Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I know it's difficult for people now to see where the South really WAS back then but the War Between the States really WAS for State's rights. The slavery issue was just a small thing in the overall picture and was used to malign the South. So, maybe seceding isn't a bad idea after all. Then we could self-govern. Although, I'm not sure the states would do any better at it than the federal government is.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I think we should just kick DC OUT and KEEP ALL THE REST. DC you know isn't a state to begin with. DC is actually governed by the....you got it....US Congress!!

I THINK we should CHANGE THAT.

I THINK we the people should govern DC through the states not the Congress.

There is an idea where DC would be divided up between Maryland and Virginia. I'm sure about that idea. Heretofore, I was opposed to it, but that was before I knew our US Congress was ruled by a bunch of Traitors.

Now..I think we need to re-think that one.

I'm thinking now I would like to see all 50 states form a 50 Person Committee with people elected by the states...1 per state....to do nothing but govern the District of Columbia. It's obvious we can no longer trust the US Congress with this responsibility.

Give this one some thought and post your ideas or comments.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm FOR IT!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

none of us knew because that's not what we were taught. We were taught President Abraham Lincoln was the "Great Emancipator" that freed the slaves from the mean 'ole south.

I learned about the civil war when I was trying to find out about my family tree. When I learned what the "federal government" did to the south, I was terrified and angry. And Bootsie, like you, some of my ancestors were from South Carolina which led the charge.

There is a fight in Florida to "rename" a school because Jefferson Davis owned slaves --- but did you know Confederate President Jefferson Davis, adopted a black boy named Jim Limber? Jim Limber was removed from the Davis home when Jefferson Davis was in prison. While in prison he made arrangements for Jim Limbers education but they never found him.

Jefferson Davis was in prison for two years and he refused to request a pardon because he wanted a public trial to prove that the Constitution provided for secession. S. Chase, Supreme Court Justice, said "we better not. A trial might conclude that the north invaded a sovereign nation."

The 'unCivil War' Reconsidered
    THE CIVIL WAR WAS NOT ABOUT SLAVERY!!

"The War of Government Aggression"
    1860-2005
    the perpetual war that never goes away

The "second" proposed 13th amendment, was passed by the northern Congress and the resolution was signed by President Abraham Lincoln in 1861 prior to the secession of the states. Under President Abraham Lincoln's 13th Amendment "No amendment shall be made to the Constitution which will authorize or give to Congress the power to abolish or interfere, within any State, with the domestic institutions thereof, including that of persons held to labor or service by the laws of said State"

-- had the southern states seceeded for slavery, President Abraham Lincoln's 13th Amendment would have been a sweet deal. As a matter of fact, after President Abraham Lincoln emancipated the slaves in the "rebel states" that he had no jurisdiction over, what he called a "military necessity," while the slaves in states under his jurisdiction remained in servitude. As late as 1865, President Abraham Lincoln was using slave labor to build the US Capitol. And President Abraham Lincoln said: "We didn't go into the war to put down slavery, but to put the flag back; and to act differently at this moment would, I have no doubt, not only weaken our cause, but smack of bad faith" -- the only was to win the war was to divide the south. -- in spite of the North's great advantages in industrial might and numbers, federal forces, the Union had still not succeeded in breaking the South. Black labor -- freemen and slaves -- had become ever more critical issue in the Confederacy.

The 'Emancipation Proclamation' that caused some slaves to go north, left them penniless, homeless and unemployed with only the clothes on their back and no retirement plan and was issued at a time when it appeared the Confederacy was winning the war of independence.

Lord Earl Russell, a British observer of the war, stated in a letter dated Jan. 17, 1863 that

"The Proclamation of the President of the United States...appears to be of a very strange nature. It professes to emancipate all slaves in places where the United States authorities cannot exercise any jurisdiction...but if does not decree emancipation...in any States, or parts of States, occupied by federal troops...and where, therefore, emancipation...might have been carried into effect...There seems to be no declaration of a principle adverse to slavery in this proclamation. It is a measure of war, and a measure of war of a very questionable kind. Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation was intended not only to cause blacks to defect from the Southern armies (teamsters, cooks, aids, fortification builders, and soldiers) but also to cause uprisings at home. One thousand torches in one thousand black hands would have effectively emptied the Confederate lines since most men would have returned home to defend and protect their families. The fact that this did not happen speaks volumes of the relationships that existed between the blacks and the whites in the South."
    In England, Charles Dickens observed:

"Union means so many millions a year lost to the South; secession means the loss of the same millions to the North. The love of money is the root of this, as of many other evils. The quarrel between the North and South is, as it stands, solely a fiscal quarrel."
    The northern states of the 'United States' -- the 'federal government' -- had three times as many horses as the southern states of the 'Confederacy' -- (an important military advantage since by the end of the war the Union army was losing around 500 horses per day).

Northern industrial firms: 128,000
    Southern industrial firms; 18,026
    Northern population: 22,200,000
    Southern population: 10,600,000 (including 3,500,000 slaves)
    Northern states: 23
    Southern states: 11
    Northern funding: war bonds, initiated federal income tax
    Southern funding: war bonds
    Americans serving in USA military: 2,000,000
    Americans serving in CSA. military: 950,000
    Northern seapower: Navy
    Southern seapower: no Navy
    Northern industrial workers: l,300,000
    Southern industrial workers: 110,000
    Northern farms: 67%
    Southern farms: 33%
    Northern wealth: 75%
    Southern wealth: 25%
    Northern bank deposits $207 million
    Southern bank deposits: $47 million
    Northern railroad mileage: 22,000
    Southern railroad mileage: 9,280

Yep, that was some pretty good odds for them "Rebels' to be pickin' a fight with the United States 'federal government.' Though the south provided about 87% of the revenue for the 'federal government' -- it had less than half the railroad mileage. It's a given, -- "if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch" -- the Confederate States of America were not prepared to defend itself against the powerful United States 'federal government' and tried to have 'peace' -- they wanted to be left alone. But President Abraham Lincoln thought they'd tuck their tails and hide under the porch -- he was wrong. The 'fact' that the Confederate States of America endured four years of war against one of the most powerful nations is nothing short of a miracle.
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Yes, and Lincoln also suspended habeas corpus and had the legislators from Maryland arrested as they attempted to go to Washington and vote on secession. They were released only after the vote.

Illegalities in Washington DC are not limited to today's politics...

I agree with our controlling Washington, they've become bloated, unconstitutional, illegal, arrogant spendthrifts.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

I've always known that the Civil War was a war for states rights, and not a war about slavery. Lincoln emanicpated the slaves b/c he wanted them to join the fight against the south. He was already conscripting all the Irish and other northern Europeans as soon as they stepped off the boats. He needed more conscripts, cannon fodder.

All this trash about the south being racist, etc. has been merely smoke and mirrors that divided the people with suspicion and anger. It's gone on till this very day with the southern men being maligned at every turn. Those were some of the fightingest, bravest, most dedicated men this world has ever seen...and it was a fight for FREEDOM from theft by the government of their goods and monies and against tyranny.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner
    Yes, and Lincoln also suspended habeas corpus and had the legislators from Maryland arrested as they attempted to go to Washington and vote on secession. They were released only after the vote.

Illegalities in Washington DC are not limited to today's politics...

I agree with our controlling Washington, they've become bloated, unconstitutional, illegal, arrogant spendthrifts.

RR
    getting into all of Lincoln's violations of the Constitution would take a while!! He was an obstructionist and a dictator.

Karl Marx, the father of communism, was an admirer of President Abraham Lincoln and wrote him on January 28, 1865 to say, "Sir: We congratulate the American people upon your re-election by a large majority" and assured him that the European communist movement was with him

According to Lenin, the first step of the long term process of developing a communist society is a 'revolutionary seizure of political power' -- the Confederate States of America fought for independence, states rights, property rights and a republic government where 'the people' govern themselves -- the 'Lincoln Regime,' under color of United States Authority, fought for 'political power' -- a 'national' and 'centralized government' -- the 'Lincoln Regime' won

members of the Communist Party U.S.A., went to Spain to fight in the Spanish Civil War on the side of communists, they called themselves the "Abraham Lincoln Brigade"

the Communist Party U.S.A. honored 'President' Abraham Lincoln by adorning its headquarters in New York with his portraits and held annual "Lincoln-Lenin Day" parades in New York City ... the 'federal government' honored 'President' Abraham Lincoln by building the Lincoln Memorial and having his face carved in stone on Mt. Rushmore

Adolf Hitler was TIME Magazine's "Man Of The Year" in 1938 and Stalin was TIME Magazine's "Man Of The Year" for 1939 and 1942

Adolf Hitler, a historian, quoted Lawyer/President/Dictator Abraham Lincoln's the "union created the states" theory from his First Inaugural Address address in Mein Kampf in order to make his own case for destroying federalism and states’ rights in Germany -- before 'his holocaust' -- now that's a resounding endorsement for one of the 'greatest presidents' of our country

President Abraham Lincoln's 'unCivil War' was a war of conquest of the Confederate States of America aimed at the dominance of 'the union' to consolidate central power -- 'illegal' measures for an unjust cause . . . . Adolf Hitler's war was a war of expansionist conquest aimed at ‘German’ dominance to consolidate central power -- 'illegal' measures for an unjust cause

President Abraham Lincoln issued a proclamation calling for troops, suspended the 'writ of habeas corpus' and blockaded southern ports -- powers delegated to Congress in the Constitution -- and in his 'special session' of Congress which he convened he said "These measures, whether strictly legal or not, were ventured upon, under what appeared to be a popular demand, and a public necessity; trusting then, as now, that Congress would readily ratify them. . .suspend the privilege of the writ of habeas corpus, or, in other words, to arrest and detain, without resort to the ordinary processes and forms of law, such individuals as he might deem dangerous to the public safety" -- he suspended other Constitutional guarantees pertaining to civil liberties. . . . . Adolf Hitler persuaded President Hindenburg of Germany to issue a decree entitled, "For the Protection of the People and the State." as a "defensive measure against Communist acts of violence endangering the state" -- the decree suspended the constitutional guarantees pertaining to civil liberties:

President Abraham Lincoln blamed the black race for America's domestic problems . . . Adolf Hitler later claimed the "Jew" were responsible for all of Germany's domestic problems

President Abraham Lincoln was a white supremacist and wanted to remove Americans of color and southerns from the country through starvation, annilation or colonization . . . Adolf Hitler was a white supremacist and wanted to remove the Jews from Germany, he did it with genocide -- the United States Supreme Court 'legalized' genocide through abortion

in November 1991, Jacques Cousteau stated "The United Nation’s goal is to reduce population selectively by encouraging abortion, forced sterilization, and control human reproduction, and regards two-thirds of the human population as excess baggage, with 350,000 people to be eliminated per day."

the 'unconstitutional 'federal government' established provisional governments in the conquered southern states . . . Adolf Hitler established a new provisional government in Germany

President Abraham Lincoln violated the Constitution and took the Confederate States of America by force . . Adolf Hitler concluded that the road to power lay not through force alone but through legal subversion of the Constitution

President Abraham Lincoln established himself as the ultimate arbiter and claimed absolute power . . . Adolf Hitler re-established himself in 1926 as the ultimate arbiter and claimed absolute power

President Abraham Lincoln won over the industrialists of the north . . . Adolf Hitler and the Nazi party in 1929 began to win over the big industrialists in Germany

President Abraham Lincoln played on national resentment of slavery to conquer a nation . . Adolf Hitler played on national resentment to gain a nation

President Abraham Lincoln presented himself as the redeemer of an enslaved people. . . Adolf Hitler presented himself as Germany's redeemer and messianic saviour

President Abraham Lincoln once in office moved with great speed to outmanoeuvre and overpower the defenseless Confederate States of America . . . Adolf Hitler once in office moved with great speed to outmanoeuvre his rivals

President Abraham Lincoln refused to listen to the advice of his cabinet and declared an 'unofficial' war against the Confederate States of America by calling 75,000 troops and personally controlled the war for three months before Congress convened . . . Adolf Hitler assumed personal control of all military operations and refused to listen to advice

President Abraham Lincoln used persuasion, propaganda, terror and intimidation to secure his hold on power . . . Adolf Hitler used persuasion, propaganda, terror and intimidation to secure his hold on power

President Abraham Lincoln imprisoned innocent civilians in the north and these arrests were "not made so much for what has been done as for what might be done" -- essentially 'President' Lincoln implemented concentration camps . . . Adolf Hitler implemented concentration camps

President Abraham Lincoln invaded the 'sovereign nations' of the Confederate States of America to dominate America and 'preserve the union' declaring "Physically speaking, we cannot separate" . . Adolf Hitler invaded 'sovereign nations' to dominate Europe and secure Germany's "living space"

President Abraham Lincoln authorized 'total war'[] on the Confederate States of America to annihilate the black and white, men, women and children of the South . . . Adolf Hitler invaded Russia with a war to annihilate the Jews

the Confederate States of America did not collapse as President Abraham Lincoln anticipated, he underestimated the military capability of the defenseless inferior Confederate States of America causing him to change his mind about his objectives . . . the Soviet Union did not collapse as Adolf Hitler anticpated, he underestimated the military reserves of the Russians causing him to change his mind about his objectives.

President Abraham Lincoln built up the union army by conscription . . . Adolf Hitler built up his army by conscription

President Abraham Lincoln and the 'federal government' were confident the Confederate States of America had been struck down and would never rise again . . . Adolf Hitler proclaimed the Soviet Union had been "struck down and would never rise again."

the South can rise again -- not against military power, but at the ballot box by demanding Congress defend the Constitution and the rights of 'the people' and 'the states'by impeaching the ' class of people in government -- the criminals -- that are unfit to serve

President Abraham Lincoln was an atheist, though some claim he was a Christian . . . Adolf Hitler was claimed to be an atheist and a 'devout' Christian

President Abraham Lincoln is compared to Jesus the Nazarene and he said “The Bible is not my book, and Christianity is not my religion. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma. . . . Adolf Hitler claimed "I shall never come personally to terms with the Christian lie."

in his second inaugural address President Abraham Lincoln claimed it was "God's will" to remove slavery . . . Adolf Hitler claimed he was defending himself "against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

President Abraham Lincoln was a skilled attorney that used metaphors, hidden meanings and things he said and did were not as they appeared . . . Adolf Hitler claimed the art of propaganda "consists in doing this so skilfully that everyone will be convinced that the fact is real, the process necessary, the necessity correct. . ."

President Abraham Lincoln stated "we denounce the lawless invasion by armed force of the soil of any State or Territory, no matter what pretext, as among the gravest of crimes . . the property, peace, and security of no section are to be in any wise endangered by the now incoming Administration. I add, too, that all the protection which, consistently with the Constitution and the laws, can be given will be cheerfully given to all the States when lawfully demanded,". . . .Adolf Hitler stated "I think I can assure you that there is no one in Germany who will not with all his heart approve any honest attempt at an improvement of relations between Germany and France. . . German people has the solemn intention of living in peace and friendship with all civilized nations and powers."

President Abraham Lincoln was completely self-taught, had a brillant strategist's mind and was a great debater and a manipulator . . . Adolf Hitler was completely self-taught and had a brillant mind with a photographic memory and was a great debater and manipulator

President Abraham Lincoln was illegitimate with no ancestoral pride, his mother was an illegitimate barmaid and it is rumored several of his potential fathers (16) were from North/South Carolina -- among these are such notables and great patriots as John C. Calhoun, Henry Clay the tax lord, Patrick Henry (he died in 1799; Lincoln was born in 1809) Abraham Enlow -- (he stated he was from "Southern extraction" and actually claimed Abraham Enloe as his father -- his mother worked as a servant in the Enloe home) -- Abraham Lincoln destroyed the south [4] . . . . Adolf Hitler was illegitimate with no ancestoral pride and it was rumored his father was "a Jew" -- when Nazi Germany occupied Austria he had the village where his father grew up destroyed

Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederate States of America had a 'legitimate' presidency and Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States had an illegitimate presidency and his power was derived from the 'Lincoln Regime,' under color of United States Authority -- both were 'sons of the south' and symbolic of the war between good and evil, Christian and atheist, legitimate and illegitimate

due to the 'political ambitions' of Robert Todd Lincoln, son of President Abraham Lincoln and the only Lincoln child to reach adulthood -- the 'federal government' by and through Robert Todd Lincoln, then the Secretary of War, ordered that one of a possible 'sixteen sites' in Kentucky be 'officially' established as his 'place of birth' and his birth date of 1809 be "officially" established to 'preserve his reputation' because he didn't want his father's 'humble beginnings' exposed and those that opposed the 'politically correct' version of the 'carpenters son' were retaliated against. The 'federal government' fabricated the story of our 16th President's heritage, carefully dodging his illegitimate birth in North Carolina and legitimized the uncontitutional invasion of the Confederate States of America effectuating the 'fraud' upon the American people with the Lincoln thinkin'

Over fifteen cities claim to be the birthplace of Abraham Lincoln who was born in North Carolina. The Lincoln Heritage House was restored to 'perpetuate' the memory of a man who was "humble in origin."

Residents of Elizabethtown, Kentucky remembered seeing Abe Lincoln there two years before the 'official' date of his birth. (Dear Abby, Our son was married in January. Five months later his wife had a ten-pound baby girl. They said the baby was premature. Tell me, can a baby this big be that early? Wondering ... Dear Wondering, The baby was on time, the wedding was late. Forget it.)

On February 12, 1892 Abraham Lincoln's 'fake' birthday was declared to be a federal holiday in the United States

'illigetimacy' is not a federal crime -- fraud is. FRAUD: is the misrepresentation of a fact; suppression of a fact; the misrepresentation of a fact by failing to disclose, remaining, silent a FRAUD BY OMISSION; or Fraud by DELAY

"All propaganda has to be popular and has to adapt its spiritual level to the perception of the least intelligent of those towards whom it intends to direct itself." . . . "How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think." . . . The great masses of people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one. Especially if it is repeated over and over." . . . "The victor will never be asked if he told the truth" ~ Adolf Hitler ~

President Abraham Lincoln is reported to have said "All I am or ever hope to be I owe to my sainted mother ." . . . . President Abraham Lincoln actually said "I'll tell you something, but keep it a secret while I live . My mother was a bastard, the daughter of a nobleman so-called of Virginia. My mother's mother was poor and credulous, and she was shamefully taken advantage of by the man. My mother inherited his qualities, and I hers. All that I am, or hope ever to be, I got from my mother, God bless her. Did you never notice that bastards are generally smarter, shrewder, and more intellectual than others? Is it because it is stolen?" . . . . "I don't know who my grandfather was, and I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be."

Abraham Lincoln always feared his mother was not 'properly' married to Thomas Lincoln and requested the marriage certificate which was never found until "after" his death -- historians think the certificate was a forgery -- a fake, just like 'honest Abe' and his 'legacy' that 'stole' from honest men their legacy and southerners their heritage

President Abraham Lincoln's "father" was a drunkard and abused him, his mother, that died when he was nine, spoiled him . . Adolf Hitler's "father" was a drunkard and abused him, his mother spoiled him . . .both were from a dysfunctional family.

President Abraham Lincoln suffered from depression and terrifying outburst of uncontrollable rage (as President he controlled his rage with "little blue pills") and bizarre behavior and he admired brutality in others, . . Adolf Hitler's behavior fluctuated between blackest depression and uncontrollable rage and he admired brutality in others, even in his enemies.

President Abraham Lincoln was infected with syphilis . . .Adolf Hitler was rumored to be infected with syphilis purportedly from a Jewish prostitute (Mary Todd Lincoln was also infected and was committed by her son Robert to an Illinois insane asylum in 1875) -- left untreated infection of syphilis leads to pathological degeneration

President Abraham Lincoln had a 'yen for men' according to the diary of Joshua Speed, [1] Lincolns roommate for four years . . .

President Abraham Lincoln was assassinated by a derringer with a bullet behind his left ear . . . Adolf Hitler committed suicide by shooting himself through the mouth with a pistol

President Abraham Lincoln caused the death of over 625,000 soldiers and hundreds of thousands of non-combatants, the bloodiest war of America . . .Adolf Hitler caused the death of over 6,000,000 Jews in humanity's bloodiest endeavour

under the leadership of President Abraham Lincoln, 'the union' started the 'unCivil War' . . under the leadership of Adolf Hitler, Germany started World War II and committed the Holocaust

President Abraham Lincoln was referred to as a 'Great Dictator' by his friends. . . Adolf Hitler was referred to as the 'Great Dictator'

Was Abraham Lincoln a Rothschild? -- according to Pandora's Box yes.. . . Was Adolf Hitler a Rothschild? . . . The Rothschilds were involved in railroads, "centralized" banking and the "Federal Reserve"" and it's collection agency -- the IRS -- required a "centralized" government.

'President' Abraham Lincoln was assassinated on April 14, 1865 -- Good Friday -- while attending a ' special performance' of -- 'Our American Cousin' . . . coincidence or symbolism?

Secretary of State Edwin Stanton appears to have ordered General Ulysses Grant and Major Thomas T. Eckert not to attend the performance with the Lincoln's

Was Abraham Lincoln the "Secret" leader of a satanic cult "

Americans consider President Abraham Lincoln one of America's 'greatest presidents' -- the 'Great Emancipator' -- a humane, farsighted statesman . . . Americans consider Adolf Hitler one of the worlds worse war criminals and mass-murderer . . .in spite of the fact the parallels that each of their lives began and ended the same, and Adolf Hitler followed in the footsteps of President Abraham Lincoln

Southern heritage and ancestral pride of the blacks in the Confederate south does not fit into the agenda of the communist party
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner
    I've always known that the Civil War was a war for states rights, and not a war about slavery. Lincoln emanicpated the slaves b/c he wanted them to join the fight against the south. He was already conscripting all the Irish and other northern Europeans as soon as they stepped off the boats. He needed more conscripts, cannon fodder.

All this trash about the south being racist, etc. has been merely smoke and mirrors that divided the people with suspicion and anger. It's gone on till this very day with the southern men being maligned at every turn. Those were some of the fightingest, bravest, most dedicated men this world has ever seen...and it was a fight for FREEDOM from theft by the government of their goods and monies and against tyranny.

RR

if it weren't for the blacks -- slaves and free -- the south would not have been able to fight for four years. These men left their homes and their families in the care of the slaves --- it was the federal government they didn't trust

H.K. Edgerton, a former president of the NAACP said

"The attack on the Confederacy doesn't get the attention it deserves. These blacks today have no idea what took place back then. (Blacks) earned a place of dignity in that war. If it wasn't for Africans that war would have lasted four days, not four years. We made all of the implements of war, we fought, we participated -- not one slave insurrection happened during that period of time. They did not have whips and guns forcing them to be there. God and his infinite wisdom brought these people here. He brought about a love between master and slave that has never happened before. If you search this empirically then you will know the only one who cared about the African was the man in the south. But we don't want to face that."
    Anthony Harvey, another black defender of the Confederacy said “I think the Confederacy and the Confederate flag have been given a bad image" and "liberal whites are the real racists because they use blacks to attack their own enemies, conservatives, by using symbols like the Rebel Flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Mamie!! I NEVER KNEW THAT!!

How is it possible that I know so little about the events of the Civil War.

I was raised in Missouri where it was not discussed and even though our state was Union, half of the state was below the Mason-Dixon Line. They say this state was the state where the term "brother against brother" originated. I was raised below the Mason Dixon Line but no one ever discussed it. I guess down through the years everyone just put it behind them on both sides. Everyone considered the state a Union state and it's amazing now thinking back what the landscape of my home state must have looked like and felt like during the Civil War where the State was Union but with many citizens in the southern part of the state sympathetic to the Conferedates.

I never knew these facts about Abraham Lincoln and his tariffs. Or if I did, I didn't understand their meaning at the time.

The victor gets to write the histroy books, and the (Union) goverment runs the school so they control what the kids are taught.

Many northerns also were againgest the wars. New York city had draft roits againest the war and the Army Cannon factory and arsenal in Watervliet,NY(West Troy at the time) was attacked by southern surporters from across the Hudson river... the aresenal was defended by the commander and loyal supports after he was tip off by one of the southern supports. Being the caommander was from the south they thought he would be willing to help them.
    Lt. Col. North Carolina Confederate Militia

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurC
    Lt. Col. North Carolina Confederate Militia

there's such a thing as the Confederate Militia? I know of the Sons of the Confederacy . . .

the reason I keep bringing up the 'uncivil war' is because history repeats itself and we all need to know the truth so we won't become helpless victims again of an "unconstitutional" Congress

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast