.

But it's far worse than just failure to do his job or incompetence. He is purposely and knowingly allowing this country to be invaded and colonized by members of a foreign nation without them having to fire a shot. That has made a lot of American citizens angry and they feel he should be removed from office, which is why they are talking about impeachment.
    There is some merit to your commentary, but border enforcement reached an (at that time) all-time low under Clinton prior to the '96 elections. As for stronger enforcement under Clinton, I would have to see some facts and figures to back that up. Perhaps if you included enforcement before he launched into "open borders" mode in the run-up to his re-election bid, his apparent enforcement numbers may seem higher, but I was working in California during that time and witnessed firsthand the flood of illegals he ushered in.

My point regarding impeachment is not whether someone should feel that the President is worthy of impeachment. It is the practical matter that for all the good it will do you, you may as well hope that he is abducted by aliens (the off-world type, not the Mexicans). It seems not only to be an unnecessary distraction to the business of attaining some meaningful action, but is also off-putting for people who do not care for wild rhetoric, as is the case with the originator of this thread.

Strength comes from unity, and unity is not attained via partisan politics in what is a non-partisan problem.

This is a kid, guys......probably between middle and early high school.

Did you catch the "drag up history?" He's too young to understand the merits of HISTORY. If you read him you'll see that he's just a juvenile pup who's not yet mastered reading comprehension and the art of research. He's not quite capable yet of organizing facts & thought.

JUST A KID
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Strength comes from unity, and unity is not attained via partisan politics in what is a non-partisan problem.
    CrocketsGhost,

With all the heartfelt appreciation in my soul I want to say "WELCOME TO ALIPAC!!!

People, what CrocketsGhost has said here is something IMO that really needs to be taken to heart. I know everybody here is madder than a wet cat over last nights speech, but how many threads do we need to vent our anger? A lot of good can be accomplished here if we can focus on the task at hand.

I'm probably more guilty than most when it comes to blowing my top. I've ALWAYS had 'issues' with that, I guess it's just my nature. My point though, is this. If we would put half the effort into typing a letter to our Reps as we do typing out our anger on these boards, WE CAN WIN THIS THING!

Hell, I'm just the Pinestraw Guy. I'll never get rich, I'll probably never even get to middle class. I've been competing with illegal aliens in the marketplace since before the Reagan Amnesty. I really don't give a crap about me.

What I worry about is my kids. And THEIR kids. And if there will be anything left for them. So I fight, as we all must, because this is bigger than us. It really is about the survival of our nation. With the stakes SO HIGH, we must WORK TOGETHER.

But we are equal opportunity Bashers, we get credit for that.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast