Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter from Senator Burr--H 1B Visas

Did any of you get a letter from Senator Burr today about the H 1B visas??? That was the one when Senator Byrd proposed an amendment to the Budget Reconciliation bill that would elimnate permanent and temporary visas. Senator Burr voted AGAINST this and he fed me some gobbledygook about "individuals allowed to work under an H-1B visa may not displace any working American employee, and employers must also attest that no qualified American worker is available to fill a vacant position." He is giving me that malarkey about the new $500 fee for all employment based permanent visas and that is supposed to reduce the deficit. He states that an "H 1-B visa worker is a non-immigrant alien....who typically work in specialty and very technical occupations such as in the field of medicine, teaching, engineering and research and their credentials are heavily scrutinized before entering the country".

He said that Senator Byrd introduced an amendment which would eliminate permanent and temporary visa fees from the Deficit Reduction Omnibus Act and also would assess a $1500 fee on all L 1 visas. He says this category permits multination firms to transfer top-level personnel to the US for a period of time. This was also defeated and Burr voted against this one too.

That's a breakdown of the GARBAGE. So, basically, he is going to be exactly like Dole. If Bushie wants it, Burr is going to do it. He doesn't have a backbone either. You CANNOT convince me that there are not SKILLED AMERICAN WORKERS to fill those jobs. NEVER.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

yep malarky it is ...
    I see the HBI alien is a form of outsourcing by importing workers from outside the country- it is another way of destroying the american workforce- mostly I think Indians and packis with thier technical degrees- but a workforce that can be deported can also not stand up to employers and amazon.com relies heavily upon this kind of employee.

I didn't realize that about Amazon.com. I might just stop shopping THERE. Good info, Rebecca.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Thanks Bootsie for sharing this information. Burr showed his colors on the CAFTA vote. Everyone that voted FOR CAFTA is part of the problem, not the solution. They are willfully and knowingly with the Wackident to dissolve the United States using illegal immigration; flooding our country with foreign nations; who don't care about the same things we do and wouldn't mind at all being part of an Alaska to Peru Great Spanish Continent called Western Hemisphere Quadrant 4.

If Americans don't like it, tough, they zoom us to Mars or the Moon for specialty work until we expire.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh, Gosh. I'm not sure I WANT to go to Mars or the Moon for SPECIALTY work. I wish they would send those OTHERS--we could call them OTA's--Other than AMERICANS--to the Moon or Mars. Now, THAT's a P L A N!!!

By bringing the foreign workers HERE they're avoiding the depression that would be created in laying off thousands, or millions, of American workers...the economy will just roll right along...and that's all they're interested in--high consumerism...

Save, don't spend.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones