Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner
    I agree with your solutions 100%...but do you think that Lebanon would TAKE 'em...

they told her to either settle out of court for 3 million or the ACLU will move to cease all of her assets.
    Since when does the ACLU had the power to cease anyone's assets??

RR
    You got to admit the Lebanon comment was classy. Why not ship them to Lebanon? We'll just put them on a Navy aircraft carrier and drop them off at the shore line and then leave. Small payback for the barracks bombing back in the early 80's.

As far as the ACLU goes, I swear that's what I heard on Michael Savage last night. I couldn't believe it either. The thing that makes me the most angry is that if the Senate had the guts (even if it were just one or two Senators) they could investigate the ACLU, bring them up on charges and crush them like the bugs that they are, but they won't do it because they are cowards. If the ACLU existed back during the times of WWI and WWII they would have been shutdown and tried for sedition in a New York minute. I can't believe this is happening in our country. Who elected these vermin as the 4th branch of government?
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

hmm...Looks like we've got a lot of work to do. Rearranging our congress, impeaching our president, ousting the ACLU and most of the Supreme Court...

Don't laugh, it ain't funny....

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

speechless.

Wait, something coming.....

GEEEEEZZZEEE............ U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help me.

glenn

Dman writes:

The next day the ACLU calls her home and tells her that because she infringed on the illegal aliens rights
    My reply:

Given the above, I would like to know exactly "what rights" were "infringed".

Jefferson gave us some guidance in interpreting the Constitution and hence the “law� when he penned these immortal words:

<begin Jefferson quote>
    On every question of construction [of the Constitution] let us carry ourselves back to the time
    when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead
    of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or intended against it, conform to the
    probable one in which it was passed.
    <end Jefferson quote>

Bearing that I mind it might be interesting to review the history of our nation and see how these issues have been addressed in the past. Historically our Founding Father's a rather interesting albeit minimal debate on the rights of aliens in the country, and as I recall they drew upon the work of William Blackstone (as the did throughout the founding). The basic tenet was that an alien inherits the state of their parents. And since their parents had no “rights� or “standing� in the country the alien would have no rights or standing in the country.

More interesting and germane is this point by Alexander Hamilton, an immigrant himself:

<begin Hamilton quote>

To admit foreigners indiscriminately to the rights of citizens, the moment they put foot into our country ... would be nothing less than to admit the Grecian horse into the citadel of our liberty and sovereignty.

<end Hamilton quote>

So once again I wonder where the legal precedent is for asserting that “aliens� have “rights�. (Actually the answer is a fascinating study of the changing nature of both Congressional and Judicial opinion on the issue. Which is to say, both have reversed them several times, which makes the views of the Founder’s even more relevant. )

Dman, well you know I do not disagree with anything you have stated. And we both know I am not free to state what I really think; so let's just say I share your level of frustrating and believe it is actionable in the great tradition of our Founding Fathers.

All the best my friend,

Patritoman

The thing that makes me the most angry is that if the Senate had the guts (even if it were just one or two Senators) they could investigate the ACLU
    The only thing that I know of that puts any backbone in any of our legislators ( apparently they weren't born with any) is for them to know that the PEOPLE are watching...the PEOPLE just might vote them out of office..a position they bought and paid for...what is lacking, as far as I'm concerned, is a concerted effort from the voters.

We have to hold them to the line. The Constitutional line. IF we don't...we're lost.

JMO

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

RoadRunner writes:

We have to hold them to the line. The Constitutional line.
    My reply:

Hold them...how??? They have not followed the Constitution in years. Heck the majority in this country just reelected a maggot who has all but wiped his rear with the Constitution (and no I do not respect El Presidente Bush, nor the office he, his father, and Clinton disgraced. Respect is earned...in the last 17 years no one has held that office in a way that endeared respect.)

As long as they play that lesser of two evils nonsense the majority in this country will vote for one of the two traitors running for office and insure the country loses every time.

Even Pat Buchanan stabbed the Constitution party in the back last year by endorsing El Presidente Bush. Pat, Pat, Pat was it worth it to sell your soul? I also noticed you sold out on McLaughlin by not mentioning the reason for the Bush poll drop had to do with immigration.

Ahhh, the heck with it...

Patriotman

We can do nothing while we stand divided. Together we are a formidable force. We must let them know, when legislation that is against the constitution is being considered, that we are watching, that we disapprove.

True, there are millions that are not vigilant...they are also uninformed. We have to raise enough hell...

IF we could start impeaching the prez for malfeasance of office..it would scare the pants off of those reprobates that are currently voting on legislation they haven't bothered to read or have aides read.

This may be a kooky idea...but we don't seem to have a lot of options.

RR

Dman I find that story hard to believe frankly. Who is this Arizona woman that the ACLU supposedly tried to extort 3 million dollars from? I'm not doubting that you heard that story, I'm just doubting the veracity of the whole thing. The ACLU doesn't even remotely have the power to take anybody's assets.

Quote Originally Posted by patriotman
    ....... well meaning rant clipped .........

Ahhh, the heck with it...

Patriotman
    Unfortunately, I also feel this is what the majority of peope ARE feeling.

RoadRunner you are right. I am just frustrated. My city has been invaded for decades now. Heck in the 70's the local Newspaper called it Wetback City, so I probably have been frustrated by this issue for longer than most and therefore fed up with our legislature for longer than most.

Regards,

Patriotman

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast