Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian503a
    I agree with what you say but Bush did have to back down with his plan before the election because he was getting feedback that the real voters who matter didn't like it one bit, and he was in a very tight race with Kerry at the time. It was all smoke and mirrors to keep from losing votes.

Now he has over 3 years to try and get it through. I'm almost hoping another terrorist attack happens to shutdown his nonsense. Actually I like to see it stopped before anyone is hurt or killed, but enough kill any amnesty bills that could make it to his desk.

However Bush has no desire to secure the borders, and to slow the illegal invasion. I think only another terrorist attack. or attempt could change his mind, especially if the terrorists sneaked across the border illegally. It's really pathetic when you want something bad to happen to get something done from your government.
    The bad thing is that even if we had another terror attack, they will likely come up with more "solutions" which do nothing to deal with illegal immigration, but pacifies the populace, while eroding away the rights of CITIZENS even further.

YUP!

Quote Originally Posted by DonQuixote
    I agree with what you say but Bush did have to back down with his plan before the election because he was getting feedback that the real voters who matter didn't like it one bit, and he was in a very tight race with Kerry at the time. It was all smoke and mirrors to keep from losing votes.

Now he has over 3 years to try and get it through. I'm almost hoping another terrorist attack happens to shutdown his nonsense. Actually I like to see it stopped before anyone is hurt or killed, but enough kill any amnesty bills that could make it to his desk.

However Bush has no desire to secure the borders, and to slow the illegal invasion. I think only another terrorist attack. or attempt could change his mind, especially if the terrorists sneaked across the border illegally. It's really pathetic when you want something bad to happen to get something done from your government.
    The bad thing is that even if we had another terror attack, they will likely come up with more "solutions" which do nothing to deal with illegal immigration, but pacifies the populace, while eroding away the rights of CITIZENS even further.
    Well, Homeland Security is a farce. What will they name another new agency. Immigration Hospitality Reform?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California or ground zero of the invasion

Re: YUP!

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQuixote

Well, Homeland Security is a farce. What will they name another new agency. Immigration Hospitality Reform?
    I agree with you 100% Homeland Security it is a big joke. There is absolutely no hope of Bush doing anything to make this country safer from terrorists, or illegal immigration during the remainder of his second term in office.

However, I still think the one small chance he would do something is if we had another major terrorist attack, and it was discovered terrorists got into the U.S. through the porous borders. I believe that would lead to a mass outcry from the public to finally secure the borders with the military at least temporarily.

It might also give more political leverage to some of the few true anti illegal politicians like Tom Tancredo to get some laws passed that would actually help the cause. But it is going to take Bush getting backed into a corner with no other way out for it to happen.

Also in my opinion if Bush decided to still ignore the border problem after another attack it would be political suicide for the Republican party during the next election, or it could lead to his on party turning on him big time to save their own necks. I wouldn't mind seeing him get hell from his own party.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Butterbean....don't you mean the "Immigration Welcome Wagon"?

We can bake them all a bundt cake!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Butterbean....don't you mean the "Immigration Welcome Wagon"?

We can bake them all a bundt cake!

RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

I liked this one, it's a keeper.

He is now just a World Traveler on a US Expense Account.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12