Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Let's Get Our Voices Heard

I believe we have to do all we can to get the word out about the negative impact of having millions of illegal aliens in this country. The Center Of Immigration Studies cites the high percentages of Americans who didn’t even know their candidate for President boasts a pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens. Now that we know these citizens are blind to this fact, I think I’ve found a way to open some eyes.

We can't rely on newspapers to print all our letters to the editors, so here's another way to get your views into print. For example, here in Idaho there are several newspapers that allow comments at the bottom of each story, as well as editorials and Letters to the Editor. If a story even looks like I can weave the issue of illegal immigration into it, I make comments about it and it usually starts a conversation with other posters. While some people may not post under these articles, they are most likely reading the comments. I make sure I post links if I'm quoting statistics. Most of these stories stay in a comment section for quite a few days if people are actively posting on it. (SOSADFORUS and I kept comments going for 4 pages on one article here in Idaho. ) Once I post under an article, I check back several times a day to see who has responded to my comments, and then make additional comments as needed. I also post a link for Alipac to encourage others to join us here and become members.

Has it been easy? No. I've gotten beat up more times than I can count, as the OBL's come out of the woodwork once you say anything negative about illegal immigration. But it just makes me more determined to get my voice heard, so I stiffen my spine and keep on posting. I try to abide by the same kind of rules we have here at Alipac, and not let some of the comments get under my skin no matter what they are. Some newspapers will boot these posters out, anyway if they use personal attacks.

All of us can do this in the state where we live and get more people involved. When you google newspapers for your state, a link comes up with a list for all of them. You can spend as little or as much time as you want to on this, but if we all do what we can, I think the results will be worth it.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

there are several newspapers that allow comments at the bottom of each story, as well as editorials and Letters to the Editor. If a story even looks like I can weave the issue of illegal immigration into it, I make comments about it and it usually starts a conversation with other posters.
    Good idea Tinybob. I've been doing this for awhile and hope more people get on board.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for the reminder tinybob.

Today is a great day to start. Or wait, we could jump in tomorrow too - that would be interesting timing!

But seriously, you make a great point and how important (and sometimes difficult) it can be to lead on the subject. What did General Patton once say - "Lead, follow, or get out of the way" (?)

Believe it or not, even some of the state legislators read the comments in the newspapers. We have one Idaho representative who has a blog of his own in one of our newspapers. I just found this, and as he's an OBL, I'm going to tackle him next.

Ya it is a good way to wake up more Americans to the problems and we have lots of fun also, we also have some real idiots...I think they are illegals
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

It's pretty HARD to get OUR voice heard when the media is PRO-illegal!

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    The MSM sucks. I read letters to the editor in certain newspapers, and it seems that more letters are printed when they are in favor of illegal aliens. Ooops, I used the word "aliens," the papers are too PC to print that, so they use the word "immigrants" instead.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Wilro, that's why it's important to get it in the paper, one way or another. This gives you a chance to argue against the illegal aliens in this country. If they call them immigrants, you explain why they are not immigrants. Some will fight you tooth and nail, but hang tough. We have a right to have our voices heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    there are several newspapers that allow comments at the bottom of each story, as well as editorials and Letters to the Editor. If a story even looks like I can weave the issue of illegal immigration into it, I make comments about it and it usually starts a conversation with other posters.
    Good idea Tinybob. I've been doing this for awhile and hope more people get on board.
    Me too

One easy way I keep up with comments and replies is that I have a folder in 'favorites' named "watch for comments" and date them each time I add the site to that folder (04-30, etc), that way I can check older topics first and delete them when comments are closed. (I hate when they do that and I have a new comment all typed and ready )
    I signed up for several google email alerts, using topics such as "illegal immigration" and "Illegal immigration Tennesse" and get instant updates each time a new news story hits the web and I go directly there and place my comment, if I have one and I usually do.

Even my tiny little town's online paper is taking comments now, along with the Tennessean and Nashville's NC5. The Tennessean has been running pity-party stories all week!

Alot of times a few of you get out there before me (and you know who you are ) and it's great knowing we're getting our voices out there...together!
    ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION= Breeding the American out of existence.

Mr Bush himself: "It is far too soon to judge a man with eight months left in office." 2008-05-24

April
    Tiny write:

(SOSADFORUS and I kept comments going for 4 pages on one article here in Idaho. ) Once I post under an article, I check back several times a day to see who has responded to my comments, and then make additional comments as needed. I also post a link for Alipac to encourage others to join us here and become members.
    Keep up the good work YOU TWO!!! I make use of comment sections myself. It is a great way to be heard!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast