Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The REAL name for the Civil War was the "War of NORTHERN Aggression"!! And, in the United Daughters of the Confederacy, that is still what we call it! The South was SO MALIGNED by Lincoln and his cronies but, from doing TONS of research on the subject of slavery, the mistreated slave was very rare indeed. I have my great-great grandfather's Plantation journal and, in reading it, it is obvious that his slaves were treated as members of the family. In it, he notes all of the daily activities of the plantation and, quite often, I found references to having the doctor come for one of the sick slaves or children of slaves. After the Emancipation, these people were left homeless, starving, ill and also ill-prepared to survive. The North did NOT take them in and give them tools to survive.

Mamie, you have come up with some very interesting points about Lincoln. And, it is SO refreshing to find people who KNOW that Lincoln was NO GOD as he is portrayed now.

THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurC
    Lt. Col. North Carolina Confederate Militia

there's such a thing as the Confederate Militia? I know of the Sons of the Confederacy . . .

the reason I keep bringing up the 'uncivil war' is because history repeats itself and we all need to know the truth so we won't become helpless victims again of an "unconstitutional" Congress
    We are here, therefor we are
    There are actually a dozen militia and other anti-gov groups in NC
    Some peaceful, some not.
    Lt. Col. North Carolina Confederate Militia

Reading all those excerpts of history I was struck by the parallells of today and our current dictatorship.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    The REAL name for the Civil War was the "War of NORTHERN Aggression"!! And, in the United Daughters of the Confederacy, that is still what we call it! . . . I have my great-great grandfather's Plantation journal and, in reading it, it is obvious that his slaves were treated as members of the family. In it, he notes all of the daily activities of the plantation and, quite often, I found references to having the doctor come for one of the sick slaves or children of slaves. After the Emancipation, these people were left homeless, starving, ill and also ill-prepared to survive. The North did NOT take them in and give them tools to survive.

Mamie, you have come up with some very interesting points about Lincoln. And, it is SO refreshing to find people who KNOW that Lincoln was NO GOD as he is portrayed now.

THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN.
    I read that many plantations had hospitals and the slave owners had "maternity leave" long before the federal government. In the south, unlike the north, the slaves attended the same churches and road public transportation, they were treated like family because most of the time they were!!! and that's why the north hated the south and their "class" of people . . .

Alexander Stephens, Vice-President of the Confederate States, asked President Lincoln what the freed slaves would do, without education or property. Lincoln -- the "GREAT Emancipator, said they could 'Root, hog, or die.'

the 'uncivil war' was not a war of freedom, but a war of conquest and the more I read of the hatred for the southern people -- black and white --- the more it reminded me of Adolf Hitler. Imagine my surprise when I learned Lincoln was Hitler's idol and possibly his cousin!!
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

There are just SO MANY Paralels, aren't there? I didn't realize that Lincoln was Hitler's idol.

People just don't realize what the South was really like.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

There are just SO MANY Paralels, aren't there? I didn't realize that Lincoln was Hitler's idol.

People just don't realize what the South was really like.
    many claim that Lincoln was an illegimate "Rothchild" -- Hitler was too.

It's scary to think our country's "greatest" President was a model for Adolf Hitler ... had Lincoln had access to gas chambers, the south as we know would not exist ... he declared "total war" against the men, women, children -- black or white. Is it any wonder the victor rewrote history and buries the truth under the American flag?
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

That reminds me of something else I remember as a child. Any time anyone started playing or singing "The Battle Hymn of the Republic", my father and grandfather would cut it off or leave the room!! It took me YEARS to figure that one out. And, even as recent as 7 or 8 years ago, I was visiting my elderly aunt and uncle and my cousin and I started playing that on the piano and my uncle left the room!! Old passions die hard!

That reminds me of something else I remember as a child. Any time anyone started playing or singing "The Battle Hymn of the Republic", my father and grandfather would cut it off or leave the room!! It took me YEARS to figure that one out. And, even as recent as 7 or 8 years ago, I was visiting my elderly aunt and uncle and my cousin and I started playing that on the piano and my uncle left the room!! Old passions die hard!

you can tell stories were passed down through the generations. When I learned the truth I cried ... these brave men and the heritage of the south has been treated as a "hate crime"

AMEN. I still contend that the South has been misportrayed for lo these many years. We DID FIGHT, and fought valiantly, for the rights of the States to govern themselves and make decisions for their own people. This does parallel what WE are fighting for today. We are being forced to fight for something that our federal government refuses to fight for. The states are going to have to start drawing the line somewhere and stop waiting for the federal government to act.

AMEN. I still contend that the South has been misportrayed for lo these many years. We DID FIGHT, and fought valiantly, for the rights of the States to govern themselves and make decisions for their own people. This does parallel what WE are fighting for today. We are being forced to fight for something that our federal government refuses to fight for. The states are going to have to start drawing the line somewhere and stop waiting for the federal government to act.
    states rights is even more important today than then --- the mass transit and air travel, our national security is always at risk. And like 1860, the invasion of the federal government -- by their act of omission and consent --- affects everyone, black, white or purple polka dotted that is a legal
    American citizen -

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123