Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter from Congressman Joe Walsh

I received the following in the mail today. At least one of them gets it.

"Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about illegal immigration. I appreciate your thoughts on the issue and I look forward to having the opportunity to respond.

Illegal immigration is a serious and urgent problem. The unrestricted flow of illegal aliens continues to threaten national security and strain infrastructure and programs designed to serve American citizens. Currently, more than 10 million people have crossed into our country illegally, with no record, no accountability and no oversight. We have no idea who they are, where they are going and what they plan to do.

The Federal for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) estimate that illegal immigration costs the American taxpayer more than $100 billion per year. It also estimates that criminal aliens account for 29% of prisoners in the Federal Bureau of Prisons. They are the fastest growing segment of the federal prison population and too often are released back into society to commit violent crimes again. This situation is unacceptable. Illegal immigration is bankrupting our country and threatening the safety of American families. It cannot continue.

Congress' first priority must be sealing the border. The Border Patrol must have all the technology, resources and political support it needs to accomplish this task. Once the border has been secured, Congress can turn its attention to the illegal immigrants living within our borders.

But let me make it clear: I do not support Amnesty and will not vote for any bill in which it is any part of the solution.

If I can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me. It is an honor and a privilege to serve you and the 8th district of Illinois in the United States House of Representatives.

I work for you,

Joe Walsh"

Joe Walsh replaced Melissa Bean, a Dem who voted in favor of the Dream Act. The tide is starting to turn.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ah this is the new guy from Illinois.

district eight

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    ah this is the new guy from Illinois.

district eight
    Let's just hope he stays this way and, that no one in power can bribe him to come over to their side. I have received letters from my reps on this subject, but they have never been this detailed in assuring me that they are against illegal immigration or amnesty. but they have both voted against it so I guess I can trust them to do so at every chance when this comes up. these people do not deserve amnesty and they certainly don't deserve citizenship. I went grocery shopping yesterday, and they were out in full force shopping using their food stamps. every where you turned all you could hear was them speaking spanish. I couldn't wait to get out of the store.

And I love his song "Rocky Mountain Way!"

Will be sending his letter to my own state reps. (backstabbing Dems.)
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Oh! Yeah! Thanks Reggie!" I'm gonna have some fun with this!
    and my subject title will be "How come this State Rep. gets it, and you don't?"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn